The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4040
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Same!

5 a week, 1 a day... We have five periods in a day, but I'm confused :frown:

if you're doing 4 subjects then you should a free period everyday
Original post by Infinity_4652
As long as i live, i want to be young. But sadly, thats not how life works! :frown:

I totally agree! Motivation and experience are probably the two most useful things we have gained from this year.

You have an extra week of summer! Enjoy it while it lasts! :tongue:
I feel that i have lost all my patience to wait for the summer to finish, so i am really happy and looking forward to monday!

Do you like nemo? :tongue:

hello, i took some days off TSR as been busy. I had my enrolement today though! We had to fill in a form with personal details, photocopy our results, interview with new form teachers and a questionnaire to find out about any learning difficulties. Induction day is monday, tuesday is first proper day :biggrin:

Have you started your year? If so, how is it going?
Reply 4042
Same!

5 a week, 1 a day... We have five periods in a day, but I'm confused :frown:

Original post by pathosL

We do 9 periods of each subject over 2 weeks, 1 hour periods (5 periods a day)

And we only have 4 frees over 2 weeks!
Original post by pathosL

But we have to do sports once a week. Which is 4 frees left.

One week we have a tutor session, so 3 frees on week A. 4 week B.

And I signed up for ECs... Which would be during frees at times :colonhash:
So how did my first day go?

So I rolled up in my bike to the sixth form and went to the sports hall to collect my timetable. Then we had form tutor for about an hour just explaining things to us. We had 15 minutes to wander around and then we would get to class. First lesson was maths - cracking lesson. The teacher had to be the funniest guy ever, anyway nothing too hard just some GCSE algebra. He also has these things called buff points for answeringquestions and going up to the board. Also calls us maths geeks, despite that the class was under control. Then 45min free period I was just eating and on the computers. Next was chemistry, it was alright lesson. Then I finished at 2 and straight home

How many people go to your sixth form? How was your first day?
Reply 4045
Is anybody here doing 5 as' s?
Reply 4046
Original post by jandle

Me maybe :h: as i may be doing further maths :redface:
Original post by jandle

I might end up having 5, because I'm doing two units of Mechanics, they suggest doing AS Further Maths in the second year as I'll have dropped a subject, and I'll be doing the A2s alongside,
Has anyone had an induction day for college? If so how was it? Shall i expect lessons?

someone please reply!
Original post by jandle

Yeah!
Original post by techno836
haha i know how you feel ... it still doesn't seem right yet :lol: i had double chemistry yesterday and guidance and they were ACE :biggrin: i loved chemistry and guidance is just guidance really :lol: like tutor. and i've had double maths and double physics today, maths was good but physics was just meh :s-smilie:

Haha, yeah, I have to say I'm a little suspicious to be honest... :hmmm:
Reply 4051
Original post by Georgiecat
Haha, yeah, I have to say I'm a little suspicious to be honest... :hmmm:

:rofl: its to get our minds back into gear :lol:
Reply 4052
But we have to do sports once a week. Which is 4 frees left.

One week we have a tutor session, so 3 frees on week A. 4 week B.

And I signed up for ECs... Which would be during frees at times :colonhash:

oh we don't have sports but we have this tutorial thing where you have to stay for an hour so i also have 4 frees, aren't ECs just a waste of time :confused:
Original post by pathosL
oh we don't have sports but we have this tutorial thing where you have to stay for an hour so i also have 4 frees, aren't ECs just a waste of time :confused:

I've signed up for loads... Gonna have to cut some down!
Reply 4054
Me maybe :h: as i may be doing further maths :redface:

me too, i'm still undecided whether or not to do it really :eek:
Reply 4055
I've signed up for loads... Gonna have to cut some down!

I might do badminton but my teacher told me it's better to just do independent studying instead
Original post by pathosL
I might do badminton but my teacher told me it's better to just do independent studying instead

We HAVE to do sports for an hour a week :emo:
Reply 4057
We HAVE to do sports for an hour a week :emo:

couldn't be too bad lol unless you're going to a new college where you don't know anyone
:rofl: its to get our minds back into gear :lol:

I know, lots of people in my classes have forgotten basically everything over summer.
Original post by pathosL
couldn't be too bad lol unless you're going to a new college where you don't know anyone

:colonhash:

Yes.

Latest