Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

Brunel Freshers 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by ICBnl
Hi, thanks. That would mean no background reading before i start though. What are others doing??!!

The reading lists on my Blackboard say they aren't confirmed so there's no way I'm spending anything until I know for sure. Won't be buying anything new either! There's this group on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/groups/242047522567403/?bookmark_t=group and Ebay, Amazon etc but I'm sure there must be another way of buying second hand books from Brunel students in the same school, like a noticeboard or something.
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
Original post by KirkyLife
I believe those will be our tutors groups which we will know at Freshers...there's a specific 'Meet the Tutor' event which you must attend if I remember correctly...

I do have a bit of hope from a couple of guys who said their time tables at other Unis were changed during Freshers. Just remember the lecturers have lives too! haha

lol, I never knew uni timetables will be so different from a levels lol :frown: week 1.jpg
week 2.jpg
term 1.jpg

these are my timetables for week 1 and 2 and term 1, I have no clue how they work :frown: are yours similar?

anyone else doing business computing and got they timetable?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 162
Original post by abubakar261

I'm business computing too, so don't worry you're not on your own! Read from left to right. First row is Monday, and the time increases from left to right. So for example on the 23rd of September we are in a lecture centre from 10.00 until 11.00 with Timothy Cribben and then straight afterwards it looks like the same lecture theatre but another speaker?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by 3amWisdom
I'm business computing too, so don't worry you're not on your own! Read from left to right. First row is Monday, and the time increases from left to right. So for example on the 23rd of September we are in a lecture theatre from 10.00 until 10.30 with Timothy Cribben and then straight afterwards it looks like the same lecture theatre but another speaker?

are u living at halls? or home?
Reply 164
are u living at halls? or home?

I'm Halls - St Margaret's (Bishop Complex)
You?
I'm Halls - St Margaret's (Bishop Complex)
You?

Sadly, home
Reply 166
Sadly, home

That's a shame, but it's not the end of the world. You definitely don't have to live on campus to be included in stuff. I'll make sure you're not left out. Do you live close enough to come to any of the evening things during freshers?
That's a shame, but it's not the end of the world. You definitely don't have to live on campus to be included in stuff. I'll make sure you're not left out. Do you live close enough to come to any of the evening things during freshers?

lol, it gets worse

I live about 20-25 mins by car but sadly, I be getting buses (2 buses) so about 1 hour.

but on the plus side, I have a twin and he is doing the same course!!
Reply 168
lol, it gets worse

I live about 20-25 mins by car but sadly, I be getting buses (2 buses) so about 1 hour.

but on the plus side, I have a twin and he is doing the same course!!

Wow! That really does suck. I guess at least you have the time on campus, and there are always activities and meals and stuff during the day between lessons. Are you close to your twin? Here's to hoping you get along otherwise that's an awful lot of time to be spending with someone :smile: But definitely awesome to be able to start something as big as uni already knowing someone!
Wow! That really does suck. I guess at least you have the time on campus, and there are always activities and meals and stuff during the day between lessons. Are you close to your twin? Here's to hoping you get along otherwise that's an awful lot of time to be spending with someone :smile: But definitely awesome to be able to start something as big as uni already knowing someone!

ye, I know him well :frown: he lives in the same house lol
Where does it say what books we need to get?

edit: Is this your first year at uni?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 171
Where does it say what books we need to get?

edit: Is this your first year at uni?

If you go onto Blackboard it should say "My Courses" on the left hand side of the screen - a list of modules showing as links. If you click each one, it breaks down into a menu of options, one of which is "Reading List" you can view it, or do what I did and export as a CSV file and merge into one spreadsheet. I couldn't find a way of exporting the whole lot as one long list. It's not confirmed yet anyway.

Certainly is. I'm 32 but have been working since I was 18. :smile:
Reply 172
I can't seem to find a way of attaching a document to a personal message on here, but if you PM me your email addy I will email you the spreadsheet I have done?
I can't seem to find a way of attaching a document to a personal message on here, but if you PM me your email addy I will email you the spreadsheet I have done?

sure ..... and thanks!
(edited 10 years ago)
If you go onto Blackboard it should say "My Courses" on the left hand side of the screen - a list of modules showing as links. If you click each one, it breaks down into a menu of options, one of which is "Reading List" you can view it, or do what I did and export as a CSV file and merge into one spreadsheet. I couldn't find a way of exporting the whole lot as one long list. It's not confirmed yet anyway.

Certainly is. I'm 32 but have been working since I was 18. :smile:

you must have hell a lot of experience, working for that long:smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 175
I'd edit out your email if I was you, only because if this forum gets trawled by Google you're going to get spammed for eternity :smile: I've copied it.

I have some experience, it's not all relevant to computing, and academically I'm still probably behind most of you guys. I think being a bit older is good for knowing what you want in life and how to learn from screwing up the first time round :wink:
Reply 176
lol, I never knew uni timetables will be so different from a levels lol :frown: week 1.jpg
week 2.jpg
term 1.jpg

these are my timetables for week 1 and 2 and term 1, I have no clue how they work :frown: are yours similar?

I definitely don't have anywhere near that amount of lectures buddy :eek:

I have Monday and Wednesday off but where you are lucky is that you only finish up at 6pm latest. I have to stay till 7pm on two days unless it changes over Freshers haha

I have Monday and Wednesday off but where you are lucky is that you only finish up at 6pm latest. I have to stay till 7pm on two days unless it changes over Freshers haha

:P, what course are u doing?
Reply 178

I'm wondering if the Tuesday is actually just lab time, rather than actual guided study? I can't see them not giving a break in that length of time!
Reply 179
:P, what course are u doing?

History good sir :smile:

I'm wondering if the Tuesday is actually just lab time, rather than actual guided study? I can't see them not giving a break in that length of time!

As I say watch out for Freshers week changes to the time table. I agree something seems very off there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending