The Student Room Group

2014 Medicine Re-Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1260
OMG I am so freaked out about the UKCAT :\ I have been doing some QR and hardly got any Qs right!!! I haven't guessed a single pattern with Ar either!! Currently using the sh** new 600Q book though lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dr.Ugs
OMG I am so freaked out about the UKCAT :\ I have been doing some QR and hardly got any Qs right!!! I haven't guessed a single pattern with Ar either!! Currently using the sh** new 600Q book though lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Told you hehe! Qr in the real thing is not bad but I swear the calculator is out to sabotage you, ALT C never worked for me, the calculator was huge and covered parts of the question, esc never worked to clear it either D: I was used to pressing ESC when practising so that could be my fault! But the questions themselves are ok :smile:
Reply 1262
Original post by Dr.Ugs
Wow I would never be able to do the BMAT lol well done on the mock!

Yeah I most definitely will not be mentioning a gap year in my PS lol. What's the job name? Well done!! An prepare well, you won't have to apply for more if you get this one. But the real question is...What's the pay? :biggrin: haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hehe, so I guess you've completely scrapped the one from last year? It's a literacy and numeracy tutor, really want this one. Lol I knew that question was coming...well so far they said if I get it, I have to attend a 12 week induction to get settled into the role and they will pay £7.50/hr after 3 months of that, they will re evaluate my salary based on the first 3 month performance. :smile:
Reply 1263
Original post by raveen789
Told you hehe! Qr in the real thing is not bad but I swear the calculator is out to sabotage you, ALT C never worked for me, the calculator was huge and covered parts of the question, esc never worked to clear it either D: I was used to pressing ESC when practising so that could be my fault! But the questions themselves are ok :smile:

How did you perform in this book? I officially hate it :\

Damn! That must have been a pain, last time i just clicked the clear button each time which took a lot of time lol. well at least you still popped out with an amazing score!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1264
Original post by PG593
Hehe, so I guess you've completely scrapped the one from last year? It's a literacy and numeracy tutor, really want this one. Lol I knew that question was coming...well so far they said if I get it, I have to attend a 12 week induction to get settled into the role and they will pay £7.50/hr after 3 months of that, they will re evaluate my salary based on the first 3 month performance. :smile:

Yep completely scrapped it. Looking back at it... What was I thinking? :\

Sounds good! I hope you get it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1265
Original post by frogs r everywhere
I've started working as a charity fundraiser for a cancer charity (but will be applying for more HCA posts). It involves a lot of walking from 3pm to 9pm :frown: .....with a 30 minute break in between!

Nice :biggrin: Those HCAs are tough to get, I've more or less given up on them with this catch 22 situation to have a NVQ Level 3 etc. How's the fundraising going? I feel for you guys, are you ones standing in the street trying to get grumpy people that walk by to donate? How's the rest of your application going? :smile:
Reply 1266
Original post by CasualSoul
How is everyone doing their UCAS- are you doing everything yourself or are you still getting help from school etc e.g. to check statements etc, plus last year we all got help regarding to fill it out etc but do we have to do it by ourselves now ? lol Also once it's complete do you need to send it to them so they can add the references etc. We need to make a brand new UCAS account don't we i.e. we can't use our one from last year?

I'm thinking i'll write down all the qualifications/ info that i put in last years froms and just copy that in to save time and just update the few things that need updating (if we do need to make a new profile that is). Than for PS i'm going to do it myself and just ask for it to be spell checked by parents/ go into school briefly for a teacher that's offered help, i'll ask about references when i go in as well since i'm not sure.
Original post by richtea5
I'm thinking i'll write down all the qualifications/ info that i put in last years froms and just copy that in to save time and just update the few things that need updating (if we do need to make a new profile that is). Than for PS i'm going to do it myself and just ask for it to be spell checked by parents/ go into school briefly for a teacher that's offered help, i'll ask about references when i go in as well since i'm not sure.

Hey yeah that is exactly what I've done/ plan to do :smile:
I've started working as a charity fundraiser for a cancer charity (but will be applying for more HCA posts). It involves a lot of walking from 3pm to 9pm :frown: .....with a 30 minute break in between!

If you don't mind me asking , which charity are you working with? I applied to several charities but the majority have told me they cannot employ me because of my age.
Original post by Green Bubblegum
If you don't mind me asking , which charity are you working with? I applied to several charities but the majority have told me they cannot employ me because of my age.

Really? Are you over 18? MarieCurie Cancer Care
Really? Are you over 18? MarieCurie Cancer Care

No , I am under 18. Do you know of any other charities in West Yorkshire. I have tried Shelter and the Mcmillian group.
Thinking of a good opening is so hard :frown:
Reply 1272
Thinking of a good opening is so hard :frown:

Killzone. Lol

I started mine with a personal experience this time. Last year I didn't :smile: it makes your PS different

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are you guys applying through a school/college or as individuals?
Original post by Dr.Ugs
Killzone. Lol

I started mine with a personal experience this time. Last year I didn't :smile: it makes your PS different

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im thinking that as well but it's not really why I want to do medicine but kind of an every day struggle I face which Doctor's have helped me with!
Is it bad if I use the same personal statement as last year because all of the universities that I applied to last year said that my PS was very strong and I worried that If I change it, it won't be as good.
Original post by minhle20
Are you guys applying through a school/college or as individuals?

Going back through school :smile:
Hey , does anyone know how Situational judgement test will be used by unis?
Reply 1278
Im thinking that as well but it's not really why I want to do medicine but kind of an every day struggle I face which Doctor's have helped me with!

So you must include it!! Maybe the doctors inspire you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1279
Original post by babychocolate
Is it bad if I use the same personal statement as last year because all of the universities that I applied to last year said that my PS was very strong and I worried that If I change it, it won't be as good.

Did it get you interviews?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending