The Student Room Group

MSc adult nursing UWS 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
You've received leaflets from them? Lol :-p

I've had nothing.
its really good we have forums like this to help each other out, feel a bit in limbo, not having any occupational health checks or a pvg through yet, and "that timetable" lol, it's a disaster.
Mayb
Reply 141
Maybe we could all meet up on the 16th around 8.45 and try and find where to go?
Reply 142
I e-mailed to ask about the "timetable", and they replied to say that they hadn't provided any information about timetables yet so they weren't too sure where this information came from. She said that we will be in class from Wed to Fri from the w/c 23rd of Sept until w/c 11th Nov and that they will be in touch soon with all the details!
Reply 143
Original post by Deone247
Maybe we could all meet up on the 16th around 8.45 and try and find where to go?

That sounds like a good idea.
Reply 144
Original post by Lyns87
I e-mailed to ask about the "timetable", and they replied to say that they hadn't provided any information about timetables yet so they weren't too sure where this information came from. She said that we will be in class from Wed to Fri from the w/c 23rd of Sept until w/c 11th Nov and that they will be in touch soon with all the details!

Soon? It will have to be, we have less than 2 weeks.
Original post by Lyns87

Thanks for doing that. I don't think I knew what any of my timetables/schedules were like for my previous degrees prior to me actually having registered on my courses. However, I definitely had induction info a month before I had to be on campus. Maybe they will email it or something soon. This is only the 2nd year the MSc has been running so I try and give them the benefit of the doubt.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 146
Original post by futurenurse
Thanks for doing that. I don't think I knew what any of my timetables/schedules were like for my previous degrees prior to me actually having registered on my courses. However, I definitely had induction info a month before I had to be on campus. Maybe they will email it or something soon. This is only the 2nd year the MSc has been running so I try and give them the benefit of the doubt.

I can't remember when I found out about induction for my last degree but I don't remember being concerned 2 weeks before because I didn't know.
Reply 147
I really don't think we need to worry, they'll let us know where to meet for induction and if not then I'd expect it'll just be the study area at the Caird building and we can find people from there. :smile: Anyway, if we've not heard by the end of next week its just a matter of calling to check.

There's no point in stressing over it at this stage, we all know we're in and the rest will all fall into place during induction. Dont think anyone expected to know any timetables 'til then anyway! :smile:
I had my induction today, was really informative about the course. It's a pretty full on course, most days being 9am-4pm. The student nurses there said the work load can be overwhelming but if you're determined then it'll be rewarding in the end and all the staff and fellow students were really friendly and helpful :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 149
Hi! Does anyone know what days we'll be in from the 23rd for the Paisley campus? Trying to get information from the uni is a nightmare and I need to let the nursery know what days my daughter will be in. Thanks
Reply 150
Aw cool! How come you've had yours so early? Did they happen to mention placement and whether we choose which hospital is closest to home or if they decide for us?
Reply 151
Aw cool! How come you've had yours so early? Did they happen to mention placement and whether we choose which hospital is closest to home or if they decide for us?

I was told at interview we could choose which health board our placements would be in (Ayrshire, Lanarkshire or Glasgow). They weren't very clear but the gave me the impression it could be anywhere within the health board.
Reply 152
That would be good because I'm only 5 minutes in the car from the main glasgow hospitals :-)

I think it was just a chance to meet everyone and tell us more about the course because we still have our induction week on the 16th.

Not much was said about placements other than you get told 4 weeks in advance where you are going. You can put down a preference (say you can't drive) but the student nurses there said it doesn't make much difference because they can still send you anywhere. Travel expenses can be paid for, and if you want to stay at a B&B or something like that instead then they cover that too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 154
I just checked the induction timetable again on the UWS website and they've updated it with room numbers!

Meeting on Monday 16th in Room 2.7 with Iris Wilson and Madge Russell. Found it here - http://www.uws.ac.uk/current-students/induction-and-enrolment/induction-timetables/ I'd assume it's in C2.7 as I think most of the nursing classes are in the Caird building. I'm so excited now!! :biggrin:
Reply 155
Original post by ChrisEmma
I just checked the induction timetable again on the UWS website and they've updated it with room numbers!

Meeting on Monday 16th in Room 2.7 with Iris Wilson and Madge Russell. Found it here - http://www.uws.ac.uk/current-students/induction-and-enrolment/induction-timetables/ I'd assume it's in C2.7 as I think most of the nursing classes are in the Caird building. I'm so excited now!! :biggrin:

Oh good :smile:. I think you're right that C means Caird building and I gues the 2 means the floor. I really just need to get the first day over with now.
Reply 156
Just got an email from Beverley Young with all of the induction and course information on it - if anyone hasnt got it then I can email it on to you :smile:
Reply 157
Original post by ChrisEmma
Just got an email from Beverley Young with all of the induction and course information on it - if anyone hasnt got it then I can email it on to you :smile:

I've got the e-mail too. All I need now is to have the rota for my first placement and I can try and sort things out with my boss.
Reply 158
Well at least we've got the timetable for the first few weeks - that's a start I suppose!

The timetable on the course overview looks really intensive, wasn't that concerned before but now I'm so nervous!!! Can't wait to just get started!
Reply 159
It's actually lighter than I thought, had imagined 5 days a week. Are we all just meeting at C2.7 then?

This may be a silly question but was everyone planning to wear on the first day. I've been wondering how casual to go and if the dress code would just be like any student.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending