The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4100
Original post by a123a
Change of heart,

can you please change ocr history to ocr A physics. Did not like history. :s-smilie:

no problem :h: I have done :smile:

Original post by Georgiecat
It turns out I'm actually on Edexcel for Chemistry, not AQA like I originally thought I was. :colondollar: Could you switch that for me please?

Done :h:

Original post by Molly_xox
Hey :smile: sorry to be a pain but could you swap me from Philosophy and Ethics to OCR Maths please?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not to worry I've had to change my own exam boards and stuff :lol:
Reply 4101
Original post by Tibbz2
I've decided on a similar system, I can't be arsed with trecking a tonne of stuff around all day

Haha, that's the main reason I'm using the five folder plan. :tongue:
Reply 4102
Original post by Dalek1099
From the sound of my teachers I doubt they'd like that and you get through an incredible amount of work at A-Level that they would want you to keep together-I have a massive folder full of paper for Geography and my teacher said we'd get through that by Christmas.Then we need to get another folder to use for after Christmas.

I'm going to empty the wallets each day when I get home. The folder I take to college is primarily to keep loose sheets in. :smile:
Reply 4103
Original post by pathosL
me too, i'm still undecided whether or not to do it really :eek:

Me as well, i'll be sitting in first like 5 lessons or so and just seeing how it goes really ... But now i only have 1 free lesson a week :frown: ..if i don't do further, i have 4 :/
Original post by peaaceandl0ve
Oh wow, I don’t think I’d like having lessons that short really! It wouldn’t be very good for PE, and with other lessons when you’re trying to do a past paper you’d have to shop halfway through :tongue: I have five hour-long lessons per day, I like it because you have long enough to go into a good depth of a topic.

Most of the time we have the same subject for two lessons in a row so it's like having hour long lessons. I only like having single lessons in subjects I don't like 'cause they go so quickly, but I don't have any subjects I dislike anymore :tongue:
Reply 4105
Original post by techno836
Me as well, i'll be sitting in first like 5 lessons or so and just seeing how it goes really ... But now i only have 1 free lesson a week :frown: ..if i don't do further, i have 4 :/

yeah I might do that too actually, and tbh i rather do 4 and get really high UMS than 5 and get average UMS :s-smilie: and also have more time to do some voluntary work and stuffs
For those of you studying AQA Geography AS:

What topics are you studying?(Did you cover them at GCSE?)
I am studying Rivers,Population,Coasts and Energy and of course Geographical Skills.I studied Coasts in Unit 1 at GCSE and got 100% UMS and I studied Energy as part of my coursework and I got 100% raw marks for the topic but I only got an A at Geography GCSE.I didn't study Rivers and Population at GCSE.

Where are you going on your fieldtrip?
I am going to the Blencathra Field Studies Centre in the Lake District and apparently the top floor is haunted and the building use to be used as a hospital for tuberculosis sufferers I think.The total cost of the trip last year was £98, with students having to pay half of it-I wonder if it goes up due to inflation next year.I'm going in the February Half Term though so that means I will miss out on a week off in February, which isn't ideal but is necessary so it doesn't interfere with my other subjects.
Original post by Lucas.
Haha, that's the main reason I'm using the five folder plan. :tongue:

And now the 2 subjects a day doesn't look strange haha:biggrin:
Today I found out that whilst I'm doing Further Maths and still have to do PE, the other Further Maths class don't! How unfair?! Other than that I had a really good day. My maths teacher seems nice (and she said we can bring cake to our before school lesson on Mondays :biggrin:) Chem was a bit boring but I really liked Physics, even though we got homework :frown:. The work doesn't seem too hard and is mainly just following on from GCSE. But I don't know how long that'll last for!
Original post by SophieB1997
Most of the time we have the same subject for two lessons in a row so it's like having hour long lessons. I only like having single lessons in subjects I don't like 'cause they go so quickly, but I don't have any subjects I dislike anymore :tongue:

My Maths teacher told my class that we have got a 3 hour 15mins Maths lesson every week along with a 2 hour Maths lesson and I am pretty sure Further Maths is on the same day-Thats going to be a mathsfest, which I shouldn't be surprised by considering half my subjects are Maths:colondollar:

I get my timetable tomorrow so I will know when all my lessons are and when tutorial is and what room it is in.I was planning to have a lie in tomorrow and collect my timetable tomorrow but I need to go in to type up my illegible Geography Homework-I don't understand why teachers can't read my work because the examiners were fine with it for my exams.How can you get an A* in English if your writing is illegible:confused:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4110
Original post by pathosL
yeah I might do that too actually, and tbh i rather do 4 and get really high UMS than 5 and get average UMS :s-smilie: and also have more time to do some voluntary work and stuffs

Yeah i know what you mean, that and i may have to put more effort into physics, as my first lesson was rather horrible, although i may just be a bit rusty :colondollar:
Reply 4111
Yeah i know what you mean, that and i may have to put more effort into physics, as my first lesson was rather horrible, although i may just be a bit rusty :colondollar:

i have physics and chemistry tomorrow, what did you guys do? the first thing from the book?
Original post by Lucas.
I'm going to empty the wallets each day when I get home. The folder I take to college is primarily to keep loose sheets in. :smile:

You do know that your teacher will go round marking it to see how you are progressing:confused:Unless that's just my College because if I look on the Handbook it says that Files will be checked on these weeks etc:confused:
My Maths teacher told my class that we have got a 3 hour 15mins Maths lesson every week along with a 2 hour Maths lesson and I am pretty sure Further Maths is on the same day-Thats going to be a mathsfest, which I shouldn't be surprised by considering half my subjects are Maths:colondollar:

That's a lot of Maths! I have at least 6 hours a week of Maths (including Further) but I could have more as I've only had one of my teachers so far and when I have the others they might organise more lessons before or after school. I love Maths but a lesson at 8.15 on a Monday morning does not sound very appealing.
Reply 4114
Original post by pathosL
i have physics and chemistry tomorrow, what did you guys do? the first thing from the book?

no as we are doing the mechanics exam after Christmas and our OCR A textbooks haven't come yet, so we did a lesson on S I units, standard form and percentage errors and uncertainties :biggrin:

chemistry i have two teachers one teaching module 1 the other doing module 2 i've had both teachers and in one lesson we went over maths stuff and equation regarding mols .. n= m/Mr

and in the other we did orbitals which sadly a few of my class found confusing :facepalm:
Reply 4115
You do know that your teacher will go round marking it to see how you are progressing:confused:Unless that's just my College because if I look on the Handbook it says that Files will be checked on these weeks etc:confused:

But I have books that I'm going to take in every day...? I'm not really sure what you're trying to say, sorry, haha.
Original post by Tibbz2
Really? Ours was chaos from day one :tongue: I can't see sixth form being any different, most people have stopped on, should be more of a laugh though I guess.

I wouldn't call someone off that show a celebrity exactly :biggrin:

The behavior in my Secondary School was outrageous most of the time-lots of times heads of years, important people had to come in and have a shout at us.

My Geography teacher had been completely run down by the fact he was getting interrupted every 5 minutes-you couldn't really get much worse.

I certainly feel I could have done a lot better in Geography if the class had behaved and another persons parents complained.

However, the behavior has been exceptional at College and I don't understand it and I have had troublemakers in my classes at College but they have behaved, which is extremely unusual for them.
Reply 4117
no as we are doing the mechanics exam after Christmas and our OCR A textbooks haven't come yet, so we did a lesson on S I units, standard form and percentage errors and uncertainties :biggrin:

chemistry i have two teachers one teaching module 1 the other doing module 2 i've had both teachers and in one lesson we went over maths stuff and equation regarding mols .. n= m/Mr

and in the other we did orbitals which sadly a few of my class found confusing :facepalm:

oh that's cool, i'm on OCR A too and my school is making us buy our own textbooks, and like 2 ringbinders per subject for some reason :angry:
Reply 4118
Original post by Red Fox
And now the 2 subjects a day doesn't look strange haha:biggrin:

Hahahah, touché. :wink:
Original post by Lucas.
But I have books that I'm going to take in every day...? I'm not really sure what you're trying to say, sorry, haha.

Do you mean exercise books:confused:I understand now but will you be buying and bringing in revision books to revise from alongside your books and paper:confused:

Latest