The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster Uni: Official Students 13/14!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by katie55
I'm doing Marketing Management and in Grizedale. So is yours a 4 year degree or are you just doing the Masters?

Yeah i'm doing 4 years straight off
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 541
Original post by Prendah
Hm, is buying a purple card worth it? Does it actually get used?

I think so because some societies seem to actually require you to have one but I think if you buy them on freshers week at Lancaster you can get them cheaper.
Reply 542
Original post by tiffanycallysta
does anyone know where i can get a good second-hand bicycle in lancaster? and does the university have those bicycle parking spaces and the locks? :biggrin:

The university sell second hand recycled bikes, Green Lancaster I think!
Can anyone log on to the iLancaster app with their new username and password? It says I can't access it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 544
Original post by laurenlcollier
Can anyone log on to the iLancaster app with their new username and password? It says I can't access it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep, works for me.
Original post by Torihalex
The university sell second hand recycled bikes, Green Lancaster I think!

oh my ! do you know how I can get a hold of one of those? :smile:
Reply 546
Original post by gingerandice
oh my ! do you know how I can get a hold of one of those? :smile:

I think they might be promoting themselves at Freshers Fair/ have a stall in Alexandra Square? You might want to see if they have a Facebook page or look online - Green Lancaster, or try and find out via the cycling society.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 547
Original post by belle11
Yeah definitely going to paint my room with UV paint :wink: I was thinking about it, but I don't know what I'd actually get. I've been looking, but you know what it's like when you're looking for something- you can't actually find anything!

Uv paint... that's actually pretty brilliant! :tongue: Yeah, i know what you mean, technically i got my posters months ago after seeing them here and there, but never put them in my room. Hmm, well what kind of stuff would you like to put up?

Original post by katie55
I could draw wearing sunglasses and blindfold them, makes it much better :P

awwww a little chess geek :smile: I'm really rubbish at chess but I do love monopoly so if my flat are nice we might be able to buy monopoly and play :P

It does sound quite an interesting society I may go along :smile:
It was actually really good it's amazing how much they actually made for the films and how much details is in everything, if you ever go get the audio head set you learn so much more.

That's probably the best way to go, short of just faking an illness and skipping out on that day :tongue:

I completely regret telling you about that now! Hmm, I'm probably pretty bad at both since i haven't played either in a while. Surely monopoly isn't the best choice? Do you really want to cause fights right from the off?! Scrabble is where the party is at :lol:

Hmmm, i'd have to rope someone into coming with me first, and that's probably the hardest part with my harry potter hating friends and family :frown:
Reply 548
Original post by joshhodgson
just paid my deposit on a townhouse at County! I'm looking forward to it!

Just scrolling down this thread, I'm also in a County townhouse :smile:
Original post by Astonix
Each year you have to study 120 credits worth of modules.Your main course wont make up 120 credits on its own, so you pick up modules either from other modules on your main course, or from a different course altogether to make up the difference.

You can't pick these modules until the 16th though and you can even do it in your first week at Uni I think.

If you log on to the website where you pre-registered, you should be able to see the compulsory modules that you're already enrolled on and how many credits they make up.

thank you so much! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: lol i was so confused
but about the compulsory modules i can't see them at all in the preregistration website :frown:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 550
Do we have to pay for a ticket for freshers? Also does anyone know what fylde are planning to do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 551
thank you so much! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: lol i was so confused
but about the compulsory modules i can't see them at all in the preregistration website :frown:

Try going to this link, https://mylusi.lancs.ac.uk/studentinfo/

Click on "Course Module Pre-Enrolment" and then "Current Module Enrolments"

:smile:
Original post by Astonix
Try going to this link, https://mylusi.lancs.ac.uk/studentinfo/

Click on "Course Module Pre-Enrolment" and then "Current Module Enrolments"

:smile:

OHHHHH i get it now :colondollar:
so i need 40 more credits. how do i know what module i can take?
:colondollar: sorry i'm such a noob
Reply 553

http://www.lusi.lancs.ac.uk/OnlineCoursesHandbook/ProgrammesOfStudy/Default.aspx
Have a look here.
Reply 554

That part I'm not too sure on but it'll probably be explained to us at some point, hopefully :redface:
Original post by Astonix
That part I'm not too sure on but it'll probably be explained to us at some point, hopefully :redface:

lol okay :biggrin: thank you!!!
Reply 556
Hello! If I can ask, about the modules and everything, I'm studying Theatre and English Literature. I need another module, and I really want to do Creative Writing, but it doesn't seem to be a course on it's own. Does anyone know if I'll still be able to study it as my third option? I really, really hope so!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 557
Original post by Loketoki
Hello! If I can ask, about the modules and everything, I'm studying Theatre and English Literature. I need another module, and I really want to do Creative Writing, but it doesn't seem to be a course on it's own. Does anyone know if I'll still be able to study it as my third option? I really, really hope so!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey! I'm theatre too, but what I understand is your major will have a set number of modules (one or two) and your minor is one. Creative writing is a minor, but is not offered as a major (course on it's own). You should be able to do it, but obviously the options don't open until mid September, so at that point you can apply for it! Hope that helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 558
Original post by Shudson
Do we have to pay for a ticket for freshers? Also does anyone know what fylde are planning to do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fylde Facebook freshers say that they're going to start posting stuff next week. Big night out is the 1st October for Fylde though, with 2/3 of the other colleges

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 559
Original post by Orthrus
Uv paint... that's actually pretty brilliant! :tongue: Yeah, i know what you mean, technically i got my posters months ago after seeing them here and there, but never put them in my room. Hmm, well what kind of stuff would you like to put up?

Most of the bits I have in my room at the moment are disgusting/embarrassing photos of my friends and I... I've got some movie/ book quotes as well, but to say they've seen better days is a small understatement! You're just too prepared!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending