The Student Room Group

Arsey's Edexcel M1 Summer 2013 Model Solutions BOTH PAPERS

Scroll to see replies

Thanks Arsey (isn't it rude to call a teacher by name without any Sir or Madam or anything).
Thank you, for the quick marking schemes for M1 and M2. I really think I wouldn't have got a double full UMS if I had not seen them.

EDIT; Why this neg, I didn't cheat or anything. Its just LoA :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 481
Original post by raheel95
What did ppl get in m1 out of curiousity and how many ums

Posted from TSR Mobile

93 :biggrin:
Reply 482

Posted from TSR Mobile

92ums, I am so happy with that because I thought I messed up the paper!
what did ppl get in m1 out of curiousity and how many ums

posted from tsr mobile

100 ums! :biggrin:
Reply 484

Posted from TSR Mobile

97:biggrin:
Although I messed up virtually 2 whole questions. Including a bit where I managed to find a value for 'm' in the last question - which is supposed to be unknown:biggrin:
Reply 485
Original post by Tuya
97:biggrin:
Although I messed up virtually 2 whole questions. Including a bit where I managed to find a value for 'm' in the last question - which is supposed to be unknown:biggrin:

I got 97 too :biggrin:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
97 even though I made a couple of silly mistakes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

82 :frown:
Original post by adi19956
I got 97 too :biggrin:

I was quite pleased with the outcome of that paper. I got 97 too (three?) !! :biggrin:
Original post by Mathsforlife
got 74/75 ... 100 ums. i felt boundaries were not fair.

what would have been a fairer boundary in your opinion?
could have messed up a whole question and still got 100 ums. :frown:

People like you irritate me. The boundaries weren't too low, they were right for this series. What does it matter to you if someone else gets 100ums after making a few mistakes? A very similar amount to most years would've got 100ums anyway. You wouldn't be complaining if you just scraped 100ums so get off your high horse, your 74/75 wouldn't have got 100ums most years anyway.
For anyone who needs it now or in the future,

Here is a blank version of the official M1 paper for may 2013:
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
what would have been a fairer boundary in your opinion?

74 for 100 would have been ok ... because paper was tiny little harder than normal. Same thing with C3 64 for 100 :confused: surely wasnt that hard!
Reply 494
74 for 100 would have been ok ... because paper was tiny little harder than normal. Same thing with C3 64 for 100 :confused: surely wasnt that hard!

I love how the exact mark you got is ok for 100ums, nah lets make that 75/75 and just lower that A boundary instead, see how you feel :rolleyes:
Original post by Robbie242
I love how the exact mark you got is ok for 100ums, nah lets make that 75/75 and just lower that A boundary instead, see how you feel :rolleyes:

Seconded!
Reply 496
I feel like **** with my 50UMS
Reply 497

I think that'd be fair (although I don't want to lose my 97) because people at the extreme top end of the scale must find it easier to get 100UMS as in it doesn't matter if they make tiny mistakes.
I suppose whatever they do is fair though

Reply 498
Original post by adi19956
I think that'd be fair (although I don't want to lose my 97) because people at the extreme top end of the scale must find it easier to get 100UMS as in it doesn't matter if they make tiny mistakes.
I suppose whatever they do is fair though

I'm not fussed by that tbh, it was like that with FP1 and I can accept that. You have to admit moments was a beast though :colone:
Reply 499
I'm not fussed by that tbh, it was like that with FP1 and I can accept that. You have to admit moments was a beast though :colone:

I got it right and crossed it out :laugh:
To be fair it was quite like a question in the textbook in one of the review exercises

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending