The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

St Patrick's hall.

Anybody staying in St. Patrick's this year?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yeah man, I am! Looking forward to it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 2
that's 2 people accounted for!
where's the rest of ya?!
Reply 3
I'm in St Patrick's too! Any idea what its like? I'm going to be studying English Language :smile:
Reply 4
I'm in St Patrick's! Cant wait to find out my room number and get everything sorted!
Reply 5
Looks like its just the four of us haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Make that the five of us! So what are you guys studying? I'm doing Biomed.
Reply 7
Original post by SophieGC21
I'm in St Patrick's too! Any idea what its like? I'm going to be studying English Language :smile:

I was in St Pats last year, you're in for a blast :wink:
Reply 8
Awesome! Are you here this year to help students to move in? Can you tell me anything about St Pats that I need to know?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Awesome! Are you here this year to help students to move in? Can you tell me anything about St Pats that I need to know?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not, but some of my friends are. Freshers week, you'll all be rounded up and go out as a hall - so don't buy any of the RUSU bundles; the JCR will sort you out. The JCR really help with trying to break the ice (and get you drunk :P). You make friends for life in halls, so take the opportunity to meet as many different people as possible.

Urr, one warning is - don't use the kitchen to store stuff; it'll likely get taken and you'll never see it again. :P. So keep the stuff in your room! :P

Also, pretty sure there's a facebook group somewhere that you can join to meet people. Tap in something like St Patricks Hall Group 2013-2014
Reply 10
Thanks for your post, can you tell me a little bit more about the catering side of St Pats as I preferably wanted self catering.

You mentioned don't store things in the kitchen, do you really mean that? Not even my pots, pans and the odd bit of food? How many share a kitchen as are you allocated a cupboard and part of the fridge each?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Thanks for your post, can you tell me a little bit more about the catering side of St Pats as I preferably wanted self catering.

You mentioned don't store things in the kitchen, do you really mean that? Not even my pots, pans and the odd bit of food? How many share a kitchen as are you allocated a cupboard and part of the fridge each?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're not really allocated anything, you just take something if it's free. The fridge and freezer are pretty small and you share a kitchen with a floor of your block. Which is about urhm.. 12 people? I had stuff stolen a lot, so I just stopped bothering using my kitchen.

Cupboards aren't locked or anything like that, so anybody can access your stuff. But tbf, if you're catered it doesn't really matter that much - you'll only ever be using it for weekends if you run out of money on your campus card.
Reply 12
How many people share a bathroom? I have been put there and I know absolutely nothing about it! So I'm scared.
Reply 13
Original post by Lucy0894
How many people share a bathroom? I have been put there and I know absolutely nothing about it! So I'm scared.

In each floor of a block there's a shared single toilet. (This is New Court btw, I have no clue about old court). Then on the bottom of each block there is either a male or female toilet, with 4 shower rooms and more toilet cubicles. I very rarely was waiting for a shower in the morning, so there are enough :smile:.
Reply 14
Does anyone know when we will receive our university email address?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Does anyone know when we will receive our university email address?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Go here http://mail.live.reading.ac.uk/ (or if that doesn't work go here https://live.auth.reading.ac.uk/ - the university recently changed the email system so I'm not sure which one will be working for new students). Your username and password should be the same as the one that you use to log into RISIS.
Reply 16
Has anyone booked their arrival slot yet? I just did and I'm pretty sure that my room number is on my parking permit!!
Hey guys, i'm in St Patrick's as well! looking forward to freshers week so much ..hope to meet everyone soon !
Reply 18
Original post by ollieconroy
Hey guys, i'm in St Patrick's as well! looking forward to freshers week so much ..hope to meet everyone soon !

Ahh cool! What are you studying? :smile:
I'm studying Geography! what about you ?

Quick Reply

Latest