The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Roy Jenkins Hall 2013/2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by AinsleyBea
guys, Im thinking a party/drink-up/get together/ whatever you want to call it when we're all there. As we're living together and its a tiny hall, might as well know who eachother are. What do you think?

Yes, this sounds nice :smile:. Also, is anyone here going to go to Freshers? Are you buying the wristband?
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by Megan-
Yes, this sounds nice :smile:. Also, is anyone here going to go to Freshers? Are you buying the wristband?

Yeah I've got a wristband for the freshers events!!
Reply 22
Awesome!!! Sounds like a plan. Im Bringing my xBox so if anyones got guitar hero or anything? Or any DVDs? Not sure about the bedsit situation. It would be a bit awkward with married couples. I'll check and let you guys know.

Remember reading something about people not being able to get xbox live to work in halls, might want to look into that if you were thinking of using it, I might be wrong though. Thanks for that link, feeling slightly better about the couples since they're separate...

Original post by Megan-

Trying to get myself a SU wristband, not sure if there are any left though and I think all the week 2 wristbands are already sold out.
Reply 23
Original post by bonnax
Remember reading something about people not being able to get xbox live to work in halls, might want to look into that if you were thinking of using it, I might be wrong though.

Oh crap. I WILL make it work.
Reply 24
Awesome!!! Sounds like a plan. Im Bringing my xBox so if anyones got guitar hero or anything? Or any DVDs? Not sure about the bedsit situation. It would be a bit awkward with married couples. I'll check and let you guys know.

oh come on. we are people too :smile:

will be in one on the couple flats btw . Nice to meet you guys

we will probably bring our ps3 too...
Reply 25
Original post by bakemono
oh come on. we are people too :smile:

will be in one on the couple flats btw . Nice to meet you guys

we will probably bring our ps3 too...

Didnt mean any offence, honest to god. Cool. Nice to meet you too.
Reply 26
What time is everyone planning on arriving? I was originally thinking the evening of the 21st but it seems lots of people are coming earlier...

Original post by DanLeader
Yeah I've got a wristband for the freshers events!!

Which wristband did you get? The SU one or the one off fatsoma? Anyone else got any wristbands?
Reply 27
Original post by bonnax
What time is everyone planning on arriving? I was originally thinking the evening of the 21st but it seems lots of people are coming earlier...

Which wristband did you get? The SU one or the one off fatsoma? Anyone else got any wristbands?

I've got the SU one, all inclusive!!
Reply 28
Original post by DanLeader
I've got the SU one, all inclusive!!

Ah cool, same! Just bought mine.
Reply 29
Original post by bonnax

I thought we had to get there by 5pm on the 18th? Or they gave our room away? Not sure, though. I don't think I'm going to get a wristband
Reply 30
Original post by Megan-
I thought we had to get there by 5pm on the 18th? Or they gave our room away? Not sure, though. I don't think I'm going to get a wristband

This is what I found from my accommodation agreement:

If your Residences Agreement starts on Wednesday 18 September:

When should I collect my key?
10am to 5pm Wednesday 18 September to Saturday 21 September
9.30am to 1pm Sunday 22 September
Saturday and Sunday is expected to be extremely busy, therefore we strongly recommend that you collect your keys
and move in to your residences during the weekdays.
Where should I go to collect my key?
Residences Reception at Cartwright Court, please see map and directions overleaf.
Please print a copy of your online Residences Agreement and bring this with you.
All keys must be collected by 1pm on Sunday 22 September 2013, otherwise your allocated residence will be
withdrawn and the room offered to another student.

I highly doubt it would be any different for you, but I suppose it might be.
Reply 31
Said I wasn't sure. Thanks. I might go on one of the other days now. Ah, options :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 32
Personally I'm off on the 18th, why wait? :wink:
Reply 33
I'm Ground Floor, Flat 2, Room 3:smile: Journalism, Media and Cultural Studies!
Reply 34
Ive got both of the wristbands and I'm turning up on the 19th. Still trying to figure out how to move my stuff by train...
Ive got both of the wristbands and I'm turning up on the 19th. Still trying to figure out how to move my stuff by train...

Where do you get the wrist bands from :O i haven't got a clue :/
Reply 36
Original post by someguyusingthis
Where do you get the wrist bands from :O i haven't got a clue :/

There's two you can get, the student union one (http://www.cardiffstudents.com/ents/event/912/) or another one that works for some of the nights being held at different clubs in Cardiff (http://www.fatsoma.com/events/92055/?r=1681920552). There aren't any week 2 ones left which is a shame, but hopefully they'll have a second batch of them like they did with the week 1 bands.

What're you guys bringing in terms of things for the kitchen? Plus does anyone know what's provided for us? All i saw was a microwave in the photo on the accommodation website. It would be a bit pointless to have 5 toasters, 5 kettles etc in each flat's kitchen...
Original post by bonnax
There's two you can get, the student union one (http://www.cardiffstudents.com/ents/event/912/) or another one that works for some of the nights being held at different clubs in Cardiff (http://www.fatsoma.com/events/92055/?r=1681920552). There aren't any week 2 ones left which is a shame, but hopefully they'll have a second batch of them like they did with the week 1 bands.

What're you guys bringing in terms of things for the kitchen? Plus does anyone know what's provided for us? All i saw was a microwave in the photo on the accommodation website. It would be a bit pointless to have 5 toasters, 5 kettles etc in each flat's kitchen...

aha! thank you so much! I think the student union one is the option for me, I'm bringing a frying pan maybe 2 bowls, 1 plate, fork knife and a spoon I think :s-smilie:......
Reply 38
Original post by someguyusingthis
aha! thank you so much! I think the student union one is the option for me, I'm bringing a frying pan maybe 2 bowls, 1 plate, fork knife and a spoon I think :s-smilie:......

Im getting all of mine in Cardiff... Might get some odd looks at Paddington walking around with a frying pan slung over my shoulder. But hey, I suppose I could always say I'm Samwise Gamgee from Lord if the Rings...:s-smilie:
Reply 39
Haven't got any freshers wristbands at all, wasn't sure it was worth it but now I'm starting to panic cause I'm moving tomorrow o.o Am I going to be the only one?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending