The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2520
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I'd rather have all lessons and early release or something...

I have annoying random frees :frown:

College is gonna take a while to get in to

I wished that last year and the year before, awkward frees are the bane of my life

I want the rest of my university timetable :frown:

9am labs twice a week :rolleyes:

I don't like random frees either, I get nothing done in them! :tongue:
Original post by lilGem
I wished that last year and the year before, awkward frees are the bane of my life

I want the rest of my university timetable :frown:

9am labs twice a week :rolleyes:

Original post by usycool1

I'm going to fill the middle randoms with some extra curriculars if I can :colonhash:

Any tips on making friends?:lol:

I'm okay after lessons start, because I'll find someone to hang with throughout or meet up with people.

But before school I don't know people :frown:
Just found out I'm seeing my dad tomorrow, yaaayy!! :happy2: In a really good mood now :biggrin:

I'm going to fill the middle randoms with some extra curriculars if I can :colonhash:

Any tips on making friends?:lol:

I'm okay after lessons start, because I'll find someone to hang with throughout or meet up with people.

But before school I don't know people :frown:

You think I have friends? :lolwut: :lol:

You get to know people eventually, just say "hi" to the person sitting next to you and start talking about something :tongue:
So this is my position.

I want to study at pharmacy. I've worked in two independent pharmacies,a hospital and I have a job as a counter assistant with a qualification in being a counter assistant too.
I want to apply for AAB-ABB universities and an 'insurance one'.I've picked these universities to apply to:-

1)Durham University
2)Aston University
3)Reading University
4)UEA
5)LJMU

In my AS levels i got BCDD in OCR biology(215UMS),OCR chemistry A (196 UMS),MEI maths (169UMS) and AQA Business Studies respectively.I dropped Business Studies so I'm carrying BCD onto A2.My ALPS target (basically target from gcse scores) is BBB
Now the problem is that i emailled all the universities i'm choosing and they said a prediction of ABC or BBB would be considered.
I've been to my chemistry teacher and asked for a prediction of a B as my C is quite close to a B.I'm also resitting F322 next summer too.He said it's fine so i'm satisfied with this as its a grad up from my AS score
Now the problem lies in my biology and maths.My biology teacher has told me she'll predict me a B.I'm 25 UMS away from an A and I'm planning to resit both F212 and the coursework.I'm not happy with this.
My maths teacher,which i need to confirm,might predict me the D i got in AS.However in my C1,I got 66 UMS.In C2,I got 50 UMS and in S1 i got 53 UMS.I'm planning to resit C1 AND C2.I'm 11 marks from a C so if I resat C1 and get an A,I'll be on a C and even more if i resit both,I could even get a B which I'll be ok with.

My question is that should i force the issue with my head of sixth form about getting at least an ABC prediction,or should I get my parents in to consult my teachers about it.I've given up my summer and my year to get as much experience as I can in Pharmacy,so it's quite imperative i actually get into a good university!

Tell me about it. My days are far too spread out. For example, today is my only day with just two lessons, however the first is from 0830 - 0925, and the second is from 1350 - 1445. :angry:
Just found out I'm seeing my dad tomorrow, yaaayy!! :happy2: In a really good mood now :biggrin:

You think I have friends? :lolwut: :lol:

You get to know people eventually, just say "hi" to the person sitting next to you and start talking about something :tongue:

Haha :wink:

Yeah, I get that... I just wanna know EVERYONE, but they probably don't want to know me :tongue:

Original post by Choppie
Tell me about it. My days are far too spread out. For example, today is my only day with just two lessons, however the first is from 0830 - 0925, and the second is from 1350 - 1445. :angry:

That is so annoying...

Another thing I hate... Is we have every lesson every day... So I have to carry four folders!:mad:
Reply 2527
Original post by Choppie

I had that mondays last year although I was on a free until 245 :rolleyes:
Original post by krishkmistry
So this is my position.

I want to study at pharmacy. I've worked in two independent pharmacies,a hospital and I have a job as a counter assistant with a qualification in being a counter assistant too.
I want to apply for AAB-ABB universities and an 'insurance one'.I've picked these universities to apply to:-

1)Durham University
2)Aston University
3)Reading University
4)UEA
5)LJMU

In my AS levels i got BCDD in OCR biology(215UMS),OCR chemistry A (196 UMS),MEI maths (169UMS) and AQA Business Studies respectively.I dropped Business Studies so I'm carrying BCD onto A2.My ALPS target (basically target from gcse scores) is BBB
Now the problem is that i emailled all the universities i'm choosing and they said a prediction of ABC or BBB would be considered.
I've been to my chemistry teacher and asked for a prediction of a B as my C is quite close to a B.I'm also resitting F322 next summer too.He said it's fine so i'm satisfied with this as its a grad up from my AS score
Now the problem lies in my biology and maths.My biology teacher has told me she'll predict me a B.I'm 25 UMS away from an A and I'm planning to resit both F212 and the coursework.I'm not happy with this.
My maths teacher,which i need to confirm,might predict me the D i got in AS.However in my C1,I got 66 UMS.In C2,I got 50 UMS and in S1 i got 53 UMS.I'm planning to resit C1 AND C2.I'm 11 marks from a C so if I resat C1 and get an A,I'll be on a C and even more if i resit both,I could even get a B which I'll be ok with.

My question is that should i force the issue with my head of sixth form about getting at least an ABC prediction,or should I get my parents in to consult my teachers about it.I've given up my summer and my year to get as much experience as I can in Pharmacy,so it's quite imperative i actually get into a good university!

This is something you need to resolve with your school, and if your teachers aren't willing to predict you the grades you need, I would say you should seek advice from your head of sixth form about the issue because they need to be aware that your course requires predictions you aren't being given. Although, you have to understand where your teachers are coming from with their predictions and respect it, and your head of sixth may actually not be able to change much, but definitely go to them first.

I would advise against getting parents involved tbh
Original post by Choppie
x

Happy belated birthday!! Hope you had a good day yesterday
Original post by krishkmistry
So this is my position.

1)Durham University
2)Aston University
3)Reading University
4)UEA
5)LJMU

Tough situation, tbh I think all of your predictions are justified. The thing is all of these universities will see your AS grades, A2 is harder than AS so no doubt being predicted ''higher'' for A2 would look rather suspicious. I don't think you have a case m8 sorry but u can beg for a C prediction at Max I'd say predict BBC or minimum BBD.

Let's be honest the reasoning for maths isn't justified at all sorry but 66 ums in C1 then lower in C2 & S1 clearly shows a downhill trend, beg for that C though
I'm really quite excited for this year :biggrin: Except for my computing coursework... that I could definitely do without.

If you're thinking about applying to university and want your choices in the list below, quote this post and I'll add them in for you! :biggrin:

Information you may wish to add:

What course you're going to apply for.

Your AS subjects (and grades if you like).

Your A2 subjects (and predicted/actual grades if you want to).

What universities you're thinking of applying to and their decisions (when it comes to that).

Spoiler

Another thing I hate... Is we have every lesson every day... So I have to carry four folders!:mad:

I used to take all 4 folders into school, but I got fed up of lugging them around, so I just took one folder and kept the notes in there for a week before putting them into the 4 respective massive folders at home :smile: It really works, give it a try :biggrin:

Me!! And I'm doing 4 A2s :angry::angry::angry:
Hey guys, silly question but do you think I should still apply to LSE bearing in mind I have AACD at AS Level?
I don't want to waste an option for University, and I was wondering whether it'd be "out of my league"
What do you think? :smile:
Original post by Smile_124
Hey guys, silly question but do you think I should still apply to LSE bearing in mind I have AACD at AS Level?
I don't want to waste an option for University, and I was wondering whether it'd be "out of my league"
What do you think? :smile:

Depends on the entry requirements of your chosen course along with your GCSEs
Reply 2535
If people are able to beg teachers to predict them higher, doesn't that just defeat the purpose of predicted grades? :s-smilie:. It should be an accurate indicator of what your teachers believe you can achieve.
Original post by Robbie242
Depends on the entry requirements of your chosen course along with your GCSEs

Management is AAB minimum and they do consider AS Levels :/

I got 10 A*'s at GCSE. Just messed up with AS.

I would give it a go, your GCSEs are LSE standard, although your C is quite bad to have I think you could still stand a chance, make sure u write a smashing personal statement though
Reply 2538

It's going to be pretty tough, considering LSE is really competitive and the majority of candidates will have straight A grades, but none of us can tell you for sure whether it's worth applying, it's up to you to decide. Although it's only 1 choice in 5 so you might aswell.

Do you have any extenuating circumstances to justify the C and D?
Original post by Robbie242
I would give it a go, your GCSEs are LSE standard, although your C is quite bad to have I think you could still stand a chance, make sure u write a smashing personal statement though

I know, I'm gutted at my C. I was predicted an A :/
But yeah, I'll try my best to bring that up (even it if means retaking AS units)
Thank you so much, I'll try my best ^_^

Latest