The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JustaDreamer
:biggrin: OCR it is. Lol looks like the food chain has reversed! :wink: Have you started your lessons yet? I really want to start mine and see how much I'm gonna suffer...and if I made the right choices. :redface: :lockstock:

I start school on Monday but I have Maths and History. I have Physics and Chemistry on Tuesday should be a good start to the week:smile:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
:smug:

One of the few benefits of my omnipresence...

I don't have much to say:redface:. Probably 900 of my posts have been in the GCSE science thread, the results day thread or this thread:tongue:
Reply 4522
Now you see; I went to this school expecting it to be far more organised than my old one. They've said OCR, but that's it. :s-smilie: They didn't even mention lockers to us?! :mad:

They sent me a link to order a locker and then when I went on the site it said they were all sold out :angry:

What subjects are you taking?
Original post by Red Fox
I don't have much to say:redface:. Probably 900 of my posts have been in the GCSE science thread, the results day thread or this thread:tongue:

MY science thread?:awesome:
Original post by Red Fox
I start school on Monday but I have Maths and History. I have Physics and Chemistry on Tuesday should be a good start to the week:smile:

Cool :smile: Same I start on Monday with Biology and Chemistry, and then on Tuesday I have English Literature and Maths. :smile: Lol I don't think I could ever do Physics...it drove me nuts at GCSE. -_-
MY science thread?:awesome:

All 3 of them:lol:
Original post by Red Fox
All 3 of them:lol:

I think everyone who posted on it regularly got A*s!
Cool :smile: Same I start on Monday with Biology and Chemistry, and then on Tuesday I have English Literature and Maths. :smile: Lol I don't think I could ever do Physics...it drove me nuts at GCSE. -_-

Physics GCSE was great for me because my teacher was a nutter who knew everything and had loads of crazy stories. I always learnt something new in that lesson not to do with Physics aswell as learning the work:smile:
Original post by skizzle
They sent me a link to order a locker and then when I went on the site it said they were all sold out :angry:

What subjects are you taking?

*sighs* I don't think there is a decently organised place in the world. Biology, Chemistry, Maths and English Lit :smile: What about yourself?

I think you can take some credit for them grades the haha:biggrin:
If anyone's wondering how IB's going for me; it's great so far!
It's really challenging which is good, the workload is tough (also factoring in CAS) but this is good preparation for uni.

HL Maths, especially, you really need to focus 100%, because one little slip up early in a question will mess your next workings :tongue: (probably the same in A level Maths)

There's a lot of independent learning which is really good too.

ToK is really interesting as well. How do we know a certain thing, is in fact, that certain thing? If I gave you a carton of orange juice, how do you know it's orange juice inside?
Reply 4531

I posted in the AQA Unit 3 Biology one regularly for the first few weeks right up until the exam (not sure if you started the topic or not), and I returned to it on results day, and I seemed to be the only person who didn't get 100 UMS in all three Unit 3 exams... :laugh:
Original post by Red Fox
Physics GCSE was great for me because my teacher was a nutter who knew everything and had loads of crazy stories. I always learnt something new in that lesson not to do with Physics aswell as learning the work:smile:

Lol that's cool :biggrin: My science teacher was good but I guess after doing biology and chemistry first; I just found it boring and harder to make sense of. I was going to go over moles today but then got called into work; arghh.
Yeah, well... Chemistry is always interesting :mmm:

Well I've looked over the AS content. Still boring :yawn:

Hmm what board?
(oh and yeah, if anyone could give me ideas on how we know a certain thing is a certain thing that'd be cool)
Original post by Red Fox
I think you can take some credit for them grades the haha:biggrin:

:nah: although I won't refuse :wink:
Original post by Lucas.
I posted in the AQA Unit 3 Biology one regularly for the first few weeks right up until the exam (not sure if you started the topic or not), and I returned to it on results day, and I seemed to be the only person who didn't get 100 UMS in all three Unit 3 exams... :laugh:

Damn it :tongue: I didn't either so dw :wink:
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Hmm what board?

OCR A.
Reply 4536
*sighs* I don't think there is a decently organised place in the world. Biology, Chemistry, Maths and English Lit :smile: What about yourself?

omg same sameee!
Not sure what my chemistry and English boards are yet. But yesterday I had my first English lesson and our text is Jane Eyre.
Everyone in my new school seems very well read and I'm a bit intimidated by it all :frown:
Question for all: Do you guys have a 'back-up' A level? Mine's Geography...might end up swapping for English Lit...we're allowed two weeks.
:nah: although I won't refuse :wink:

Damn it :tongue: I didn't either so dw :wink:

OCR A.

:zomg: I thought Unit 2 was good, but the course can get tedious in places
Reply 4539
Original post by Lucas.
Big up OCR MEI crew.

:tongue: What other subjects are you taking?

Latest