The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Boo, thank you for your little support messages they made me feel less lonely sat waiting in the waiting room:smile:

Went to doctors, scariest thing (even though I've gone before when I was younger) he said I have anxiety and depression and prescribed me with Prozac and I have to see him again in two weeks, I've told a few of my college friends and my boyfriend and they're understanding and my parents are doing a BBQ tonight (they hate bbqs) so hopefully things are starting to look up, anyone else on similar medication?

Hope everyone's well, take care :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IDukem
It has :smile:

Could be better, I dislike people in general. Hey now it's all right :h: I'm sorry to hear that! I hope things are okay for you right now though!! It's gone all right how about you?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not feeling too good, not that it matters.

:hugs: I miss PM'ing you! But at the rate I get access to here you'll need to wait like a full week before any reply from me :redface: things are still the same really :/ well considering my holidays were ruined by being back here.. Not too good haha :tongue:

Original post by PonchoKid

everythings just out to test me atm i think :frown: but im trying

but your still going and trying to get better which is a massive bonus :smile:
:hugs:

:hugs: if things are out to test you.. Then beat them and ace the test :wink:. Keep on trying hun you'll get through this :smile:

I miss talking to you and everyone else on here :frown:

-------

Could do with talking to someone but I can't :frown:. Wish I just had a computer to get access to the net. Basically being cut off from the outside world which I really hate! :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 08batee
seriously seriously don't know what to do. keep finding stuff out I really don't want to find out and its making things seem even more desperate and out of control. really don't feel safe but brain isn't functioning properly so its hard to like form words and stuff but I just cant and its so painful again

:hugs: I don't know exactly what your situation is, but I really hope you feel better soon and sort things out.

Original post by Anonymous
Ooh, a new initiative has been started to make it easier for young people to discuss mental health difficulties with their GP - it's an interactive website, and although I haven't had much of a look, I reckon it could be a very useful resource for a lot of people here. It's called Doc Ready, and their website is here: http://www.docready.org/static/client/index.html#/home/

That website looks great - might be worth asking a mod to edit it into the OP of the thread?

Dunno pretty sure im a **** person for mot forgetting stupid horrible remarks like that.
Even lied to my dr again :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're awesome, just like the rest of us (who may or may not have lied to our GPs too before :ninja:)

Original post by Sabertooth
If you need someone to proof read it then send it over, for some odd reason I'm actually pretty good at picking up mistakes. :confused:

(I had a lot of practice reading and re-reading my wife's 200 page dissertation).

Thanks - when I consider it worth reading at all I'll send it over.

Original post by sunfowers01
Stressed and panicking about everything i have to do

:console: Hope things get easier soon.

Lazuliblue
:lazy:

Thought you might like to see my three running about:

Original post by laurenatlantic
Boo, thank you for your little support messages they made me feel less lonely sat waiting in the waiting room:smile:

Went to doctors, scariest thing (even though I've gone before when I was younger) he said I have anxiety and depression and prescribed me with Prozac and I have to see him again in two weeks, I've told a few of my college friends and my boyfriend and they're understanding and my parents are doing a BBQ tonight (they hate bbqs) so hopefully things are starting to look up, anyone else on similar medication?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done on seeing a doctor and telling other people too - sounds like it's all gone as well as can be expected. :yy:

I've not been on prozac myself, but from what I hear about it it's definitely worth a go. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It sounds like it went well, and hopefully now you can see some improvement. :smile: Well done for going. :smile:

Original post by superwolf
That website looks great - might be worth asking a mod to edit it into the OP of the thread?

Good idea. Have asked in Ask a H&R mod...
You're awesome, just like the rest of us (who may or may not have lied to our GPs too before :ninja:)

:nah: deffinately not :tongue:
i just feel crap because i said everything was going ok, when blatently its not :dontknow:
:nah: deffinately not :tongue:
i just feel crap because i said everything was going ok, when blatently its not :dontknow:

Well we'll agree to disagree. :tongue:

That's not great but it's fixable, and I hope you manage to go back and be more honest so you get some help. :smile:
Well we'll agree to disagree. :tongue:

That's not great but it's fixable, and I hope you manage to go back and be more honest so you get some help. :smile:

yep, we can agree that your awesome though yes :yep: :smile:

i was honest last time, but i just freaked out yesterday, i may just leave it until i sort out where im going to be living, then start at the new drs fresh :smile:
Having massive panics about life choices and i dont want that :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I managed to function as a human being enough to go to band practice. :woo: Hopefully this means I'll be okay for tomorrow- two appointments then a music lesson then my new volunteering. Haven't coped with a full days worth of activity in quite a while and dont really want to go into meltdown mode halfway through. :erm: Am probably taking on too much at once if I'm honest but I'll give it a go and see. :s-smilie:
Having massive panics about life choices and i dont want that :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:jumphug:

Do you have to make the decisions now? :frown:
Original post by tasha96
I managed to function as a human being enough to go to band practice. :woo: Hopefully this means I'll be okay for tomorrow- two appointments then a music lesson then my new volunteering. Haven't coped with a full days worth of activity in quite a while and dont really want to go into meltdown mode halfway through. :erm: Am probably taking on too much at once if I'm honest but I'll give it a go and see. :s-smilie:

Do you have to make the decisions now? :frown:

So proud of you hun! And you can do tomorrow aswell :smile:

Not right now but yeah. My past is just holding me back and scaring me ****less :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile
So proud of you hun! And you can do tomorrow aswell :smile:

Not right now but yeah. My past is just holding me back and scaring me ****less :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! :hugs: I'm just really really scared about it all. :cry2: And I know I wont sleep for worrying about it and then everyhing will be even worse because of the sleep deprivation. :frown:
Oh no. :frown: Have everything crossed for you lovely. :hugs: Can you decide another time? :hugs:
Original post by tasha96
Thanks! :hugs: I'm just really really scared about it all. :cry2: And I know I wont sleep for worrying about it and then everyhing will be even worse because of the sleep deprivation. :frown:
Oh no. :frown: Have everything crossed for you lovely. :hugs: Can you decide another time? :hugs:

Sometimes i find a full busy can be good every so often as it means less time to think.
Can you have a hot milky drink to relax you?

Its something i WANT to do because ill be happy. But at the same time im terrified of doing it incase it goes wrong and makes my life fall apart :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
I feel fat and I scaratched my face now it's bleeding and my friend got really drunk and difficult and i'm all confused and annoyed.

Sorry. Felt like venting

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kindred
I feel fat and I scaratched my face now it's bleeding and my friend got really drunk and difficult and i'm all confused and annoyed.

Sorry. Felt like venting

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs:

Hope your ok and safe hun

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tasha96

Woo that's great you managed today. A whole day of activity tomorrow sounds scary but hopefully you can pull it off. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I started Prozac exactly 3 weeks ago this Friday - its my 7th antidepressant... Not sure if its for me but we'll persevere and see how it goes on different doses. For the first few days I was really depressed, then hyper (practically bouncing off the walls) now I'm back depressed - worse than its been for a while. I am due to see my GP next Thursday though, I'm there every two weeks! I se him that often that when i was due to see him last Thursday, he shouted me from his car window and told me he had an emergency visit and he wouldn't be too long - he's the best GP I've had for depression.

Well done for the BBQ! Things will start looking up :smile:

Its been more and more difficult for me. What with all the different medications and several dose of each with little, no effect or worsened effect... My anxiety/depression is that much that im unable to leave the house on my own, even in familiar places I have to have either my parents or older brother with me. I haven't seen any of my friends since around the time I was diagnosed (March 2012 but was ill before that), but I keep being told I will get better. Its difficult to see, even at the beginning of the road but admittedly I'm starting to loose faith.

Hope things get better for you soon :smile:
Sometimes i find a full busy can be good every so often as it means less time to think.
Can you have a hot milky drink to relax you?

Its something i WANT to do because ill be happy. But at the same time im terrified of doing it incase it goes wrong and makes my life fall apart :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're definitely right about having less time to think when you're busy. :sadnod: The only thing is, I'm not really managing much without bursting into tears at the moment. :s-smilie: I'm at the stage where even brushing my teeth this morning was totally overwhelming. :frown:
Dont let the fear hold you back! :hugs: NOTHING is unfixable, there will always be a way back if you need it. :smile: Can you sleep on it and decide tomorrow? :hugs:

Original post by Kindred

Sorry. Felt like venting

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really hope you're okay.

Original post by Sabertooth
Woo that's great you managed today. A whole day of activity tomorrow sounds scary but hopefully you can pull it off. Good luck!

Thank you! :hugs: I'm so nervous. :colondollar:
Original post by DitsySoph
I had CBT in December/January this year, but my therapist wasn't the most reliable with keeping her appointments. For once I was determined to go, and she was the one who was cancelling on me. I only ended up having 2 appointments out of 6. Having saying that, I don't think its widely available in our area and I'd been on the waiting list for around a year. A few weeks ago I begun my second batch of CBT with a different therapist but at a higher and longer intensity - after 6 weeks she felt it wasn't doing anything for my depression, so instead of going on the waiting list for a different therapy, or more appointments, we're having a shot at the anxiety so she's not leaving me in a ditch.

Moved here so we're not taking over that other guy's thread! :tongue:

Depression and anxiety often go hand in hand so I think it's a good idea to treat the anxiety if you can. I know when I was depressed the anxiety made things a lot worse and I'm still struggling with that now. A good psychologist can really help with anxiety if you're prepared to work at it, so good luck with this new therapist, I hope they help you. It's worth bearing in mind that some depression appears to be purely chemical and no amount of changing thinking helps when it's the chemicals that are wrong - I know you said you tried 7 antidepressants already but like I already said I tried more and still finally lucked upon the right one so I wouldn't give that up yet. Something that might be worth considering is asking if you can try abilify (aripiprazole) I know it's an antipsychotic but it's often used to treat depression too so if you've only tried antidepressants so far it might be worth a shot to try something different. I think superwolf is on it if you had any questions (I've taken it too but got awful insomnia).

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm on that. :smile: Made me feel really queasy for a couple of weeks but that wore off. :yep: Don't feel it's done anything for me so far but I'm still on quite a low dosage while they sort out my other medication (they dont want to change both at the same time). Hope it works for you! :hugs:
Original post by tasha96
You're definitely right about having less time to think when you're busy. :sadnod: The only thing is, I'm not really managing much without bursting into tears at the moment. :s-smilie: I'm at the stage where even brushing my teeth this morning was totally overwhelming. :frown:
Dont let the fear hold you back! :hugs: NOTHING is unfixable, there will always be a way back if you need it. :smile: Can you sleep on it and decide tomorrow? :hugs:

Really hope you're okay.

Thank you! :hugs: I'm so nervous. :colondollar:

Is there a chance you can do things in steps and if things DO get to much you can have a rest or something?

If only i could sleep. Third night in a row now :frown: but i know as soon as my boyfriend wakes up and texts me ill fall asleep straight away :/ its like i need to know hes there and ok if i need him when im asleep :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest