The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4200
Original post by Lucas.
Ahh cheers. :tongue: Looks like I'll have to log on when I start on Monday then. :frown: Didn't get the choice of logging in at enrolment. :tongue:

Oo another person who starts on Monday! Most people on here seem to have already started haha :smile: That's annoying, we had to do a whole list of tasks on enrolment day, like setting up our college e-mail and taking this dyslexia test, it took ages
Reply 4201
Original post by Mr.Nor
This is my first time doing it! And you're doing exactly the same modules as me!

Oh that's good, we can help each other :biggrin: I bet you're gonna really enjoy it, sociology was by far my favourite subject at GCSE, it's really interesting (if you're into that kind of stuff, I guess)
Reply 4202
Original post by Toriar
Oh that's good, we can help each other :biggrin: I bet you're gonna really enjoy it, sociology was by far my favourite subject at GCSE, it's really interesting (if you're into that kind of stuff, I guess)

I think we're starting the unit 1 stuff tomorrow so I'll let you how that goes :h:
Reply 4203
Original post by Toriar
Oo another person who starts on Monday! Most people on here seem to have already started haha :smile: That's annoying, we had to do a whole list of tasks on enrolment day, like setting up our college e-mail and taking this dyslexia test, it took ages

Yeah, most people on here (and where I live) have already gone back. :frown:

We took a dyslexia test!! Had to write a whole side of A4 on the cuff. I don't have dyslexia, but it was the first time I had properly written in about 11 weeks, so I probably failed it. :rolleyes:
Original post by Lucas.
Are you trying to imply that I don't look innocent now? :tongue:

like any other teenager :biggrin:
Reply 4205
Original post by lolface32
like any other teenager :biggrin:

Haha, fair enough. :tongue:
Reply 4206
Original post by Lucas.
Yeah, most people on here (and where I live) have already gone back. :frown:

We took a dyslexia test!! Had to write a whole side of A4 on the cuff. I don't have dyslexia, but it was the first time I had properly written in about 11 weeks, so I probably failed it. :rolleyes:

Hahah we had to write a page about dogs and my handwriting is terrible anyway, so that combined with weeks of writing barely anything made it pretty illegible... hopefully the typing and spelling tests made up for my poor writing
Reply 4207
Original post by Toriar
Hahah we had to write a page about dogs and my handwriting is terrible anyway, so that combined with weeks of writing barely anything made it pretty illegible... hopefully the typing and spelling tests made up for my poor writing

...dogs? How on earth can you write a side of A4 about dogs? :tongue: Ours was on 'where we see ourselves in 10 years'. :tongue:

Don't worry, I'm pretty sure most people's handwriting was poor. :tongue:

We didn't have typing and spelling tests... That must have been pretty tedious. I haven't had a spelling test since like Year 7. :biggrin:
Original post by techno836
Yep :five: but your on AQA :s-smilie: ........ i may require assistance with D1 :erm:

it may be because its just something completely new to me and it was my first lesson, it was also boring :lol:

Do you know how much M1 M2 overlap ?

Fortunately, I don't do D1 till A2 and by then the lecturers could decide to change modules and if you look at D1 in a textbook the majority of the contents looks like a different subject to Maths and looks a bit like ICT.What was the Maths you were learning?
I had another suspiciously lovely day at sixth form - geography was a really interesting lesson, and my new teacher is brilliant, and in chemistry we did a load of practical work and wrote out the equations, which was actually a lot of fun. The rest of my day was free, so I looked back over geography notes and started converting it into revision cards (my major pitfall last year was leaving the revision-card-ifying to the last minute, so this year I'm doing it as I go along), then practised some chemistry for a bit.
Original post by Lucas.
My college uses Moodle too. Did you have to log in at college before you log in at home? Because I'm trying to log on but it's not working. :frown:

At my College, you logged in with your enrollment number and date of birth onto the college computers and then changed the password and then this automatically changed the password for Moodle-so it may be possible to log in with your enrollment number and date of birth to Moodle.
Reply 4211
Original post by Lucas.
...dogs? How on earth can you write a side of A4 about dogs? :tongue: Ours was on 'where we see ourselves in 10 years'. :tongue:

Don't worry, I'm pretty sure most people's handwriting was poor. :tongue:

We didn't have typing and spelling tests... That must have been pretty tedious. I haven't had a spelling test since like Year 7. :biggrin:

Oh we didn't have to just come up with a whole page on dogs! We listened to it through headphones and had to write down what was dictated to us... sorry, I should've made that clearer :P

Yes it was very tedious, I'm sure most people who have dyslexia have already been diagnosed but never mind, maybe it'll help someone
Reply 4212
Original post by Dalek1099
At my College, you logged in with your enrollment number and date of birth onto the college computers and then changed the password and then this automatically changed the password for Moodle-so it may be possible to log in with your enrollment number and date of birth to Moodle.

Yeah, that's what I've tried. :tongue:

My password is l151296M - it's not working at all and it's annoying me. :frown: My timetable is on there and I'd really like to see it before I actually collect it Monday morning...
Reply 4213
Original post by Toriar
Oh we didn't have to just come up with a whole page on dogs! We listened to it through headphones and had to write down what was dictated to us... sorry, I should've made that clearer :P

Yes it was very tedious, I'm sure most people who have dyslexia have already been diagnosed but never mind, maybe it'll help someone

Oh right okay haha, that makes much more sense. :tongue:

Yeah, I mean I can see why they did it, but most people enrolling passed English with flying colours - most people I know got A/A* (I got a B...:biggrin:) - so I don't really see why you'd need extra help if you're perfectly capable of an A*... But hey, it's happened now, and it was only 10 minutes of my life. It was just a little bit annoying and threw me off at the time. :tongue:
Original post by techno836
x

for the first post: maths (ocr) f.maths (ocr) mandarin (edexcel) economics (ocr) English lit (aqa) :smile:
Had my first day at sixth form today and it was pretty good! I like my timetable, especially Monday's when I only need to go in for two lessons in the afternoon. They're also my favourite two with the best teachers :biggrin:

Today I had:

English Language - Actually a lot more interesting than I thought! I don't know why, I just enjoyed learning about the different formations of words like lexemes and morphemes, and I can't wait to continue. The teacher is new but seems to be pretty good so far, and the lesson felt informal (but not too laid back either.)

Double English Literature - We swapped over teachers throughout, I think I probably preferred the second teacher we had, her style of teaching seemed better and she explained everything more. We're studying the genre of comedy at the moment and then doing coursework. I have to say though, I wish we started on the novels too because they're so much more interesting! But I think after doing some research for homework what we're doing should get more interesting in the upcoming lessons.

Tomorrow I have Double Spanish, then a free period, English Language and Double French :smile:
I have gone stupid over the holidays can someone help me with Maths. Fully factorise (x=y)^2 + (x+y)(2x+5y)
Reply 4217
Original post by Red Fox
I have gone stupid over the holidays can someone help me with Maths. Fully factorise (x=y)^2 + (x+y)(2x+5y)

...I was looking forward to Maths, but now after seeing that I have only realised just how rusty I am. Oh dear. :redface:
Original post by Red Fox

just expand the first bracket and then use FOIL to expand each individual bit, I presume the = was meant to be a + though
Original post by Lucas.
...I was looking forward to Maths, but now after seeing that I have only realised just how rusty I am. Oh dear. :redface:

That's on the first page of my summer homework and I'm already stuck:redface:

Latest