The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2740
Original post by Barry2011
Quick question here, I got a C in my Maths GCSE but after looking at some University courses; I may require a B and I'm wondering when can I do a Maths GCSE resit, I would prefer not to do it in June/July as I have tons of exams and I have read of November exams but i'm not fully sure on what's the deadline for entry in those and what the price is, The exam board at my sixth form is Edexcel.

Thanks very much for any help and If you could send me a link to a timetable then that would be hugely appreciated, I couldn't find a Edexcel one online although I did manage to find a AQA one.

There's no January exams

Just retake it. It's something in the region of £12 a paper

It's either resit or face a rejection by universities for not meeting requirements

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jkizer
There's no January exams

Just retake it. It's something in the region of £12 a paper

It's either resit or face a rejection by universities for not meeting requirements

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/Documents/6510_GCSE_November_2013_timetable_final_v1.pdf

Just found this? So as a sixth form student, I wouldn't be able to book myself in and sit a Maths exam?
Reply 2742
http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/Documents/6510_GCSE_November_2013_timetable_final_v1.pdf

Just found this? So as a sixth form student, I wouldn't be able to book myself in and sit a Maths exam?

Ahh forgot about Gce and Gcse reforms !

Should be ok, some colleges/schools don't have jan exams so be aware
Though I imagine many sixth forms being flexible.

I suggest using videos such as Maths247 to help your studies !! Are you only resitting 1 maths exam ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jkizer
Ahh forgot about Gce and Gcse reforms !

Should be ok, some colleges/schools don't have jan exams so be aware
Though I imagine many sixth forms being flexible.

I suggest using videos such as Maths247 to help your studies !! Are you only resitting 1 maths exam ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm going to be doing Maths Linear as that's what I did last year, A quick question about Universities, Once I get my GCSE results back in January; Would I be able to then tell that University about my Grade B in Maths GCSE or would I have to wait until January before applying for a course but then would that be tool late?

Some courses stated preferred "B" and I just want to cover all my options.

Sorry for all the questions, My sixth form are useless at helping me. :mad:
Reply 2744
I'm going to be doing Maths Linear as that's what I did last year, A quick question about Universities, Once I get my GCSE results back in January; Would I be able to then tell that University about my Grade B in Maths GCSE or would I have to wait until January before applying for a course but then would that be tool late?

Some courses stated preferred "B" and I just want to cover all my options.

Sorry for all the questions, My sixth form are useless at helping me. :mad:

I think you put in your grades for maths as pending or something which will show the university your retaking

They will probably make it clear in the entry they want Grade B for maths. So you will have to send it without knowledge of your grade
If you screw it up you may have to resit it again :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jkizer
I think you put in your grades for maths as pending or something which will show the university your retaking

They will probably make it clear in the entry they want Grade B for maths. So you will have to send it without knowledge of your grade
If you screw it up you may have to resit it again :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok, Thanks for so much help, It means a lot. :smile:

Last couple of questions., What's the ideal time to apply for University and If your going Uni this year, When will be you be applying?

Also, When do I make my UCAS account, My sixth form haven't mentioned anything to me.
Original post by usycool1
University choices! :afraid:

If you're thinking about applying to university and want your choices in the list below, quote this post and I'll add them in for you! :biggrin:

Information you may wish to add:

What course you're going to apply for.

Your AS subjects (and grades if you like).

Your A2 subjects (and predicted/actual grades if you want to).

What universities you're thinking of applying to and their decisions (when it comes to that).

University courses

If you'd like to make any changes, just quote me. :h:

hi

AS Subjects: Maths, Further maths, Additional Further Maths, Chemistry, Physics, ICT,
A2 Subjects: Maths, Further maths, Additional Further Maths, Physics
University choices: Cambridge, Warwick, Imperial, LSE, Bristol

Applying For maths at uni btw
Original post by GaloisCircles
hi

AS Subjects: Maths, Further maths, Additional Further Maths, Chemistry, Physics, ICT,
A2 Subjects: Maths, Further maths, Additional Further Maths, Physics
University choices: Cambridge, Warwick, Imperial, LSE, Bristol

Done! :biggrin:
Done! :biggrin:

Maths is increasing in popularity...
Original post by Boy_wonder_95

Worrying lol!

I had decided on maths since year 10...probably not the best decision (competitively)!
Original post by Boy_wonder_95

What do you want to do?
I love the TSR PS help service! I think my new draft is much, much better :yep:
Just surpassed the 3k post mark!
Original post by Endless Blue
I love the TSR PS help service! I think my new draft is much, much better :yep:

Are you going to give IN the 2nd draft?

Just surpassed the 3k post mark!

Congrats! :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Hi everyone!

My name's Evariste..

..:colone:
Original post by keromedic
Are you going to give the the 2nd draft?

Congrats! :smile:

To whom?

And thanks! :smile:

To anyone who has done an EPQ, how much detail did you go into about it in your PS? I'm pretty short on characters, and I'm not sure whether to a) mention the title? b) explain the skills I've developed from it/will develop, in my case :tongue: or how that's made me more interested in my course, or both..

I believe you have done one - have you got any thoughts? :smile:
To whom?

And thanks! :smile:

To anyone who has done an EPQ, how much detail did you go into about it in your PS? I'm pretty short on characters, and I'm not sure whether to a) mention the title? b) explain the skills I've developed from it/will develop, in my case :tongue: or how that's made me more interested in my course, or both..

TSR.
DMI
Reply 2758
Original post by GaloisCircles
Hi everyone!

My name's Evariste..

..:colone:

What a name! Welcome to our lair

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
Original post by keromedic
TSR.
DMI

I'll see if they can look at my final draft again but as I can't be sure I will also show it to my school :smile:

Latest