The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yes, you have to declare all exams taken, even if you got a U. To do otherwise can lead to your who application being deemed fraudulent, with all the implications that that brings

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Oh no I won't be able to apply until I get replacement certificates then will I?

Posted from TSR Mobile
No you can apply now but you will need to bring proof of your results at some point
Reply 4
i have put my english, maths and science results on my ucas form but i wont be able to put the other subjects on there until i receive the replacement certificates and know for certain what the grades were. Or would it be worth contacting the Universities and explaining the situation and see what they advise?

Original post by squeakysquirrel
No you can apply now but you will need to bring proof of your results at some point
Original post by traceyed1
i have put my english, maths and science results on my ucas form but i wont be able to put the other subjects on there until i receive the replacement certificates and know for certain what the grades were. Or would it be worth contacting the Universities and explaining the situation and see what they advise?

I would contact your school - they may have records and will certainly know which boards you did. To get replacement certificates only takes a couple of weeks ( and costs a fortune).

If you are applying for next years entry you still have loads of time. You certainly don't want to undersell yourself by leaving off your exams or by putting incorrect details.
Reply 6
I know which boards i need to contact as i spoke to someone i went to school with and they looked at their certificates. I left school in 1996 so my school wouldn't have any records of me i don't think. Getting replacement certificates is going to be a pain as i now have to find my marriage certificate as i have a different name now to when i did the exams grrrr so annoyed i had my exam certificates for years and now i need them they go missing!
I know which boards i need to contact as i spoke to someone i went to school with and they looked at their certificates. I left school in 1996 so my school wouldn't have any records of me i don't think. Getting replacement certificates is going to be a pain as i now have to find my marriage certificate as i have a different name now to when i did the exams grrrr so annoyed i had my exam certificates for years and now i need them they go missing!

I'm afraid it will be quite costly as well. You're quite sure you've searched everywhere?
Reply 8
Original post by carnationlilyrose
I'm afraid it will be quite costly as well. You're quite sure you've searched everywhere?

Oh yes i have searched high and low for them they have disappeared i am so annoyed as i had them for so long without needing them then when i do...Gone!
Oh yes i have searched high and low for them they have disappeared i am so annoyed as i had them for so long without needing them then when i do...Gone!
I'm very sorry. Life is unaccountably like that.
Reply 10
If you contact the school you sat them at, there's a chance they might still have them on record.

Can't you call your exam centre or your school for your grades, because I remember misplacing my exam results and asking my school to print me another copy.
Original post by abubakar261
Can't you call your exam centre or your school for your grades, because I remember misplacing my exam results and asking my school to print me another copy.

OP left school 17 years ago. They won't have kept records that long.
OP left school 17 years ago. They won't have kept records that long.

oh, my bad but it is worth a try :smile:
oh, my bad but it is worth a try :smile:

Indeed, it's all I can think of, too, but it's unlikely to help.

OP, can you use the memories of your classmates to at least recall which exam boards were used? Bear in mind also that several exam boards operating then have been subsumed into others. AEB went into AQA for example.
Indeed, it's all I can think of, too, but it's unlikely to help.

OP, can you use the memories of your classmates to at least recall which exam boards were used? Bear in mind also that several exam boards operating then have been subsumed into others. AEB went into AQA for example.

what do you mean?
what do you mean?

I saying that she might be able to find out from her friends at least which boards to contact to get the results, but that some boards don't exist any more and have been taken over by other boards so she will have to contact the new boards to access the records of the ones which don't exist now.
Reply 17
Thanks everyone for your advice. My husband has found them!! I am so relieved! Panic over :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks everyone for your advice. My husband has found them!! I am so relieved! Panic over :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hooray for husbands!
I hope your prospective employer doesn't read this as I would be concerned at someone not remembering them, as it is only at most likely to be twelve exam results to remember.

Latest

Trending

Trending