The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Have an almost empty timetable (including two days with no lessons at all), yet we're not allowed study leave this year so must be present in school regardless. :frown:

Today I had two frees then double Biology, then English Lit last. Our Biology class has 4 people in it :eek:
Original post by adi19956
I had a whole day with zero lessons :confused: what was the point?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Induction?
Reply 2482
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Induction?

No, my school's just strange. I'm in year 13. My school has a secondary school and a sixth form and some of the year 13s get given prefectship over some of the young tutor groups. I got that so spent half the day with them. The other half was spent sitting around, pointless.

No, my school's just strange. I'm in year 13. My school has a secondary school and a sixth form and some of the year 13s get given prefectship over some of the young tutor groups. I got that so spent half the day with them. The other half was spent sitting around, pointless.

Aaah, that is a waste of time!
scraped 100ums on C3 June 2013 like a boss, now my evidence folder cannot be denied for otherwise the school is ignorant
Reply 2485
Original post by Robbie242
scraped 100ums on C3 June 2013 like a boss, now my evidence folder cannot be denied for otherwise the school is ignorant

For what? A prediction?

For what? A prediction?

Prediction for FM, + Entering me for AFM, + letting me do my own work in class
Reply 2487
Prediction for FM, + Entering me for AFM, + letting me do my own work in class

Oh right. I'm hoping my over 90% in AS maths plus doing C3 and half of C4 over the summer will mean I can do my own further maths AS work in class and an A* prediction :smile:

Oh right. I'm hoping my over 90% in AS maths plus doing C3 and half of C4 over the summer will mean I can do my own further maths AS work in class and an A* prediction :smile:

Hmm didn't you already do AS maths :P?. I did the same but I completed C4 pretty much - everything is going to plan, gonna start S3 tomorrow. Same here, no point re-learning C3 and C4 when I could dedicate more time to the further pure units
Hmm didn't you already do AS maths :P?. I did the same but I completed C4 pretty much - everything is going to plan, gonna start S3 tomorrow. Same here, no point re-learning C3 and C4 when I could dedicate more time to the further pure units

Which unis are you applying to now? :colone:
Original post by Endless Blue
Which unis are you applying to now? :colone:

Pretty much the same I thought of before bar there's no longer a Vs system it's now just Cambridge, Warwick, Durham, Bristol and Bath
Reply 2491

Yeah I did, but I haven't done further AS. To be honest I didn't like maths until half way through last year, it was just a tool. I think it's because we never get given why things work only that they do, but after looking stuff up I find it far more interesting.
I was going to finish C4, but after I got my results I decided to use the summer holidays to have a holiday :tongue:
I think I can just go so much faster than my class (it had 2 Us and a D in it in AS, luckily the Us have left). If I think I can work fast enough doing further AS work I might consider doing full A2 further maths, but I'm nervous about burning out and giving up or crumpling under the pressure in the summer especially seeing as I'm retaking some units from other subjects.
Do you know when the deadline for applying for units is? Is it this term or still after January? My school's resit application deadline is in October for some reason

Pretty much the same I thought of before bar there's no longer a Vs system it's now just Cambridge, Warwick, Durham, Bristol and Bath

Nice.

? (Bolded.)
Nice.

? (Bolded.)

Ah sorry I didn't explain. I used to have Bristol vs Nottingham and Bath vs Exeter but I've decided not to apply to notts and exeter

Yeah I did, but I haven't done further AS. To be honest I didn't like maths until half way through last year, it was just a tool. I think it's because we never get given why things work only that they do, but after looking stuff up I find it far more interesting.
I was going to finish C4, but after I got my results I decided to use the summer holidays to have a holiday :tongue:
I think I can just go so much faster than my class (it had 2 Us and a D in it in AS, luckily the Us have left). If I think I can work fast enough doing further AS work I might consider doing full A2 further maths, but I'm nervous about burning out and giving up or crumpling under the pressure in the summer especially seeing as I'm retaking some units from other subjects.
Do you know when the deadline for applying for units is? Is it this term or still after January? My school's resit application deadline is in October for some reason

Ah I didn't like maths until the start of this year so there are some late starters. Fair enough haha, I should have probably done a bit more relaxing but I feel more relaxed with less work over time. Same here! no offense but the way the teachers teach and the amount of breaks between lessons slows down stuff so much. Ah fair enough its worth considering though if u really enojy maths!
Umm It's gotta be around March surely? since exams are only June 2014. and Hmm that's for resits but actual exams can be much later from what I see
My PS first draft is 16 characters over the limit according to MS Word :sigh: FFS.
My PS first draft is 16 characters over the limit according to MS Word :sigh: FFS.

Hey Blue, was it u that started a couple days ago working on the PS?
Original post by keromedic
Hey Blue, was it u that started a couple days ago working on the PS?

Nah, I've been working on it in the last few days but started a couple of weeks ago. Wbu?
Original post by Paparazzo
Have an almost empty timetable (including two days with no lessons at all), yet we're not allowed study leave this year so must be present in school regardless. :frown:

Today I had two frees then double Biology, then English Lit last. Our Biology class has 4 people in it :eek:

Hahaha trust me, my Eng Lit class has two of us in and the other girl might be dropping, I dont wanna be alone :frown:
To do chemistry or further maths for A2? Hate making decisions :mad:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2499
Original post by Parkleton
Hahaha trust me, my Eng Lit class has two of us in and the other girl might be dropping, I dont wanna be alone :frown:

Think on the brighter side.... Private schools get praised for their high grades due to the low teacher:students ratio.... With 1:2, it looks like your going to receive top noch education in that subject!!! (Unless the teacher is awful, in which case it will be hell :biggrin:)