The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Scroll to see replies

Original post by anushamehta
I mean do the serious athletes stay there or elsewhere ?As they have very specific routines do they have special accommodation and food and such?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've known athletes stay in all of the different halls - no specific hall that I am aware of.
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Original post by Pyone
Is there studios in any of the halls? And what is the price range?? Tnx :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

There are some in William Morris and Harry French, as well as a couple of the private halls. About £5,000 per year I think.
Reply 1623
How realistic is it to get into catered halls if Loughborough is my insurance? slim to none?
Reply 1624
Is there anyone who doesn't have a room yet? I've reserved one in Butler Court, but now I want to cancel it because I'm goint to live in a friend's house. The university said that the only way to cancel the reservation is to find a student who hasn't applied for accomodation yet to re-occupy the room. If someone's interested, please write me an email at [mod edit: don't post personal contact details - use the PM system]
Thank you in advance :smile:
Reply 1625
I am an Erasmus student for fall semester and have been accepted in Telford hall.Whats your opinion about Telford. Im thinking about cancelling it too and go for private accommodation instead in the Foundry because is so much cheaper and has ensuite rooms
Reply 1626
Original post by marinadr
Is there anyone who doesn't have a room yet? I've reserved one in Butler Court, but now I want to cancel it because I'm goint to live in a friend's house. The university said that the only way to cancel the reservation is to find a student who hasn't applied for accomodation yet to re-occupy the room. If someone's interested, please write me an email at [mod edit: don't post personal contact details - use the PM system]

Is Butler Court in village and if so how much is it for the year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
If anyone hasn't found anywhere to live in Loughborough next year, I have a spare room in my house on Fearon Street. ~£3500 per year, large double bedroom, big bay window, 2 bathrooms, sharing with 4 others, locks on all bedroom doors. Private message me for more details!
Original post by aziz95
Is Butler Court in village and if so how much is it for the year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

See the Loughborough accommodation site for these details :smile:
Original post by marinadr

i'd be interested :smile: private message me please
Reply 1630
I don't know if this is possible, but if anyone wanted to swap a room in Bill Mo for mine in Bakewell, let me know- I'm not sure if we are allowed to swap this way, but worth a try
Reply 1631
Does anybody know why the accomidation is so much at Loughborough?
Original post by CF25

I didn't realise it was significantly higher than other Uni's!
Original post by CF25

Loughborough just tends to have really nice accommodation compared to most places, plus cleaners, a substantial amount of catered halls, huge refurbishment programmes and good common room facilities. It all comes at a cost.

Also, I wouldn't say it was particularly expensive when you look at places like Brunel or Reading.
Reply 1634
Just managed to get an en-suite room in Robert Bakewell, anyone else in Robert Bakewell and/or doing E+E Engineering?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CF25

Its actually not, but they dont quote a weekly price here so it can seem so

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1636
Has anybody got there online living in halls induction email?
If Anyone has a room that they no longer want and if it needs to be filled, please contact me.
Reply 1638
I got into Loughborough as my insurance choice and have just found out that there are no halls available to me that are affiliated to the university and they have said that my only options are a private hall or a house. Is anybody else in the same situation? If so what do you plan on doing?
Reply 1639
Original post by turbinator
i'd be interested :smile: private message me please

my cousin will be interested can you contact me pls urgently if it is still available

Latest

Trending

Trending