The Student Room Group
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

Brunel Freshers 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Trinitybabe
same for me, total struggle...i emailed the student union for the tickets and they referred me to the university itself...i can't access the timetable either and i know some can, so i must be doing something wrong, tell me, WHAT S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE NETWORK PASSWORD AND THE ONE YOU PUT WITH THE PORTAL EVISION....i don't even remember having set a network password...I can enter evision no probs, but when it comes to timetables, i put my student ID and the only password i use for evision..and it doesn't work.....anyone can help?:confused::smile:

Hi there,
I have managed to log into Brunelstudents.com and get my tickets so if i tell you what I did then hopefully that might help?
Right, so when we started we got a username of numbers and a password to get onto the E-vision. Then once you complete the E-registration you are emailed a new username to get onto the Brunel Blackboard and Network (where you will find timetables and course stuff) and you use that username for the Brunel students (make sure when logging in that you click on student log in (I didn't realise we had to do that at first! oops!)
Also, on the Evision there is an option to change the password for your Network username.

As far as i know, for the Evision your username is like 1234567 and your network username is like me11ikb.

Right, I'm hoping this might help a little bit? I'm sorry if I just confused you more!
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
Original post by ChemistryChic
Do you have a login with letters yet? Such as me13jts ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Never mind, I can login now !!!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Kid Wave
Yeahh, I've decided to live at home, figured it would work out better for my situation, don't worry you'll still be able to have fun lol

lets hope so lol, btw what are you studying?
Which event/s are you going to? What happens if you can't make it to few of the events, for example the late ones at night because I'll living at home and won't be able to come at late events, such as the Monday 16 September 2013, 10pm - 2am in The Academy.
Attachment not found
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 144
Is anyone doing computer science.. I seem to be the only doing it lol. If you're also in the same boat get at me bro/sis!
Original post by YayaToure
Is anyone doing computer science.. I seem to be the only doing it lol. If you're also in the same boat get at me bro/sis!

I am doing business computing and I think for the first year we will be doing the same modules and for the second - third year we can switch between computer science and business computing.
Reply 146
Multimedia tech and design - Stockwell Hall flat 19 :smile:
Reply 147
Hi everyone :smile: I've just found my reading list (prod design eng) and its huge! What are people doing with reading lists? Are you just reading the essential reads from a library before you get there, then getting the books at the uni? Any help would be really helpful!
Original post by ICBnl
Hi everyone :smile: I've just found my reading list (prod design eng) and its huge! What are people doing with reading lists? Are you just reading the essential reads from a library before you get there, then getting the books at the uni? Any help would be really helpful!

Wait to see what the library have when you get there. They stock a lot of the essential reads.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 149
Original post by ChemistryChic
Wait to see what the library have when you get there. They stock a lot of the essential reads.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, thanks. That would mean no background reading before i start though. What are others doing??!!
Reply 150
Original post by abubakar261
lets hope so lol, btw what are you studying?

I'm studying Maths, what about you?
Reply 151
Civil Engineering!! Living at home though but who says you still cant have fun!
Original post by Kid Wave
I'm studying Maths, what about you?

Business computing
Original post by TheMan10
Civil Engineering!! Living at home though but who says you still cant have fun!

how far do you live from Uni?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by SophieCopley
Hi there,
I have managed to log into Brunelstudents.com and get my tickets so if i tell you what I did then hopefully that might help?
Right, so when we started we got a username of numbers and a password to get onto the E-vision. Then once you complete the E-registration you are emailed a new username to get onto the Brunel Blackboard and Network (where you will find timetables and course stuff) and you use that username for the Brunel students (make sure when logging in that you click on student log in (I didn't realise we had to do that at first! oops!)
Also, on the Evision there is an option to change the password for your Network username.

As far as i know, for the Evision your username is like 1234567 and your network username is like me11ikb.

Right, I'm hoping this might help a little bit? I'm sorry if I just confused you more!

yep yep yep, managed to log in, checked my timetable and got a ticket for wednesday freshbook party, yipee!!!![banana
Original post by Trinitybabe
yep yep yep, managed to log in, checked my timetable and got a ticket for wednesday freshbook party, yipee!!!![banana

Fantastic! See you there!
Reply 156
Really hoping I can get a change of timetable during Freshers haha finishing at 7pm on Tuesday and Wednesday and 6pm on Friday is brutal :frown:
Reply 157
Original post by KirkyLife
Really hoping I can get a change of timetable during Freshers haha finishing at 7pm on Tuesday and Wednesday and 6pm on Friday is brutal :frown:

Yea man I was also expecting a way shorter timetable. I'am going to be going 4 days a week and I finish late almost everyday. Sigh
for my timetable, they are different groups and I don't know which group, I am in. anyone know how i can check?

I am studying business computing
Reply 159
Original post by abubakar261
for my timetable, they are different groups and I don't know which group, I am in. anyone know how i can check?

I am studying business computing

I believe those will be our tutors groups which we will know at Freshers...there's a specific 'Meet the Tutor' event which you must attend if I remember correctly...

I do have a bit of hope from a couple of guys who said their time tables at other Unis were changed during Freshers. Just remember the lecturers have lives too! haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending