The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L'Evil Fish
Meh. I'll use it at home too:tongue:

Urmmmm...

Intel i5, 15.6", resolution isn't great :colondollar: (1366 x 768) but screen isn't bad, sound is amazing though sub woofers and that... It's Windows 8 :tongue:

Sont Fit 15

Can you say:

J'espère que pouvoir commencer...

How was it? :biggrin:
Original post by Decerto
How was it? :biggrin:

Read above! I wrote quite a bit!
Read above! I wrote quite a bit!

I love most of your enrichment choices, I wish to do quite a few of them myself.

What sort of work did you do today?
Original post by Decerto
I love most of your enrichment choices, I wish to do quite a few of them myself.

What sort of work did you do today?

I don't want to overload :tongue:

Geography read through some tectonics. French did some translations on relationships... Chemistry went on orbitals
I don't want to overload :tongue:

Geography read through some tectonics. French did some translations on relationships... Chemistry went on orbitals

Did you enjoy it?
Won't find out until October if I got top in Northern Ireland for French. :angry: I'm pretty sure I have to get at least 3rd...
Reply 7366
Original post by aasvogel
Won't find out until October if I got top in Northern Ireland for French. :angry: I'm pretty sure I have to get at least 3rd...

How do you find that out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Krollo
How do you find that out?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They email/ ring the school I think.
Original post by Decerto
Did you enjoy it?

I genuinely don't know :tongue:

I think so, but then don't...
I genuinely don't know :tongue:

I think so, but then don't...

I'm sure you'll settle in when you get into the swing of working. :tongue:

Was it a bit uncomfortable because you didn't know anybody?
Original post by Decerto
I'm sure you'll settle in when you get into the swing of working. :tongue:

Was it a bit uncomfortable because you didn't know anybody?

It wasn't the not knowing anyone... My issues:

1) Those idiots who think they're so cool, I feel paranoid :lol: never felt like that before... Like there are so many of those "good looking cool kids"

2) We don't have books...

3) Have to use school bus

4) Need to pick up more uniform and pick up a lunch pass and ICT log ins...

5) Sports might scare me

6) I don't know the full structure of the day
It wasn't the not knowing anyone... My issues:

1) Those idiots who think they're so cool, I feel paranoid :lol: never felt like that before... Like there are so many of those "good looking cool kids"

2) We don't have books...

3) Have to use school bus

4) Need to pick up more uniform and pick up a lunch pass and ICT log ins...

5) Sports might scare me

6) I don't know the full structure of the day

I know. It's sad that I do not fit into that category. :tongue:

Sports scare me as well because of my inability to play them well. I wouldn't mind rowing though or tennis.
Reply 7372
Original post by 21stcenturyphantom
Thanks for the reply, meowage. (I always chuckle when I read your username, as it makes me think of my cat who meows incessantly :lol:)

I know that one can avoid the study of literature, but I have before questioned my intentions of wanting to study a language degree. Before I went on a little summer trip to France and Italy, I was dead set for studying the Sciences and Maths, but I changed my mind...and now I've changed it back again! No, I think language learning is something I will keep as a passion or hobby in my spare time. If anything, I think I could remain teaching myself them and take the CEFR or equivalent tests, if I wanted to prove any later gained proficiency to employers. I'm not questioning the validity of studying a languages degree, but I've really had a drastic change of thought recently.

I've made some calls and apparently my former science tutors are all excited to have me back. :biggrin: It's going to be hard, and I hope I can do it.

I am actually very much behind your decision to switch back to sciences and if you do some digging you may find a post of mine explaining my feelings about language degrees. :tongue:

Though I don't regret getting the chance to study literature and history and philosophy and so on at a high level, at all. I feel as though I would be many, many steps behind intellectually if I'd done a scientific degree instead - and I would never have been exposed to linguistics to the level I was, which is just unfathomable to me.

However, as you may know from me mentioning it somewhere on this thread (not sure), I am in the process of trying to go back to uni and study Medicine instead. Part of me would love to somehow find myself on a Japanese or Chinese degree, or studying Architecture, and then magically land a great job with either of these, but reality set in, and I feel like Medicine holds enough excitement and challenges and job security and respect and saving-the-world(ish) to be the best choice by far.
Original post by Decerto
I know. It's sad that I do not fit into that category. :tongue:

Sports scare me as well because of my inability to play them well. I wouldn't mind rowing though or tennis.

I have to work my way up again :tongue:

Yeah, I feel better today... We'll see :h:
My French class is beyond help...

Spoiler

1) A Level Class
2) Intelligent
3) Private School

:colonhash: French teacher said I might have scared the class with my French :lolwut: sorry, they should be as good as me, because I'm not even good.

Haha that reminds me of my French Class at the start of year 12 :lol:
If your class turns out anything like mine then most of them will drop out within 2 weeks and you'll be left with a very small class with good quality, focused teaching :biggrin:
Original post by BaconEmperor
Haha that reminds me of my French Class at the start of year 12 :lol:
If your class turns out anything like mine then most of them will drop out within 2 weeks and you'll be left with a very small class with good quality, focused teaching :biggrin:

No quality though.

Like they're going to get Es in their orals UNLESS you can get marks with saying J and R the English way and say 'utile' like 'you-teal' :colonhash:
No quality though.

Like they're going to get Es in their orals UNLESS you can get marks with saying J and R the English way and say 'utile' like 'you-teal' :colonhash:

There's probably 2/3 people in your class who are ok at French and they'll be the only ones left soon enough. In my class hardly anyone knew what 'depuis' meant and a few weren't even sure on the difference between a noun and an a verb :s-smilie:
Reply 7378

Spoiler

1) A Level Class
2) Intelligent
3) Private School

:colonhash: French teacher said I might have scared the class with my French :lolwut: sorry, they should be as good as me, because I'm not even good.

Hey, half my Spanish class thinks ser is the only verb in the Spanish language. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

1) A Level Class
2) Intelligent
3) Private School

Meh, it bothers me when people are starting A2, and still unable to stop translating the English present continuous word by word into French or German!

Latest

Trending

Trending