The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Scroll to see replies

Err, bit of a stupid question but I got an email asking for my time preferences/availability for workshops. Only thing is I don't know the rest of my timetable? Unless I'm supposed to know already?

Maybe it's in MyEd somewhere and I can't see it. :frown:

Edit: Yep, found it in there somehow, nevermind!
(edited 10 years ago)
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Can someone please tell me if attending freshers week is compulsory?
I found this on the website , but this is not for mine department.

Can i just turn up on the 16th ?

Your Induction Week starts on Monday, 9 September 2013, and University accommodation is available from the previous weekend. You must attend, as induction and registering is a compulsory part of your MSc programme.

Thanks
Reply 642
Original post by Opasniipocik
Can someone please tell me if attending freshers week is compulsory?
I found this on the website , but this is not for mine department.

Can i just turn up on the 16th ?

Your Induction Week starts on Monday, 9 September 2013, and University accommodation is available from the previous weekend. You must attend, as induction and registering is a compulsory part of your MSc programme.

Thanks

I'm fairly sure the welcome meeting and meeting with tutor, as well as any other introductory events you may have, are compulsory.
Reply 643
Hi! I am sure, I have seen a map of UoE venues, such as Potterrow or Teviot, but I cannot find it anymore. Anyone knows where it may be?
Original post by Promilla
Hi! I am sure, I have seen a map of UoE venues, such as Potterrow or Teviot, but I cannot find it anymore. Anyone knows where it may be?
Was this it? http://www.ed.ac.uk/polopoly_fs/1.20490!fileManager/campus_maps.pdf

I'd imagine there would be physical copies we can take during Fresher's week, too.
Reply 645
Okay, im in the following situation: i fell really ill yesterday and am incapable of travelling (i can reach edinburgh only by plane). I am not sure if ill be better by the induction week. Anybody have any idea what to do...?
Original post by Pera
Okay, im in the following situation: i fell really ill yesterday and am incapable of travelling (i can reach edinburgh only by plane). I am not sure if ill be better by the induction week. Anybody have any idea what to do...?

The only thing you can do: sit it out and hope you get better

It's not a nice situation, but really it's the only optimistic thing you can do!
Original post by KatieGorrie
Anyone firmed psychology? :smile:

I'm doing psychology! Are you studying Ma or Bsc?
Original post by Pera

Contact the University about you situation, also I think you can specify your conditions to the air company and take with yourself some medication. Hope you'll get better to fly at least, if it hasn't yet happened :smile:
Reply 649
Okay im in the same situation for the freshers I was only confirmed yesterday and I am unable to attend freshers week because of family situation and work as I've only been able to tell them I will be leaving them by next week. I cant find my timetable anywhere on myed as I really need to know the start date for moving my stuff up to Edinburgh as I'm moving into my aunties house and I really need to tell her. If anyone could help me that would be fantastic!
Hey guys,
I have also booked some accomodation in Beaverbank (with mansion student), but due to a change of plans I can't make it this year. To break up the contract, I need to find a new tenant, in order not to pay for noone to live there. Here's the info on $$:

£160 per week, 44 weeks, total of £6,980

If anyone is interested, e-mail me or write here, please help guys! :s-smilie:
did they sent the matriculation form to your personal email or the dedicated student email account?
Original post by jaynnmmmhouse
did they sent the matriculation form to your personal email or the dedicated student email account?

Mine was sent to my Edinburgh student email

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jaynnmmmhouse

Mine was sent to my Edinburgh student email account

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KeithyDee
Firmed for Computer Science.

hi, i am a 2014 candidate, hoping for computer science in Edinburgh, currently going IB school. could you please tell me something more about your predictions? and how was with the competition. Also which other unis you had in your application?

Thanks a lot

Latest

Trending

Trending