The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Freshers 2013 Megathread

Scroll to see replies

I enrolled already and set up my email account thing. Sorted my photo out today aswell, pretty sure it looks like I've got wind in the photo.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
is it ok if background on photo is lighter on one side but darker on the other? each photo I upload it says it can't detect my face, the system is one of the worst I have ever used.
I think that will probably count as a shadow, unless it doesn't really make your face look any different? I did mine in a photo booth in tesco.
Original post by FloydRix
is it ok if background on photo is lighter on one side but darker on the other? each photo I upload it says it can't detect my face, the system is one of the worst I have ever used.

Are you trying to upload directly from your phone?
Reply 544
Aaand I'm not able to upload picture because face recognition software cannot find my face no matter how hard I try to make myself stand out from the background -_-
Original post by Rtcw
Aaand I'm not able to upload picture because face recognition software cannot find my face no matter how hard I try to make myself stand out from the background -_-

The same thing I asked FloydRix, are you trying to upload it directly from your phone?
Reply 546
Original post by Pterodactyl
The same thing I asked FloydRix, are you trying to upload it directly from your phone?

No, I photographed using phone then used computer to upload the picture.
(edited 10 years ago)
I can't even get on the photo upload login screen :s

It just says "Waiting for photoid.warwick.ac.uk.."

Edit: Never mind, it's finally loaded :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Rtcw
No, I photographed using phone then used computer to upload the picture.

Check that the photo is the right way round.
Reply 549
Original post by Pterodactyl
Check that the photo is the right way round.

It is, I'll try to upload again tomorrow
Reply 550
I got my warwick email address, but was wondering what the hell the password was because I can only use through the warwick website?
Reply 551
Original post by MatteoG
I got my warwick email address, but was wondering what the hell the password was because I can only use through the warwick website?

Does the password in the format of DD/MM/YYYY work?
Reply 552
Original post by Rtcw
Does the password in the format of DD/MM/YYYY work?

Nah, guess you can only use it on the warwick website because hotmail says it doesn't exist
When we upload the photo, is it meant to take up the whole of the square it shows it in? i.e. When uploaded, there is a lot of white space between the photo and the edge of the box so will it appear really small on the student card?

Edit: I tried converting the photo to a different format and then reuploading it, but now it says it's unable to find a face. After this I tried reuploading the same photo I initially uploaded and it said it couldn't find a face, even though it's already accepted it???
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 554
Pfft. You guys need some EXCITEMENT instead of just enrolment talks :tongue:

Hot off the press :biggrin: (i.e. I just finished making it :erm: ) . WARWICK STUDENT CINEMA presents to you, Autumn Term 2013 :awesome:

Click here to find out what and when we are showing :smile:

For all you guys that don't subscribe to the initial freshers events, The Hangover Part 3 and Olympus Has Fallen are completely FREE for EVERYBODY! :biggrin: . Tickets after that are £2.50 for members :yep:

Any questions, just ask! :ahee:
Original post by Nirgilis
Pfft. You guys need some EXCITEMENT instead of just enrolment talks :tongue:

Hot off the press :biggrin: (i.e. I just finished making it :erm: ) . WARWICK STUDENT CINEMA presents to you, Autumn Term 2013 :awesome:

Click here to find out what and when we are showing :smile:

For all you guys that don't subscribe to the initial freshers events, The Hangover Part 3 and Olympus Has Fallen are completely FREE for EVERYBODY! :biggrin: . Tickets after that are £2.50 for members :yep:

Any questions, just ask! :ahee:

Well done on the video :biggrin:. Just one thing though, I didn't see any scenes from One Direction's This is Us :cry2:.
You've actually got some pretty good films screened there, I wasn't expecting that.
Original post by mypride
Same here....
---------------------------------
Does Warwick provide desk lamps in our rooms? I can't live without one.

Yes, they do.
Original post by MatteoG
Nah, guess you can only use it on the warwick website because hotmail says it doesn't exist

It's not a hotmail account. It's an office365 account. See the Ask Absolutely Anything thread for information about how to access it through other clients.
Reply 559
Yay!! Enrolled. I feel v fancy with my Warwick email address. :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest