The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Carmel college foundation year 2013 whos applied and whos bn please help need advice!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Hey people!

I'm studying Computer Science with modules maths, biology and chemistry. Are the classes shared with people studying other subjects, or are the classes divided?

I'm going to be living in Rankin halls. Anyone joining me? :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 41
Original post by SJFox
Hey people!

I'm studying Computer Science with modules maths, biology and chemistry. Are the classes shared with people studying other subjects, or are the classes divided?

I'm going to be living in Rankin halls. Anyone joining me? :smile:

Im staying in rankin im in block A 1st floor
Reply 42
Original post by JPryce
I am studying earth sciences foundation at Carmel while staying at derby and rathbone halls. What about you?

I'm staying at derby and rathbone too! But I'm doing the geography course :smile:
Reply 43
Original post by gheaton123
Im staying in rankin im in block A 1st floor

Sweet. What ya studying? I'm up on the 3rd floor
Original post by CharlotteRLA
Staying off campus, but staying at home instead. Anyone else doing this, or am I the only one not living in Liverpool? :frown:

Im staying at home too but im from Liverpool :smile:
From an email from Marie Kendrick regarding timetables I got the impression that people on different courses to each other but doing the same modules would be studying together. But there's (for example) biology and biology for med/dent/vet (which I'm doing) so I'm not sure if they're together or not.

Also, good to hear I'm not the only person staying at home :smile:
Reply 46
Original post by CharlotteRLA
I'll be starting this september the foundation in veterinary at carmel college :smile: Is anyone else living at home whilst studying here? Also does anyone know if we are allowed to get the contract coaches there that they run? (one stops a couple of minutes walk from my house) or is that just for the alevel students?

Hi :smile: I'm studying foundation to dentistry this year and I am also living at home. I was thinking of getting the arriva bus pass but Im waiting to see if a 10% discount code comes out for this year should come out this month some time otherwise it is £320 for the year and I had no idea they had contract coaches :-/ Il have to look that up! x
Reply 47
Hey, im going to Carmel for a foundation in physics, any others out there? :P
Reply 48
Original post by 123ross456
Hey, im going to Carmel for a foundation in physics, any others out there? :P

I am, im picking maths,further maths and physics. I have had no email or anything to tell me dates etc! Can you please let me know when the physics induction day(s?) are for both carmel and uni of liverpool?

Thanks!
Original post by Leanna
Hi :smile: I'm studying foundation to dentistry this year and I am also living at home. I was thinking of getting the arriva bus pass but Im waiting to see if a 10% discount code comes out for this year should come out this month some time otherwise it is £320 for the year and I had no idea they had contract coaches :-/ Il have to look that up! x

Hi, that's cool :smile: we should be in the same classes then. I thought about the arriva but it would mean setting off at 6am ish for me :/ the contract coach is £330 and it means I have to be there 9-4 everyday cos it only runs once daily. But was the best option for me. So if you can get the arriva for cheaper and it runs at sensible times it's probs better than the coach x
Reply 50
Studying biological sciences foundation year, anyone else? From Manchester and finding this all quite daunting- also has anyone actually applied for their bus pass yet? Any tips?
Reply 51
As its getting closer I'm getting real nervous! I'm staying in derby and rathbone halls and I think the train or trains, are the best option. Still hoping to find others in the same halls
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 52
Original post by JPryce
As its getting closer I'm getting real nervous! I'm staying in derby and rathbone halls and I think the train or trains, are the best option. Still hoping to find others in the same halls

Im staying in those halls! But I'm taking the bus :smile: which block are you in?
Reply 53
Original post by SJFox
Sweet. What ya studying? I'm up on the 3rd floor

Philosophy haha what about you?
Does any one know when we get our timetable? Im studying biological sciences too :biggrin:
Reply 55
Original post by jiddon18
Im staying in those halls! But I'm taking the bus :smile: which block are you in?

I'm QG :smile: how about you?
And did you look at the trains at all?
Reply 56
I'm in E! At least we won't be alone! Noo, I asked Marie the women in charge and she recommended the bus :smile:
Reply 57
I'm in E! At least we won't be alone! Noo, I asked Marie the women in charge and she recommended the bus :smile:

Atleast I know someone else is going there! Ahah
and I may have to have a look into the bus then and look at the cost and stuff.
This is rubbish for notifying you sorry for really slow replies :smile:
Reply 58
Original post by JPryce
Atleast I know someone else is going there! Ahah
and I may have to have a look into the bus then and look at the cost and stuff.
This is rubbish for notifying you sorry for really slow replies :smile:

Haha it's okay :smile: are you going to the induction on Thursday? As we can then suss out buses etc :smile:
Reply 59
Haha it's okay :smile: are you going to the induction on Thursday? As we can then suss out buses etc :smile:

Yeah im going to that as well :smile:
we will have to suss it out as im not sure what would be best :/
we shall see :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending