The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4560
Original post by JustaDreamer
Hmmm...I'm stuck between Science University lecturer, Medicine, or something else to do with the great awesomeness that is Science. :redface: What about you?

I'm leaning towards the medicine path...though I am interested in gene therapy/research.

btw I was wondering do you know of an scientific/medical articles/magazines I could get?
College is so tiring! And my knees are playing up again yay

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can people share how many students go to their sixth forms? Roughly?
Original post by techno-thriller

55 (which is a big year for my school :colondollar:) no idea how many in year 13 though 40 something I think

Mine has about 215 in Lower Sixth and just under 200 in Upper. I'm not sure why but my school took more people this year than usual :confused: According to the headteacher, we're one of the biggest sixth forms in the country.
Reply 4565

I'm off to a sixth form college. Around 400 in both years, and I think there's more in the year above, making just over 800 altogether.

I think it's going to be a bit of a shock for me, coming from a year of just under 140 people and a school of 700, but I'll soon get used to it. :colondollar:
Original post by Lucas.
I'm off to a sixth form college. Around 400 in both years, and I think there's more in the year above, making just over 800 altogether.

I think it's going to be a bit of a shock for me, coming from a year of just under 140 people and a school of 700, but I'll soon get used to it. :colondollar:

Definitely came as a shock to me, I go to a sixth form college too and there are just under 2500 students:eek:
Reply 4567
Definitely came as a shock to me, I go to a sixth form college too and there are just under 2500 students:eek:

What, seriously!? **** I'd be too scared to go there haha! :colondollar:
Original post by Lucas.
What, seriously!? **** I'd be too scared to go there haha! :colondollar:

Having said that, it is the only good sixth form in the area so yeah, the rest are colleges which are have a below average pass rate
"Over 200 in the sixth form facility"... and all of them insist on being in the commons room all at once, but it does have a constantly staffed cafe and a balcony :cool:
Reply 4570
Having said that, it is the only good sixth form in the area so yeah, the rest are colleges which are have a below average pass rate

Same here, mine is one of two or three in the whole county, all of which are very good. All of the other colleges are quite poor. I have no idea on sixth form statistics. :tongue:
Original post by pathosL
oh lol, enzymes

Oh, okay, cool. We did the molecular structure monosaccharides, amino acids and nucleotides. Which board are you on?

50 at the most

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just wondering......

how often do you guys go to parties and the like?
Reply 4574

2000, 1000 in each year.
Original post by Dannyboy1236
Just wondering......

Once in a blue moon.

#ForeverAlone
Reply 4576
Original post by Georgiecat
Oh, okay, cool. We did the molecular structure monosaccharides, amino acids and nucleotides. Which board are you on?

oh cool, OCR A, you?
Reply 4577
lol the hienman books for science that school recommended are terrible at explaining, any better books anyone knows?
Original post by Dannyboy1236
Just wondering......

Funny you say that, I was at George Lucas' house last Saturday night, Emma Watson was there and everything, it was a pretty wild night.
Original post by NikolaT
Once in a blue moon.

#ForeverAlone

Story of my life.

Latest