The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Freshers 2013 Megathread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nirgilis
Pfft. You guys need some EXCITEMENT instead of just enrolment talks :tongue:

Hot off the press :biggrin: (i.e. I just finished making it :erm: ) . WARWICK STUDENT CINEMA presents to you, Autumn Term 2013 :awesome:

Click here to find out what and when we are showing :smile:

For all you guys that don't subscribe to the initial freshers events, The Hangover Part 3 and Olympus Has Fallen are completely FREE for EVERYBODY! :biggrin: . Tickets after that are £2.50 for members :yep:

Any questions, just ask! :ahee:

Is the fact that the mystery film link points to the IMDB page for King Kong deliberate/indicative of anything?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Can anybody that has previously done the financial section (or has just done it) give me some help?

What on earth do I have to actually do? I have enrolled, I am on that eVision Portal and there is a page titled: Student Finance where I am apparently supposed to pay my fees. Shall I just wait for a while until something is meant to update because I have no idea what accommodation I am in yet so I don't know the costs etc... Do student finance deal with my tuition fees also?
Reply 562
Original post by BlueSam3
Is the fact that the mystery film link points to the IMDB page for King Kong deliberate/indicative of anything?

That's deliberate :tongue: . It's there to make you THINK that it'll be King Kong, unless you happen to be part of this thread :tongue: .

I was fortunate enough to come across the shortlist of the actual mystery films in my general browsing of the Films Officer's personal documents :lol: . He's since changed them :emo:

Have you been to the AllNighter before then? :smile:

Original post by Ryan Gregg
Can anybody that has previously done the financial section (or has just done it) give me some help?

What on earth do I have to actually do? I have enrolled, I am on that eVision Portal and there is a page titled: Student Finance where I am apparently supposed to pay my fees. Shall I just wait for a while until something is meant to update because I have no idea what accommodation I am in yet so I don't know the costs etc... Do student finance deal with my tuition fees also?

If you have filled in the enrolment form saying the Student Finance will pay your fees, then you need to do nothing else :yep: . They'll pay them automatically.

If you set up a direct debit on your start.warwick for acommodation, then that will be taken out automatically in the 3rd week of October :yep: (21st if my memory serves correct).
Reply 563
Does anyone know about the Sport facilities, can you use the facilities without paying the £55 Sports Membership? Like, just go a few times and pay a single fee each time? Because I want to go to the gym but I don't know if I'll have the time (or energy :colondollar: ) to go enough for £55 to be worth it :tongue:
When do we set up paying for accommodation? After we've found out what accommodation it is were accepted for?
Reply 565
Original post by Callum17
Does anyone know about the Sport facilities, can you use the facilities without paying the £55 Sports Membership? Like, just go a few times and pay a single fee each time? Because I want to go to the gym but I don't know if I'll have the time (or energy :colondollar: ) to go enough for £55 to be worth it :tongue:

You can indeed :smile: . It'll be about £3-£4 a go though :tongue: . Just walk up to reception and ask to visit the gym :yep:

Original post by PeytonLouise
When do we set up paying for accommodation? After we've found out what accommodation it is were accepted for?

You will get an email about it in due time. Once you have access to start.warwick, go to your student records online, then student finance, then, on the right hand side, there's a direct debit option. Set up a direct debit there and your accommodation fees will be payed automatically (you'll get an email beforehand of course :tongue: ).
That's deliberate :tongue: . It's there to make you THINK that it'll be King Kong, unless you happen to be part of this thread :tongue: .

I was fortunate enough to come across the shortlist of the actual mystery films in my general browsing of the Films Officer's personal documents :lol: . He's since changed them :emo:

Have you been to the AllNighter before then? :smile:

Unfortunately not - so far, WSC have a perfect record of scheduling them on nights I can't make.

If you have filled in the enrolment form saying the Student Finance will pay your fees, then you need to do nothing else :yep: . They'll pay them automatically.

For student source of funding, is it the option:

Fee paid in full by SLC/LEA - England, Wales, EU?

It is slightly worrying that I can't even figure this stuff out...
Reply 568
Unfortunately not - so far, WSC have a perfect record of scheduling them on nights I can't make.

They're so worth it if you can make it! :smile:

Original post by Ryan Gregg
For student source of funding, is it the option:

Fee paid in full by SLC/LEA - England, Wales, EU?

It is slightly worrying that I can't even figure this stuff out...

Yes.

And don't worry :h: . Every student finds enrolment the most difficult time of the year :lol: . It's so unnecessarily complicated :tongue:
Reply 569
On the student finance page I clicked no as SLC wasn't showing do I just leave this now? I confirmed my loan ages ago an thought it would be showing by now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 570
Pfft. You guys need some EXCITEMENT instead of just enrolment talks :tongue:

Hot off the press :biggrin: (i.e. I just finished making it :erm: ) . WARWICK STUDENT CINEMA presents to you, Autumn Term 2013 :awesome:

Click here to find out what and when we are showing :smile:

For all you guys that don't subscribe to the initial freshers events, The Hangover Part 3 and Olympus Has Fallen are completely FREE for EVERYBODY! :biggrin: . Tickets after that are £2.50 for members :yep:

Any questions, just ask! :ahee:

Can I just set up permanent residence in the cinema?! :biggrin: Great job with the editing too. How do you become a member?
Reply 571
Anyone know what happens if I don't submit a photo for my ID today? I can't find my passport photos anywhere and well I look too terrible right now to take one haha
Original post by sara :D
Anyone know what happens if I don't submit a photo for my ID today? I can't find my passport photos anywhere and well I look too terrible right now to take one haha

They've extended it to the 12 or 13th. :biggrin:
I'm confused. Student finance will be paying for my tuition fees but I do not know which statement to tick - ''I wish to pay by installments'' or ''I wish to pay my fees upfront and not by installments''.
Reply 574
Original post by FrustratedGirl
They've extended it to the 12 or 13th. :biggrin:

Really?? Where does it say this :eek:
Reply 575
I haven't gotten my enrolment email yet, is it could because I haven't uploaded a picture yet? Uploading pictures won't work for me because their software keep saying there's no face on my pictures.
Original post by sara :D
Really?? Where does it say this :eek:

Here.
Reply 576
Original post by Rtcw
I haven't gotten my enrolment email yet, is it could because I haven't uploaded a picture yet? Uploading pictures won't work for me because their software keep saying there's no face on my pictures.

Here.

Woo thanks!
Original post by Nostromo
Can I just set up permanent residence in the cinema?! :biggrin:

The lecturers that use it during the day might have some issues with that.

Great job with the editing too. How do you become a member?

Same as any other society, or you can just join up on the door (and there's literally no reason ever to not do that, since it costs the same either way).

I'm confused. Student finance will be paying for my tuition fees but I do not know which statement to tick - ''I wish to pay by installments'' or ''I wish to pay my fees upfront and not by installments''.

IIRC, you should check the latter, but check first with SFE/SLC/Warwick.
Reply 578

I remember clicking the bottom one I think it says in point d if slc are paying might be a different one though

Posted from TSR Mobile
The lecturers that use it during the day might have some issues with that.<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Same as any other society, or you can just join up on the door (and there's literally no reason ever to not do that, since it costs the same either way).<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
IIRC, you should check the latter, but check first with SFE/SLC/Warwick.
<br />
<br />

Original post by mike380
I remember clicking the bottom one I think it says in point d if slc are paying might be a different one though <br />
<br />
<br />
<font size="1"><a href="http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/app" target="_blank">Posted from TSR Mobile</a></font>
<br />
<br />

Oh thank you. It also stated that if you have took out a tuition fee loan with student finance click the latter. So should I choose that option?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending