The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

A2B

can the birmingham a2b allow someone with ABB to gain a place at medical school?
Reply 1
Original post by hipered301
can the birmingham a2b allow someone with ABB to gain a place at medical school?

Not at all. The grade reduction is dependent on what A levels you have done, your personal circumstances, which school you went to and how popular the subject is. Medicine is crazy competitive so the A2B perk is the removal of the 7A* GCSE requirement usually.
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
Original post by MSI_10
Not at all. The grade reduction is dependent on what A levels you have done, your personal circumstances, which school you went to and how popular the subject is. Medicine is crazy competitive so the A2B perk is the removal of the 7A* GCSE requirement usually.

I think Birmingham no longer have a 7 A*s at GCSE requirement.

Current typical offer for Medicine at Birmingham is A*AA and the A2B scheme lowers this by 2 grades so if you pass the A2B modules you could be offered AAB.

So no they wont allow someone with ABB in.
Reply 3
Original post by ChemEng

Current typical offer for Medicine at Birmingham is A*AA and the A2B scheme lowers this by 2 grades so if you pass the A2B modules you could be offered AAB.

Thanks
Reply 4
Original post by ChemEng

They don't reduce medicine by 2 grades

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending