The Student Room Group

TSR Non-Drinkers Freshers Thread 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 620
Original post by GracieIsCrazy
I'm going to Aberdeen university and all the freshers page talks about is this huge clubbing icebreaker /: so I figure that's the best night to make some friends who are similar to me, just see who's left on campus :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey! I'm going to Aberdeen too and I'm not huge on going out and getting drunk every night. I do like to go clubbing, but not as often as a lot of other people, haha. What are you going to be studying? :smile:
Good to see this thread is still going strong!
Reply 622
Original post by frappe framboise
Are any of you kindred-spirits going to King's College London?

I'm truly dreading Fresher's Week, what with not being a drinker and having never been to a club in my life (and don't wish to!) me thinks I'll end up hiding in my room thus becoming a recluse...

Oh woe is me! :sad:

Heyy there, I'm going King's. I have never been clubbing either and I don't drink. I am finding the thought of going to Fresher's very scary.. I would literally be standing there not having a clue what to do :frown:
Reply 623
Original post by B182NP44
Heyy there, I'm going King's. I have never been clubbing either and I don't drink. I am finding the thought of going to Fresher's very scary.. I would literally be standing there not having a clue what to do :frown:

Your not alone mate, where you staying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 624
Original post by carehow
It's a long shot, but anyone at Leeds? :3

Posted from TSR Mobile

Heey! I'm going Leeds too :biggrin: Dreading it though! :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 625
Anyone at Huddersfield?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just found out my flat mates are the partying and drinking kind of people, this year should be great fun for me now :redface:
Reply 627
This is probably a massive long shot, but anyone going to Exeter Falmouth Campus, I don't drink a lot and it would be nice to know there are other people who think the same :smile:
Original post by Squirb
Bath, anyone?

God that sounds creepy

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me!
Reply 629
Hull? :biggrin:
Original post by B182NP44

Ditto. I know this sounds stupid but I've been feeling so overwhelmed by the whole Fresher's Week idea I burst into tears when my friend asked me if I was looking forward to Uni... lol.

I'm dreading it and it's only a week'ish away :sad:
Reply 631
Original post by Pinkhead
Me!

Same! What are you studying? Im doing physics :smile:
Original post by emjaywoo
Same! What are you studying? Im doing physics :smile:

Nice, I'm doing mechanical engineering. I haven't got my accommodation yet though :angry:
Reply 633
Original post by Pinkhead
Nice, I'm doing mechanical engineering. I haven't got my accommodation yet though :angry:

Really? I'm in eastwood just so you know! Hope you find out soon!
Reply 634
Original post by GracieIsCrazy
I'm going to Aberdeen university and all the freshers page talks about is this huge clubbing icebreaker /: so I figure that's the best night to make some friends who are similar to me, just see who's left on campus :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by angelooo
Hey! I'm going to Aberdeen too and I'm not huge on going out and getting drunk every night. I do like to go clubbing, but not as often as a lot of other people, haha. What are you going to be studying? :smile:

I'm going to Aberdeen as well. I'm not so big on drinking or clubbing, and I'm under 18, so I can't go out drinking/clubbing even if I wanted to :tongue:
Reply 635
Original post by Malovic
I'm going to Aberdeen as well. I'm not so big on drinking or clubbing, and I'm under 18, so I can't go out drinking/clubbing even if I wanted to :tongue:

Are you on the facebook group for aberdeen freshers this year? :smile:
What will you be studying?
Reply 636
Original post by angelooo
Are you on the facebook group for aberdeen freshers this year? :smile:
What will you be studying?

Yeah, are you? :smile:
And I'll be studying microbiology, which should hopefully be pretty interesting.
Original post by MrCake001
This is probably a massive long shot, but anyone going to Exeter Falmouth Campus, I don't drink a lot and it would be nice to know there are other people who think the same :smile:

That was my insurance!! I was going to geog but I'm going to York instead!
Anyone going to Reading? I love this thread :smile: Gives me hope for Fresher's week!
Original post by truecolours995
I'm going to York uni as well!!! I don't drink much either so freshers week makes me quite nervous, also not a clubbing person- what college are you in? what are you studying? glad to know I'm not alone in not drinking much :smile:

I'm going to York and I don't really drink (I'm quite small so physically cannot drink that much!) I'm doing environmental geog and I'm at Derwent! What are you doing? :smile: Have either of you bought the uni fresher tickets things for the three main events?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending