The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4140
Looking forward to my first proper day tomorrow. My form teacher is a french teacher, she speaks english but her accent is really strong french but she's lovely :smile: Got Travel & Tourism, 2 hours of my elective - resort rep qualification, Philosophy & ethics & Media :smile: My media teacher is canadian and I had him for english in year 9. I love hearing different accents lol
Original post by Dalek1099
I don't think they do things like reports at my college-I think if you misbehave or don't turn up you get kicked out.A lot of lecturers have made it clear that we have chosen to be here and if we don't have to be here we don't have to be here.

It sounds strange for you to be helping a 2nd/3rd year student- surely any buddy schemes would be done the opposite way around because you don't even know your college yet and is this student resitting GCSE Maths or something?

Our school is a bit stricter.

Ah, no - I live in Northern Ireland, we generally stay in our school (if it's a grammar school) until sixth year, so I know my school fairly well by now :wink:. The 2nd/3rd years here are the equivalent of Years 8 + 9 in England...
Reply 4142
Original post by techno836
hmmm its not a teaching lesson really, its guidance :lol: basically my teacher (who btw is the nicest person in the world and is rather fit :colone: ) said it about guiding you to your future about career choices, university choices, UCAS, CV help, Finances and stuff like that :h: and she is the person we see if we have any troubles :h:

She's also the psychology teacher and i was gonna do psychology ..i may have missed out there :facepalm: :lol:

there's also an edit in the post you quoted :h:

ah we don't have that lol, bad school :mad:
ahhhhh Friday is going to be doomsday i'm sooo scared, because I am going to a new sixth form and I only know two people who went to the induction day event, but i still don't know if they got in and I'm going to look like an idiot if I have no one to talk to. :frown:
Going into school tomorrow to talk about my options and I'm absolutely clueless on what to do.
Haha i know the feeling :lol: but why don't you have a 5 one on Monday ? :confused:

Because the first time I used it was a monday night, and I had to use it for the rest of the week :lol:
Original post by pathosL
i know that feel

Back into a routine it is! :tongue:

In other news, I START COLLEGE IN LIKE 3 HOURS
Not :woo:

I'm so tired :colonhash: although in a weird way it feels nice... :tongue:

I had a dream :frown: and it was perfect. Basically new school with a few old friends as well... It was amazing.
Reply 4147
no problem :h: I have done :smile:

Done :h:

Not to worry I've had to change my own exam boards and stuff :lol:

Thanks a lot! :biggrin:
Reply 4148
Original post by L'Evil Fish

I had a dream :frown: and it was perfect. Basically new school with a few old friends as well... It was amazing.

I have that today :tongue:

New people though.... I don't like new people :frown::tongue:
Reply 4149
Why am I scared? It's not like I start lessons today? I'm going back to my school with all my friends yet I'm still nervous WHAT WHY there's something wrong with me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tibbz2
I have that today :tongue:

New people though.... I don't like new people :frown::tongue:

I'm so alone :rofl: can't see anyone I "befriended" yesterday :colonhash:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Not :woo:

I'm so tired :colonhash: although in a weird way it feels nice... :tongue:

Aw I hate it when you wake up and then that sudden elation disappears...I have three close friends with me...I kinda 'befriended' a couple of others in my tutor group who are doing similar A-levels...but they're all so clever but easy going! It's kinda scary. I MISS MY SCHOOOL.
Original post by MattFletcher
Because the first time I used it was a monday night, and I had to use it for the rest of the week :lol:

Back into a routine it is! :tongue:

In other news, I START COLLEGE IN LIKE 3 HOURS

(Looks at clock and frowns) Same here; 12:30. It's gonna be weird catching a train from school...it's less expensive than the bus though. I miss my 10 minute walk to school! :frown: Though at least today I'll get my timetable and back to routine it is...I've missed that.
Reply 4152
hmmm its not a teaching lesson really, its guidance :lol: basically my teacher (who btw is the nicest person in the world and is rather fit :colone: ) said it about guiding you to your future about career choices, university choices, UCAS, CV help, Finances and stuff like that :h: and she is the person we see if we have any troubles :h:

She's also the psychology teacher and i was gonna do psychology ..i may have missed out there :facepalm: :lol:

there's also an edit in the post you quoted :h:

10/10 I laughed. That face just makes that clause so much funnier. :laugh:
Original post by SophF_rth
hello, i took some days off TSR as been busy. I had my enrolement today though! We had to fill in a form with personal details, photocopy our results, interview with new form teachers and a questionnaire to find out about any learning difficulties. Induction day is monday, tuesday is first proper day :biggrin:

Have you started your year? If so, how is it going?

Yep, im at the college now in the library.
Today is my third day - so far, really awesome! I think im fitting in really well tbh.
I feel really happy here, much better than my sixth form. Made lots of friends and all my teachers are really nice.
This is an east london college, so im not surprised by the fact that the majority here are asians.

My favourite lesson so far has to be further maths - amazing teacher, small class and i really love maths lol.
Physics is a bit crowded and the teacher is not my ideal one, but i find the subject to be engaging.
French is bigger than i thought it would be, i was expecting there to be 3 or 4 boys. But it turns out to be 10 or so boys.
Maths is normal - good teacher and standard class size.

All the best for your new start!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Infinity_4652
Today is my third day - so far, really awesome! I think im fitting in really well tbh.
I feel really happy here, much better than my sixth form. Made lots of friends and all my teachers are really nice.
This is an east london college, so im not surprised by the fact that the majority here are asians.

My favourite lesson so far has to be further maths - amazing teacher, small class and i really love maths lol.
Physics is a bit crowded and the teacher is not my ideal one, but i find the subject to be engaging.
French is bigger than i thought it would be, i was expecting there to be 3 or 4 boys. But it turns out to be 10 or so boys.

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised either. I'm glad you've made friends though, and settling in well. I've not had the chance yet, Monday have half day with our tutor group though.

That's great about all your classes, how many in your physics class?

Are you feeling everything come back to you from before summer?
techno836
x

I'm doing Edexcel History aswell now. I only get 1 free lesson:frown:
Reply 4156
I got home at five past one, love finishing early.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4157
Original post by Mr.Nor
I got home at five last one, love finishing early.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How did you get on today? :tongue:
Reply 4158
Original post by Lucas.
How did you get on today? :tongue:

I was meant to have film,history,free,film but ending up only having my last lesson of film due to all the other years started back today :tongue: We had a meeting thing first about opportunities and stuff then I ended up having a 2 hour and a half free period :cool: (It got pretty boring though)

And in film I just went over course and analysed an extract from the hurt locker and now I have to think of an idea for my coursework :smile:
Original post by Infinity_4652

What counts as a day though?I have been at the College 5 days now but only 3 of those days I had lessons.I went to find my rooms on Monday and I have been today to redo my Geography Homework and pick up my Timetable.I am still worried about picking up my minibus for Further Maths, especially when on Thursday the minibus comes when my lesson finishes which is a bit tight.

I start properly next week and I am in for more hours than I was told-I have got 5hrs and 15 mins of Maths and Further Maths and 4hrs and 45 mins of Physics and Geography along with 2 hours of tutor time.On Tuesday and Thursday I have Maths all day.I'm only off on a Monday Morning,Wednesday Afternoon and Friday Afternoon-the rest of the time I'm in:angry: but at least I have got 10hrs and 30mins of Maths a week:colondollar:
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest