2014 Medicine Re-Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1340
Original post by MX123
lol I have no idea where to apply

Stats? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1341

GCSE's :A*AAABBB (I know they're bad lol)

AS Levels : AABB chem bio maths and history

A Levels (completed) : A*A*A* in chem bio and maths

UKCAT : haven't done it yet
Reply 1342
Original post by MX123

Well done on the A level results! Congrats!
My GCSEs were not as competitive either but I think there is less emphasis on those if you have achieved grades :smile:

I haven't done my UKCAT either. How is the prep? I would decide where to apply after doing the test :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MX123

Super A level results! (little bit jealous :tongue: )
Reply 1344
Original post by Dr.Ugs
Well done on the A level results! Congrats!
My GCSEs were not as competitive either but I think there is less emphasis on those if you have achieved grades :smile:

I haven't done my UKCAT either. How is the prep? I would decide where to apply after doing the test :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, its going alright and yeah I'll probably make my decision after I sit it too

Original post by raveen789
Super A level results! (little bit jealous :tongue: )

lol thanks
Is it absolute bonkers that I haven't even started on my personal statement (and will not be starting until September 12th)?

I also kind of have a school deadline of the 23rd of September...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SuziieB
Is it absolute bonkers that I haven't even started on my personal statement (and will not be starting until September 12th)?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I only started mine recently so I wouldn't worry too much but you want to start putting a lot of hours into it because the deadline is the 15th, to compensate for a late start :smile:
Reply 1347
Original post by SuziieB

Posted from TSR Mobile

School deadline???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dr.Ugs
School deadline???

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah...my school wants to see my personal statement on the 23rd, they've always been extra early about deadlines. :s-smilie:

It's better than when I applied last year, it was the 13th :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1349
Original post by SuziieB
Yeah...my school wants to see my personal statement on the 23rd, they've always been extra early about deadlines. :s-smilie:

It's better than when I applied last year, it was the 13th :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh right well at least you get help from college for it?? Or do you? Or is that just when you gotta send it off?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by richtea5
hi, i've got fairly similar stuff to you (ain't done ukcat yet though). Some places worth looking into- Leicester depends what your gcses A*s were in but you'd probs score highly if you look at there application system, also manchester you'd get an interview i think (although it's group interviews which personally i didn't enjoy), I'm still looking into the specifics for glasgow but i believe they have a UKCAT cut off of around 670-ish (it's based on top 800 scores of applicants tho so is subject to change) so you'd probs get interview.
Best of luck for the remark :smile:

I thought Manchester require AAA, in two years??
Original post by ngamble
Hey guys,
I am reapplying for 2014 entry after being rejected pre-interview for all 4 of my applications. I applied to QUB, Dundee, Cardiff and Glasgow.

GCSE: 4A*s, 5As, B
AS: AAAA
A2: AAB
UKCAT(2012): 642.5

I am currently resitting the B at Alevel. Any advice on which unis will take a resit at Alevel? I know QUB will take resits as long as I end up with AAA at Alevel.

Thanks!

How do you now QUB accept re-sit applicants? I thought they didn't.

Which subject was the B in?
Reply 1352
Original post by überambitious_ox
How do you now QUB accept re-sit applicants? I thought they didn't.

Which subject was the B in?

It says in their admissions they will if you get AAB minimum and resit the B to get an A. You can only do this if you previously applied in the last year!

B was in chemistry unfortunately. Poor module 5 paper dragged me just below

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ngamble
It says in their admissions they will if you get AAB minimum and resit the B to get an A. You can only do this if you previously applied in the last year!

B was in chemistry unfortunately. Poor module 5 paper dragged me just below

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh okay!

Best of luck with everything! You'll be fine and get that A in Chemistry!

:smile:
Original post by Dr.Ugs
Oh right well at least you get help from college for it?? Or do you? Or is that just when you gotta send it off?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, we get some form of help when we come in.

Have you started your personal statement? I'm really struggling with what I might put in mine as I don't have a job yet and I don't have any solid plans for the gap year :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1355
Original post by SuziieB
Yeah, we get some form of help when we come in.

Have you started your personal statement? I'm really struggling with what I might put in mine as I don't have a job yet and I don't have any solid plans for the gap year :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have kind of done a draft but its not really a draft (it's a list of everything I will include :tongue: lol) so using a list I can change the order of the stuff I put in :smile:

I'm not gonna mention my gap year at all because I didn't find a job and won't be doing anything special lol. If I found a job before October the 15ths then I would include it :smile: I don't think there is a point of including stuff you haven't done yet!

Are you gonna mention your gap year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Where would I be at an advantage in relation to Med school's entry requirements for A-Levels. I got A*AAB.

PS, I wouldn't mind in Wales/Scotland, it doesn't have to be England!:biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Green Bubblegum
Where would I be at an advantage in relation to Med school's entry requirements for A-Levels. I got A*AAB.

PS, I wouldn't mind in Wales/Scotland, it doesn't have to be the UK!:biggrin:

Tiny bit awkward ^ but i'll let that go 8)

Try the scottish ones, particularly Dundee?
Original post by ameelia22
Tiny bit awkward ^ but i'll let that go 8)

Try the scottish ones, particularly Dundee?

I think you misunderstood me. I was explaining that I wouldn't mind studying medicine in England or Northern Ireland. Just really around this area!
I am open to travelling and enjoy it.:biggrin:

I am researching and was wondering which uni's place an applicant at an advantage when you have completed your A-Levels. I know Queens do in belfast.
Reply 1359
Original post by Green Bubblegum

PS, I wouldn't mind in Wales/Scotland, it doesn't have to be England!:biggrin:

Lol I think that's the third time you have asked that :smile:

You would be at an advantage for having 4 a levels only at Queen Mary London, in terms of A*s I don't thinks many unis discriminate them from As: apart from Oxbridge, Birmingham, Exeter and Edinburgh where A*AA is a typical offer :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending