The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8740
Original post by Random thoughts
I'm not sure who to or where to ask this, but I am in a difficult situation. I need some advice on A level options. I don't know what to chose as a 3rd option and then I don't know if my school or if I get in college with allow me to do A levels. I have no idea what to do...

Could someone help. Thanks. :confused:

Go with the subjects you enjoyed at GCSE and got good grades.
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Thanks. Fellow Welshie :five:

I'm most pissed off with RS and Business :mad:

Wayhey, they're quite hard to find here :dontknow:

Why,what happened? I'm annoyed about business too; did you do WJEC or OCR?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 3mma_gal96
Wayhey, they're quite hard to find here :dontknow:

Why,what happened? I'm annoyed about business too; did you do WJEC or OCR?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Business was WJEC... :mad:
Business was WJEC... :mad:

Ahh, see all through Y10 and half of Y11, we did wjec, but my teacher somehow thought it was a good idea to switch to OCR halfway through the year...I had my only B in that, but nobody got higher than a B so I don't know what happened :hand:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahh, see all through Y10 and half of Y11, we did wjec, but my teacher somehow thought it was a good idea to switch to OCR halfway through the year...I had my only B in that, but nobody got higher than a B so I don't know what happened :hand:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had an A but no A*s, 2 As and only 8 other passes... :redface:

He said he didn't know what the hell went on:tongue:
I had an A but no A*s, 2 As and only 8 other passes... :redface:

He said he didn't know what the hell went on:tongue:

Ah no! What's going on with business these days!? An A's still awesome though!
Yeah my teacher just went 'aww,they were marking really harshly this year' and I was thinking, 'well that's no consolation really..'

Posted from TSR Mobile
x

:rofl: so true!

I got the B in RS as well :colonhash: remarking that!
:rofl: so true!

I got the B in RS as well :colonhash: remarking that!

I was happy with my RE result, or I'd he remarking mine too :/ £35 for A remark apparently :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was happy with my RE result, or I'd he remarking mine too :/ £35 for A remark apparently :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You get it back if it goes up!

Are you remarking as well?
Original post by keromedic
Are you remarking as well?

I said I was :tongue:
I said I was :tongue:

Ah sorry, I only looked at the latest post.
Aren't you going to be late for college?

Hmm, and if it goes down, although the exam officer at my school said so far they've all stayed the same :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just got my result for maths today, it was my first ever formal GCSE exam, I got a B. I was wondering if that is a decent grade for a guy that sat it in year 9?
Original post by Alan-K
I just got my result for maths today, it was my first ever formal GCSE exam, I got a B. I was wondering if that is a decent grade for a guy that sat it in year 9?

I sat mine at the end of year 11 and only managed a B :lol: So that's great, congratulations :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Heytherehello
Anyone else who did OCR Philosophy and Ethics get a low mark on one of their ethics papers? I think it was the religion poverty and wealth one because i got full marks in both my philosophy papers, 40/50 in one ethics then 34/50 in the religion poverty and wealth one giving me overall an A :frown: . The overall was 174/200 does anyone know the grade boundary? Do you think it's worth getting the low one remarked to try and get an A*? Any replies would be appreciated :smile:

Exact thing happened to me, and I also got 174/200! I'm not sure about the boundaries though... I think it's 180 for A* but I'm not 100% sure :confused:
Original post by asdfghjkleah
Exact thing happened to me, and I also got 174/200! I'm not sure about the boundaries though... I think it's 180 for A* but I'm not 100% sure :confused:

Sorry to randomly interrupt, but it is indeed 180 :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
OMG I just found out I needed 2 Marks for An A* in Literature and 2 Marks for an A* in French! Life. -_-
Got a C in English language but a B in English literature can I still become a doctor? btw the rest are a*,as and bs
Original post by Alan-K

My name is Alan too :wink: Back in year nine I got a B, retook in year 10 for an A though

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest