Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster Uni: Official Students 13/14!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 560
Original post by belle11
Hey! I'm theatre too, but what I understand is your major will have a set number of modules (one or two) and your minor is one. Creative writing is a minor, but is not offered as a major (course on it's own). You should be able to do it, but obviously the options don't open until mid September, so at that point you can apply for it! Hope that helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, hello! Hopefully we'll be studying theatre together! I'm looking forward to it!
That's good, then. Phew! That's a weight off my shoulders, at least until mid September! Thank you very much!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 561
Original post by XTRdigital
Yeah i'm doing 4 years straight off

Sounds good :smile: you excited about starting?
Reply 562
Original post by Orthrus

That's probably the best way to go, short of just faking an illness and skipping out on that day :tongue:

I completely regret telling you about that now! Hmm, I'm probably pretty bad at both since i haven't played either in a while. Surely monopoly isn't the best choice? Do you really want to cause fights right from the off?! Scrabble is where the party is at :lol:

Hmmm, i'd have to rope someone into coming with me first, and that's probably the hardest part with my harry potter hating friends and family :frown:

I'm only teasing it's interesting :P, the only thing I ever did was dancing for quite a few years which I was never any good at and if I ever have to dance now I end up doing some awkward robot dance :colondollar:

Monopoly is amazing I do like poker as well though. I've only ever played the children's version of scrabble not the proper version :frown:

If you join the Harry Potter society I'd imagine they would do a trip there
Reply 563
Original post by belle11
Most of the bits I have in my room at the moment are disgusting/embarrassing photos of my friends and I... I've got some movie/ book quotes as well, but to say they've seen better days is a small understatement! You're just too prepared!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That might be the first time in my life anyone has ever called me prepared :blush: The more disgusting/embarrassing photos the better! In fact, i need to get some of my own printed! Hmm, have you looked for like poster versions of those quotes and stuff - that's what i did:
photo.jpg
Reply 564
Original post by Orthrus
That might be the first time in my life anyone has ever called me prepared :blush: The more disgusting/embarrassing photos the better! In fact, i need to get some of my own printed! Hmm, have you looked for like poster versions of those quotes and stuff - that's what i did:
photo.jpg

I've made a list for stuff to get, and every time I cross something off of that list, It think of at least 2 more things I need to get! I've got most of my photos in frames, so I was going to bring the frames for my desk and then some I'll pin up... That's actually such a good idea. I can't believe I didn't clock that! hahahahaha that's freaking hilarious!
Reply 565
Original post by katie55
I'm only teasing it's interesting :P, the only thing I ever did was dancing for quite a few years which I was never any good at and if I ever have to dance now I end up doing some awkward robot dance :colondollar:

Monopoly is amazing I do like poker as well though. I've only ever played the children's version of scrabble not the proper version :frown:

If you join the Harry Potter society I'd imagine they would do a trip there

Awwh, a little dancer! :smile: Awkward robot dancing is much better than the extremely exaggerated sprinkler i seem to always do when i drink away my self respect :facepalm2:

Yeah, i like monopoly too, but i never understood poker too well though. I'm a pro at blackjack though, after having spent many physics lessons playing it :laugh: You're missing out on scrabble, it's a fun game to play till people start disputing words.

True, it would be the logical trip for the society and all!
Reply 566
Original post by Orthrus
Awwh, a little dancer! :smile: Awkward robot dancing is much better than the extremely exaggerated sprinkler i seem to always do when i drink away my self respect :facepalm2:

Yeah, i like monopoly too, but i never understood poker too well though. I'm a pro at blackjack though, after having spent many physics lessons playing it :laugh: You're missing out on scrabble, it's a fun game to play till people start disputing words.

True, it would be the logical trip for the society and all!

I don't think anyone can dance well after drinking although I doubt my sober dancing is better :colondollar:

I've never played blackjack, what is it? and playing during physics lessons tut tut. Maybe I will have to play this scrabble

Might see you at the Harry Potter society if I'm brave enough to go
Reply 567
Original post by katie55
I don't think anyone can dance well after drinking although I doubt my sober dancing is better :colondollar:

I've never played blackjack, what is it? and playing during physics lessons tut tut. Maybe I will have to play this scrabble

Might see you at the Harry Potter society if I'm brave enough to go

Wait. So your dancing gets WORSE than awkward robot dancing with drinking? I need to see this!

It's basically the game where you say "hit me" till the cards you're dealt reach a total of twenty one or beat the dealer's own hand. My physics teacher always had a table ready to play incase we finished work early (or he got bored) :biggrin: And likewise, i'll have to try this poker of yours!

Yeah maybe, i'll be the guy first in line for sorting!
Reply 568
Original post by Orthrus
Wait. So your dancing gets WORSE than awkward robot dancing with drinking? I need to see this!

It's basically the game where you say "hit me" till the cards you're dealt reach a total of twenty one or beat the dealer's own hand. My physics teacher always had a table ready to play incase we finished work early (or he got bored) :biggrin: And likewise, i'll have to try this poker of yours!

Yeah maybe, i'll be the guy first in line for sorting!

My dancing skills are beyond belief!!

ohh I've played 21 but not an exciting version, usually it seems like counting and then your bust and then start again

That teacher sounds pretty awesome and you really should try poker
Reply 569
Anybody else having problems logging into their new Lancaster account or is it just me??
Reply 570
Original post by katie55
My dancing skills are beyond belief!!

ohh I've played 21 but not an exciting version, usually it seems like counting and then your bust and then start again

That teacher sounds pretty awesome and you really should try poker

To be fair, nobody dances very well no matter how much they tell themselves they do - For me, it's just a matter of drinking enough to not feel like a prat as i do it :tongue:

That's all i thought it was initially as well, but then he started teaching us about all sorts of tricks and... cheats :shh:
Hmm, how would you describe the way you play poker?
Original post by yasind95
Anybody else having problems logging into their new Lancaster account or is it just me??

Yeah I can't log in either
Reply 572
Original post by deenaribena
Yeah I can't log in either

I'm guessing the website has crashed then. Just going to have to wait! Can't wait to start though!!
Reply 573
I'm guessing the website has crashed then. Just going to have to wait! Can't wait to start though!!

I've been able to log into my account... Have you only just created your account? It might be that you need to verify emails or something before you're allowed access to the account itself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 574
Original post by Loketoki
I've been able to log into my account... Have you only just created your account? It might be that you need to verify emails or something before you're allowed access to the account itself.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No I made the account a couple of days ago but it just keeps coming up with an error message
Reply 575
Original post by Orthrus
To be fair, nobody dances very well no matter how much they tell themselves they do - For me, it's just a matter of drinking enough to not feel like a prat as i do it :tongue:

That's all i thought it was initially as well, but then he started teaching us about all sorts of tricks and... cheats :shh:
Hmm, how would you describe the way you play poker?

I think that's the same with most people you drink enough so you don't care what you look like dancing :smile:

there are tricks and cheats :redface: makes it so much more complicated

I play texas holdem, I think :s I'm a pretty boring player I don't tend to bluff and only bet if I have a good hand

You excited about starting Lancaster?
Reply 576
No I made the account a couple of days ago but it just keeps coming up with an error message

That's weird... If it keeps doing that, you may have to contact the university and explain what's happened. Have you been able to access your account at all?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 577
Not at all. I just made the account and since then I haven't been able to access it
Reply 578
Not at all. I just made the account and since then I haven't been able to access it

Do you know if there's anything you have to do? Like sort out the pre-registration or something? I can't remember sorting out my account, unfortunately, so I doubt I'll be able to help you as much as other people... Sorry!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending