The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

:tumble:

So... I've been watching the TMS Entertainment adaptation of Treasure Island, and hope to finish it this weekend. Got off to a slow start, but the recent episodes have been fantastic. :biggrin:

I also caught up with Blood Lad again, despite dropping it at episode 6 - I heard it was only going to be 10 episodes, so what harm could four more do? My poor opinion of the series hasn't changed though, even the addition of Norio Wakamoto's voice couldn't save it. :no: I can't imagine the final episode will provide much of a conclusion either...
Original post by AngryJellyfish

I also caught up with Blood Lad again, despite dropping it at episode 6 - I heard it was only going to be 10 episodes, so what harm could four more do? My poor opinion of the series hasn't changed though, even the addition of Norio Wakamoto's voice couldn't save it. :no: I can't imagine the final episode will provide much of a conclusion either...

What's wrong with Blood Lad, I think it's great? I didn't really like the first episode but the rest have been good. I like the opening song.
Original post by Dr Tenacious
What's wrong with Blood Lad, I think it's great? I didn't really like the first episode but the rest have been good. I like the opening song.

I'm finding most of the characters annoying, and the story boring and virtually incomprehensible at times due to the atrocious pacing. The animation quality isn't great. Most of the fanservice feels unnecessary, and I don't find many of the jokes funny either. I'm actually struggling to find much that's RIGHT with Blood Lad, though it looks like I'm in the minority, if A-P's high average rating is any indication.

The OP theme is pretty good though, I'll give it that. :p:
hey does anyone know an anime that is similar to itazura na kiss?
Reply 5384
Does anyone know any dubbed anime similar to Naruto, One Piece and Dragon Ball where the main character/s get stronger as they fight more battles.
Original post by cherry_heart2047
hey does anyone know an anime that is similar to itazura na kiss?

I've not seen Itazura na Kiss myself, but based on the synopsis (and all the strong recommendations by other people on Anime-Planet) I'd suggest Lovely Complex. :smile:
Original post by SyedaK
Does anyone know any dubbed anime similar to Naruto, One Piece and Dragon Ball where the main character/s get stronger as they fight more battles.

Shounen series and dubs are far from my comfort zone, but maybe try Hunter x Hunter (the original, not the 2011 remake, as that isn't dubbed *yet*). :beard:
Reply 5387
Shounen series and dubs are far from my comfort zone, but maybe try Hunter x Hunter (the original, not the 2011 remake, as that isn't dubbed *yet*). :beard:

Thanks will do! what type of anime do you watch?
Original post by SyedaK
Thanks will do! what type of anime do you watch?

These days, more or less anything. :yes: I like to get a good balance of newer and older series, and different genres. I do love high-budget action series like Attack on Titan and Fate/Zero, though. :biggrin:
Original post by SyedaK

Rurouni kenshin is a anime classic (English dub). Fairy tail is also comparable to one piece and is awesome in its own right (I think this is only 2 seasons in English dub) you seem to like the shonen genre, so maybe bleach?

If you want a don't mind a more mature and gory anime with one of the best English dubs of all time then give samurai champloo a try. It's done by some people who voiced in spirited away and cowboy be pop.
Reply 5390
Original post by GalaxygunnerX
Rurouni kenshin is a anime classic (English dub). Fairy tail is also comparable to one piece and is awesome in its own right (I think this is only 2 seasons in English dub) you seem to like the shonen genre, so maybe bleach?

If you want a don't mind a more mature and gory anime with one of the best English dubs of all time then give samurai champloo a try. It's done by some people who voiced in spirited away and cowboy be pop.

Thanks!! Will check out all of them. I watach Fairytail. full of awesomeness
Original post by SyedaK
Thanks!! Will check out all of them. I watach Fairytail. full of awesomeness

I just remembered! Check out yu yu hakusho! As well... You'll definitely like this one, its an old classic. This one is about as long as dragonball so I'd leave this till last maybe?
Reply 5392
Original post by GalaxygunnerX
I just remembered! Check out yu yu hakusho! As well... You'll definitely like this one, its an old classic. This one is about as long as dragonball so I'd leave this till last maybe?

Thanks, just waatched snippets of ep1 on youtube. Will watch it. Reminds me of back in the days with dragonball. aaah!
Reply 5393
I've not seen Itazura na Kiss myself, but based on the synopsis (and all the strong recommendations by other people on Anime-Planet) I'd suggest Lovely Complex. :smile:

I second this :smile:
Original post by SyedaK

Fairy Tail - Funimation have dubbed the first 72 episodes of the series and have got the rights up to 175 and the movie so far.

EDIT:
I would personally say that Fairy Tail has the best fight scenes of any anime I have seen.
I would say DBZ is just below it, mainly because in DBZ, a fight would often last around 5(ish) episodes...
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5395
Not sure if this has been posted already, but somebody has made an Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin game:

http://fenglee.com/game/aog/

:giggle:
Reply 5396
On the anime front, I haven't been able to watch as much as I would like over the weekend. Shingeki no Kyojin was harrowingly powerful as usual. Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya is keeping me interested, and the ending scene prepares us for what will probably be a good battle next week. Oh, and I've become accustomed to Highschool DxD's overt fan service (if that's even possible).

I did watch the Ao no Exorcist movie, which was pretty entertaining and beautifully animated, as you'd expect from a movie. It was nice to revisit the characters too.

Today, we have some visitors later on, so I'll try and get to my other weeklies, namely Fantasista Doll, Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS and to play catch up on Danganronpa.
Original post by Aiko
Not sure if this has been posted already, but somebody has made an Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin game:

http://fenglee.com/game/aog/

:giggle:

Aiko, could you please translate that pic I posted on the last page? I keep seeing this at the end of every episode but the website I go on doesn't bother subbing it. =l
(edited 10 years ago)
Yay, Fairy Tail being released in the UK on Blu Ray! XD

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-09-07/fairy-tail-blu-ray-editions-from-5th-volume
Now I don't have to go around ordering from America and waiting 3 weeks for delivery! (Albeit the company which is doing this is based in Scotland) - So, could take a week or so to get to me. =l

EDIT:
They are doing Durarara too! Yay! XD
http://www.alltheanime.com/durarara/
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5399
Original post by Scienceisgood
Fairy Tail - Funimation have dubbed the first 72 episodes of the series and have got the rights up to 175 and the movie so far.

EDIT:
I would personally say that Fairy Tail has the best fight scenes of any anime I have seen.
I would say DBZ is just below it, mainly because in DBZ, a fight would often last around 5(ish) episodes...

Thank you.. I watch Fairy Tail and planning to watch Samurai Champloo and yu yu hakusho too

Latest