The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Boy_wonder_95
It would be Biology A2 for me.

Yes :smile: ...I'm with you.
Bio is way too boring.
Original post by NedStark
So with all the people dropping out, what's the smallest class you guys have got? For me it's Economics with 7 people. I love small classes so much.

For me it's Physics - 4 people, then it's Maths & Further Maths - 7 people, and then there's Economics with 10 people.
Original post by TheKingOfTSR
Yes :smile: ...I'm with you.
Bio is way too boring.

Don't you wanna do Medicine though?
Awaiting my PS help reply! :nervous:
Original post by lilGem
anything is better than my old laptop, as long as it does what I need it to do I'll be happy :h:

:smile:. Do you like populations and ecology?
Reply 2645
Original post by keromedic
:smile:. Do you like populations and ecology?

It's far from my favourite topics, I did like the population genetics though :smile:
Original post by lilGem
It's far from my favourite topics, I did like the population genetics though :smile:

That's cool. What's ur fav bio molecule?
Guys! I need help, how would i differentiate this ? (2x to the power of 3 minus 5) to the power of a half, and then find the stationary points?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BarbaraChante
Guys! I need help, how would i differentiate this ? (2x to the power of 3 minus 5) to the power of a half, and then find the stationary points?

Posted from TSR Mobile

This:

(2x35)12(2x^3-5)^\frac{1}{2} ?

You have a function of a function, so use the chain rule. :smile:

Then remember, stationary points occur where the gradient equals 0.
Should i use the rule dy over dx equals dy over dt multiplied by dt over dx?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2650
That's cool. What's ur fav bio molecule?

probably peptides and amino acids as micro and same for macro with proteins :smile:
Original post by BarbaraChante
Should i use the rule dy over dx equals dy over dt multiplied by dt over dx?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes - the chain rule.
Original post by Endless Blue
Awaiting my PS help reply! :nervous:

Why nervous? Is it your first draft?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dimples_ND
Why nervous? Is it your first draft?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, I've had my feedback. It was a decent first draft but I need to strengthen some of the content more, cut a few bits out, give more relevant examples and make the introduction and conclusion a bit stronger/more punchy. I've got a lot of thinking to do!
Original post by Endless Blue
Yes, I've had my feedback. It was a decent first draft but I need to strengthen some of the content more, cut a few bits out, give more relevant examples and make the introduction and conclusion a bit stronger/more punchy. I've got a lot of thinking to do!

Aww I'm sure you'll get it :smile:
I finished my first draft and it's 48 lines and like a little over 4000 characters
So it can be annoying when cutting some bits out. :L
What course you planing on doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2655
Does anyone know where I can find chemical work experience, or experience related to chemistry?
Original post by SyedaK
Does anyone know where I can find chemical work experience, or experience related to chemistry?

There might be something here.
My friend did a placement with nuffield last yr, iirc.
Reply 2657
There might be something here.
My friend did a placement with nuffield last yr, iirc.

Thank you so much!
My computer just crashed on me as I was writing a part of my EPQ... :colonhash: Have to rewrite it all now as it didn't autosave either, gah! :mad:
Original post by usycool1
My computer just crashed on me as I was writing a part of my EPQ... :colonhash: Have to rewrite it all now as it didn't autosave either, gah! :mad:

Aw that must be so frustrating :frown: A similar thing happened with my biology coursework this year, I had just finished my final draft feeling very relieved and proud of myself...turns out it didn't save so I had to do a massive chunk again :unimpressed:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest