The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mynameisntbobk
Ah that's fair enough, hopefully there will be enough space in those classes.

You'd have to go to the most relevant forum, then near the top of the page, there should be a orange button that says something like 'create a thread'

Edit: it actually says "post new thread"

Thanks mate!:wink::wink::wink:
Reply 4461
Original post by peaaceandl0ve
In my German class there are only seven of us (nine in the other class, meaning they have more lessons). This is the biggest number of AS German students my school has ever had, and my teacher said that he wouldn’t be surprised at all if we have the largest number of students out of all schools/colleges in Yorkshire, and apparently our Sixth Form German department is one of the leading ones in the North.

If everyone that signed up to do German on our Induction Day also enrolled for German, we'd have 8 people in our class including me, but one girl from my school who was meant to do German at my college recently moved to Gloucestershire, so now there will be a maximum of 7 people doing it. I'm not expecting all 6 other people to do it too though... I love having a small class. :smile:

In school, most of my classes were between 26 - 32 people. Then my German class was 20 and my Triple Science was 17, and they were hands down my favourite lessons. Smaller classes are so much better. :smile:
Original post by don9999
Hey there I have started my a-levels and am finding physics to be difficult as well as time consuming.I am seriously considering changing it to geography to maximise my chance of getting 3 A's at A-level so that I can study medicine.My current subject selection is biology,chemistry,physics and maths. I need your advice and thought asap!!!

Taking Geography would be great as you would still have Biology, Chemistry and an additional 'science' subject so you needn't take Physics too. Having Geography would show your breadth, as it is an essay-based subject, and I've heard that medicine admissions tutors like people to have a forth subject in a non-Science/Maths subject. Geography is still regarded as a facilitating and traditional subject, and I am planning to take it just for AS and the course does look quite interesting. I think changing to Geography would be a good idea :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Lucas.
If everyone that signed up to do German on our Induction Day also enrolled for German, we'd have 8 people in our class including me, but one girl from my school who was meant to do German at my college recently moved to Gloucestershire, so now there will be a maximum of 7 people doing it. I'm not expecting all 6 other people to do it too though... I love having a small class. :smile:

In school, most of my classes were between 26 - 32 people. Then my German class was 20 and my Triple Science was 17, and they were hands down my favourite lessons. Smaller classes are so much better. :smile:

Oh wow, that should be cosy! It's especially useful to have smaller classes in languages so that you can get personal opportunities for speaking and listening. Yes, I expect a couple of people may drop German within the first month, I didn't think they realise how much of a leap up it is from GCSE. Small classes are great though, you get more attention from the teacher which is very important. At GCSE with had 33 in our English, around 30 in Maths, 20-25 in all other subjects but 16 in German. This year we have 13 in Geography, and 14/15 in Maths and History. It is nice :smile:
Reply 4464
So many good albums got leaked this week, ah~
Reply 4465
Original post by peaaceandl0ve
Oh wow, that should be cosy! It's especially useful to have smaller classes in languages so that you can get personal opportunities for speaking and listening. Yes, I expect a couple of people may drop German within the first month, I didn't think they realise how much of a leap up it is from GCSE. Small classes are great though, you get more attention from the teacher which is very important. At GCSE with had 33 in our English, around 30 in Maths, 20-25 in all other subjects but 16 in German. This year we have 13 in Geography, and 14/15 in Maths and History. It is nice :smile:

Yeah that's what the French teacher said (had her as a tutor for the day, and she spoke to me about German because the actual German teacher wasn't in...). :smile: When I had a look at the list though, there was only one other boy... Not that it's a problem, but I think I'll just find it a little bit harder to get to know people, because when I'm surrounded by girls I feel the need to make a good first impression, whereas around boys I can just relax. :tongue:

Wow, they are nice class sizes. :smile: I hope mine are like that. :tongue:
Reply 4466
Original post by Mr.Nor
So many good albums got leaked this week, ah~

Balance and Composure's new album is a definite contender for AOTY for me! So bloody glad I pre-ordered the vinyl. Expect lots of pictures when it arrives... :colondollar:
Reply 4467
Original post by Lucas.
Balance and Composure's new album is a definite contender for AOTY for me! So bloody glad I pre-ordered the vinyl. Expect lots of pictures when it arrives... :colondollar:

Chvrches new album is definitely a contender for me, along with London Grammar's
Original post by Bude8
Nope, that's wrong :frown:

A hint I was given - think about the real part of the equation, and the imaginary part. (If you're still interested in doing it :tongue:)

What's the answer you've been given? :smile:
Reply 4469
Original post by Mr.Nor
Chvrches new album is definitely a contender for me, along with London Grammar's

Chvrches was alright, haven't even heard of the other one. :tongue:

I now have a whole list of albums that I'm waiting to leak though... These being the main ones.

24/9: Touché Amoré - Is Survived By
8/10: A Day to Remember - Common Courtesy
8/10: Dance Gavin Dance - Acceptance Speech
Reply 4470
Original post by Lucas.
Chvrches was alright, haven't even heard of the other one. :tongue:

I now have a whole list of albums that I'm waiting to leak though... These being the main ones.

24/9: Touché Amoré - Is Survived By
8/10: A Day to Remember - Common Courtesy
8/10: Dance Gavin Dance - Acceptance Speech

I have a list too somewhere, one of the albums i really want gets released Monday and Amazon shipped it today! I've rated every album of this year I've listened too (cause I'm sad and the top 5 so far are:

1: Goldfrapp- Tales of Us 9/10
2: Arctic Monkeys- AM 7.8/10
3: Chvches- The Bones of What You Believe 7.8/10
4: London Grammar- If You Wait 7.5/10
5: Anouk- Sad Singalong Songs 7.5/10
Reply 4471
Original post by Mr.Nor
I have a list too somewhere, one of the albums i really want gets released Monday and Amazon shipped it today! I've rated every album of this year I've listened too (cause I'm sad and the top 5 so far are:

1: Goldfrapp- Tales of Us 9/10
2: Arctic Monkeys- AM 7.8/10
3: Chvches- The Bones of What You Believe 7.8/10
4: London Grammar- If You Wait 7.5/10
5: Anouk- Sad Singalong Songs 7.5/10

B&C's new album is released on Tuesday, and it was shipped yesterday 1st class, so if all goes to plan I'll get it on Monday. :biggrin:

My top 5 albums so far - not including B&C because it hasn't been released yet;

1: Chunk! No, Captain Chunk! - Pardon My French - 9/10
2: Kill Lincoln - That's Cool... In A Totally Negative And Destructive Way - 8/10
3: Daylight - Jar - 8/10
4: Sharks - Selfhood - 7.7/10
5: Count To Four - Between Two Cities - 7/10

This year has definitely been a better year for EPs so far. Top 5 EPs;

1: Hot Damn - Sleep Alone - 9.5/10
2: Lower Lands - Canvas - 9/10
3: Boston Manor - Here/Now - 9/10
4: Gnarwolves - Funemployed - 9/10
5: Nam Le - Nam Le - 9/10

There's at least 3 other EPs that I'd give a 9/10 to as well... :colondollar:
Reply 4472
Original post by Lucas.
B&C's new album is released on Tuesday, and it was shipped yesterday 1st class, so if all goes to plan I'll get it on Monday. :biggrin:

My top 5 albums so far - not including B&C because it hasn't been released yet;

1: Chunk! No, Captain Chunk! - Pardon My French - 9/10
2: Kill Lincoln - That's Cool... In A Totally Negative And Destructive Way - 8/10
3: Daylight - Jar - 8/10
4: Sharks - Selfhood - 7.7/10
5: Count To Four - Between Two Cities - 7/10

This year has definitely been a better year for EPs so far. Top 5 EPs;

1: Hot Damn - Sleep Alone - 9.5/10
2: Lower Lands - Canvas - 9/10
3: Boston Manor - Here/Now - 9/10
4: Gnarwolves - Funemployed - 9/10
5: Nam Le - Nam Le - 9/10

There's at least 3 other EPs that I'd give a 9/10 to as well... :colondollar:

This is how bored I got one day lmao http://rateyourmusic.com/~lunarscape
(some stuff isn't there due to lack of page/track listing)
Reply 4473
Original post by Mr.Nor
This is how bored I got one day lmao http://rateyourmusic.com/~lunarscape
(some stuff isn't there due to lack of page/track listing)

Pretty cool website. Would be so easy if you could just import all your artists from Lastfm... But you can't. :frown:
Original post by Lucas.

My R.E GCSE class had 12 people in it (everyone does short course but I picked full course). My Further Maths class will have 5 people in it this year I think. Probably 9 in History:smile:
For one of my subjects, I have more teachers than classmates.

I win. :biggrin:
Original post by Red Fox
My R.E GCSE class had 12 people in it (everyone does short course but I picked full course). My Further Maths class will have 5 people in it this year I think. Probably 9 in History:smile:

There were eleven of us in GCSE Spanish, the banter was unimaginable! (With Miss as well!!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4477
Original post by Red Fox

They must be so nice to work in. :tongue:

Original post by NikolaT

What... how does that even work out? :tongue:
Original post by NikolaT

have you got a one on one lesson too? aha :smile:
Original post by tess_rach
There were eleven of us in GCSE Spanish, the banter was unimaginable! (With Miss as well!!)

Posted from TSR Mobile

My Spanish class had like 30 people it was awful:frown:

Latest