Alright so far! Haven't done anything too tedious yet :h:

Ahh good, that sounds promising. :smile:
Reply 4441
Original post by Lucas.
Ahh good, that sounds promising. :smile:

Only done evolution of society thus far, next lesson in on Tuesday so :h:
Reply 4442
Original post by Georgiecat
I mean in biology class :tongue: Sorry, I didn't make that too clear! But as for subjects I'm doing bio, chem, maths and geog.

oh lol, enzymes
Reply 4443
Original post by Mr.Nor
Only done evolution of society thus far, next lesson in on Tuesday so :h:

Well if I have it on Monday, I'll get back to you on what I did. :smile: On our Induction Day (back on July 2nd) we did some work on Slavery. :tongue:
Reply 4444
Original post by Lucas.
Well if I have it on Monday, I'll get back to you on what I did. :smile: On our Induction Day (back on July 2nd) we did some work on Slavery. :tongue:

I don't even know what I'm doing next haha
Original post by usycool1
x

Nope, that's wrong :frown:

A hint I was given - think about the real part of the equation, and the imaginary part. (If you're still interested in doing it :tongue:)
anyone got any advice on remarks? I need 3 more raw marks to go up to an a* in English language and to go down to a b I'd have to drop 10 marks on the exam. Do you know anyone who's grade has ever changed by that much? I'm not much of a risk taker so I just want to make a really informed decision aha :colondollar:
Original post by NinjaPandaa
anyone got any advice on remarks? I need 3 more raw marks to go up to an a* in English language and to go down to a b I'd have to drop 10 marks on the exam. Do you know anyone who's grade has ever changed by that much? I'm not much of a risk taker so I just want to make a really informed decision aha :colondollar:

I assume there will be mixed results, some people going up and some going down, maybe even staying the same. A part of me thinks the system is corrupt and we're paying for extra marks, I hope that's true haha :tongue: I don't know any success stories but either way, do you think you did better than what you were graded at? I'm looking at a bunch of remarking too since i'm 2ums off a B in History, 1 ums off an A in Business, and 2ums off a B in Literature. Is this going to be expensive? :colondollar: If everything goes pear shaped we've got a bunch of ums leeway, but I know we both still want to keep that, plus i doubt it would come to that.. just have to go with your gut I guess.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by SophieB1997
Most of the time we have the same subject for two lessons in a row so it's like having hour long lessons. I only like having single lessons in subjects I don't like 'cause they go so quickly, but I don't have any subjects I dislike anymore :tongue:

Ah, that makes sense :tongue: I know, it's great to think that I'll never have to learn certain subjects again :biggrin:
I NEED ADVICE! I've started college but i want to change two of my a levels but my college won't allow a subject change until the end of the month meaning i'll miss a WHOLE months of work :/. Shall i leave the college and join a sixth form which is no where near as credited as this college I'm already at? Am i allowed to do that since I've enrolled? help guys im so confused :confused::confused:
Original post by Joseph12345
I NEED ADVICE! I've started college but i want to change two of my a levels but my college won't allow a subject change until the end of the month meaning i'll miss a WHOLE months of work :/. Shall i leave the college and join a sixth form which is no where near as credited as this college I'm already at? Am i allowed to do that since I've enrolled? help guys im so confused :confused::confused:

I don't see why you don't just wait till the end of the month, since hardly anything tbh is covered in the first few months really. Also, you could start reading ahead if you're worried about missing anything.

Is there any particular reason why you want to change 2 of your courses so early on in the year?
Original post by mynameisntbobk
I don't see why you don't just wait till the end of the month, since hardly anything tbh is covered in the first few months really. Also, you could start reading ahead if you're worried about missing anything.

Is there any particular reason why you want to change 2 of your courses so early on in the year?

That's true and I've just changed my mind in my career pathway and I'm defiantly sure that I do not want to go into medicine anymore.
That's true and I've just changed my mind in my career pathway and I'm defiantly sure that I do not want to go into medicine anymore.

Fair enough, its completely understandable if you've changed what you want to do. I'm sure you'll be able to catch up with your other subjects, so don't worry about that too much. Just make sure that your college will definitely let you change courses at the end of this month
Reply 4453
Hey there I have started my a-levels and am finding physics to be difficult as well as time consuming.I am seriously considering changing it to geography to maximise my chance of getting 3 A's at A-level so that I can study medicine.My current subject selection is biology,chemistry,physics and maths. I need your advice and thought asap!!!
Original post by mynameisntbobk
Fair enough, its completely understandable if you've changed what you want to do. I'm sure you'll be able to catch up with your other subjects, so don't worry about that too much. Just make sure that your college will definitely let you change courses at the end of this month

I hope I can and yeah they'll only be able to if there are spaces in the class :frown:
Help anyone how do u make a new thread
I hope I can and yeah they'll only be able to if there are spaces in the class :frown:

Ah that's fair enough, hopefully there will be enough space in those classes.
Original post by GaloisCircles
Help anyone how do u make a new thread

You'd have to go to the most relevant forum, then near the top of the page, there should be a orange button that says something like 'create a thread'

Edit: it actually says "post new thread"
(edited 10 years ago)
Interesting points about my first four days at Sixth Form:

My friend I get the train with in the morning missed the train on Wednesday, and the two I usually meet at the train station both decided to get a later train without telling to me, so I was lonely at the way to school but my GCSE History teacher walked past me in the Quad and congratulated me on my GCSE results, she said I got 97% overall. She really cheered me up :smile:

In my German class there are only seven of us (nine in the other class, meaning they have more lessons). This is the biggest number of AS German students my school has ever had, and my teacher said that he wouldn’t be surprised at all if we have the largest number of students out of all schools/colleges in Yorkshire, and apparently our Sixth Form German department is one of the leading ones in the North. Exciting stuff

I spoke to a couple of new girls which made me happy

All of my teachers are nice, I’ve never had any of them before apart from my two Geography teachers which I’d had once week in year seven and year eight respectively

They have a salad bar in the Sixth Form common room and you can get a pot of salad (albeit tiny) for 55p, and I indeed had one on Wednesday and filled it with tomato, cucumber, lettuce and a little bit of tomato pasta

We’re having a Geography trip to Bridlington in October and are staying in a B&B for a night, should be fun :biggrin:

We may also have a German trip to Berlin in February for the 16 AS students and five A2 ones, should be fun also :biggrin:

I got the train of Tuesday with a couple of girls from school that I had previously talked to but not very much, I hope to get to know them a bit better

I’ve been having lots of fun with folders and lined paper, it is great to feel organised

I have a lovely form, s’all great

I hope to be a classroom assistant for an hour a week in either the German or History department

1st week in and I've read 2 plays, have a debate in one month, EU Mock Council in 6 weeks, signed up for junior mentoring and the Y8 STEM Club and also have a job interview on Wednesday. This year is gonna be fun.
Original post by Glitch96
I assume there will be mixed results, some people going up and some going down, maybe even staying the same. A part of me thinks the system is corrupt and we're paying for extra marks, I hope that's true haha :tongue: I don't know any success stories but either way, do you think you did better than what you were graded at? I'm looking at a bunch of remarking too since i'm 2ums off a B in History, 1 ums off an A in Business, and 2ums off a B in Literature. Is this going to be expensive? :colondollar: If everything goes pear shaped we've got a bunch of ums leeway, but I know we both still want to keep that, plus i doubt it would come to that.. just have to go with your gut I guess.

well I got bang on an a* and tbh I thought I'd be at least a middle a* because the exam went well and I'd answered in the way the English teacher who was an exam marker told us too. The remarks can get quite pricey but if you go up a grade in the exam you get refunded, which is annoying because I've already got an a* so I'll be effectively paying to try and go up a grade aha. Yours are all quite close, if you don't want to pay for them all go for the ones you think are most likely to go up I'd say :smile:

Latest