The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Hey everyone, I think I'll be applying for King's this year. Does anyone know the likelihood of me getting an interview with these:

UKCAT - 810 and Band 1

GCSEs - 4.5 A*s, 5 As

AS levels - AAAA (Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Music)

I also have a cheeky A in A2 Critical Thinking :colone:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 61
Ur ukcat us awesome but the gcses are a bit mediocre. With this ukcat I would go for kings but not sure about the gcses. My friend last year had 792 and 4a*7a and did not get an interview but maybe her ps was not so good. I do not know.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 62
Original post by Being Priya
I guess you are applying to kings medicine in 2013 for 2014 intake??? What are your UKCAT scores and what do you think would be the minimum score to make it to the interview.....Sorry for asking so many questions, its just that I have not yet given the test and so am feeling pretty paranoid.

Yes we are applying for the 2014 entry. I don't know about this year but last year most applicants who got interviewed had a ukcat of above 695.. When are you applying?
Original post by kcapsoccer
Yes we are applying for the 2014 entry. I don't know about this year but last year most applicants who got interviewed had a ukcat of above 695.. When are you applying?

Even I am applying this year.....am a little worried about UKCAT. By what time, does kings give out offers typically? This wait is like sooooo long....
Original post by Blast Tyrant
Hey everyone, I think I'll be applying for King's this year. Does anyone know the likelihood of me getting an interview with these:

UKCAT - 810 and Band 1

GCSEs - 4.5 A*s, 5 As

AS levels - AAAA (Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Music)

I also have a cheeky A in A2 Critical Thinking :colone:

Hi, that's a really great UKCAT score!. I'm sitting mine next month. What online practice questions did you subscribe for? (e.g Kaplan, Acemedicine etc)...and how much time did u spend practicing? Sori for the questions, could really use some help:smile:
Reply 65
Original post by Being Priya
Even I am applying this year.....am a little worried about UKCAT. By what time, does kings give out offers typically? This wait is like sooooo long....

No i dont think it is that long. I think normally the interviews are sent from november to january then you have the inteview in february and the offer after the interview will be some time after that if all goes well. I am not sure for all these so if knows something different correct me.. :s-smilie:
Original post by Natasha001
Hi, that's a really great UKCAT score!. I'm sitting mine next month. What online practice questions did you subscribe for? (e.g Kaplan, Acemedicine etc)...and how much time did u spend practicing? Sori for the questions, could really use some help:smile:

It's fine :smile:

For online resources, I used Medify. Tried ukcathelp.org but was absolutely ****, so I wouldn't recommend it. I spent a week revising, it's all you need if you commit to it, I did about 5+ hours per day.
Original post by Blast Tyrant
It's fine :smile:

For online resources, I used Medify. Tried ukcathelp.org but was absolutely ****, so I wouldn't recommend it. I spent a week revising, it's all you need if you commit to it, I did about 5+ hours per day.

Gee thanks!:biggrin:
Reply 68
Hi,

I want to apply to Kings this year. My GCSE grades were 9A*'s and 1 A and my AS grades were AAAb, I am expecting to predicted either AAA or A*AA at A2 level. I scored 2920 in the UKCAT which is 730 average and I got Band 1 SJ

I'm worried that my b at AS level might make me less of a competitive candidate - should I still apply?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 69
Original post by li-vvy
Hi,

I want to apply to Kings this year. My GCSE grades were 9A*'s and 1 A and my AS grades were AAAb, I am expecting to predicted either AAA or A*AA at A2 level. I scored 2920 in the UKCAT which is 730 average and I got Band 1 SJ

I'm worried that my b at AS level might make me less of a competitive candidate - should I still apply?

Those are some pretty good stats, I wouldn't be too worried about that b in as unless its in chemistry perhaps, because the main factors Kings look at, to invite for interview are the UKCAT and obvs GCSE's, both of which you pretty much nailed!
Reply 70
What are my chances of an interview with a UKCAT score of 730 and 6A*s 5As for GCSE? Thanks in advance :smile:
I really want to apply to King's, I got my UKCAT back today:

VR - 660
QR - 620
AR - 620
DA - 870

Average - 692.5 Total - 2770

My GCSEs are 6A* 3A 1C (Darn you German)
I've already achieved A*A*A at A Level.

I know my UKCAT and GCSEs are both rather average, would I have any chance?
Reply 72
Yes u would. Ur ukcat is not bad, neither the gcse. It is a bit rsky but go for it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello, I will applying to the A100 programme for the 2014 intake, my UKCAT score is 765 and my grades are all A*s. However, I wanted to know how important the Situational Judgement Test of UKCAT is for the selection process as I got Band 3 and I am worried that this might affect my chances of getting an interview.
Please let me know how important this test is and if this affects my chances of selection.
Waiting for a response
Thanks
Leela
Reply 74
When I asked them they just said that they look at the ukcat subtests as well as Sjt. However, they did not specify anything else. With a 765 I would apply depsite the sjt
Hello,
I will applying to the A100 programme for the 2014 intake, my UKCAT score is 765 and my grades are all A*s. However, I wanted to know how important the Situational Judgement Test of UKCAT is for the selection process as I got Band 3 and I am worried that this might affect my chances of getting an interview.
Please let me know how important this test is and if this affects my chances of selection.
Waiting for a response
Thanks
Leela
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 76
Original post by x_ANT
Hi guys, I'm just going into 2nd year doing medicine at King's. If you've got any questions about applying or the course, feel free to ask.

Is the style of learning at Kings PBL? and do you think I have a chance of interview with 8A* 4As and 2A* equivalents at GCSE 740 ukcat and AAAB at AS (will B affect affect application?)
Reply 77
Original post by Estrellaa
Is the style of learning at Kings PBL? and do you think I have a chance of interview with 8A* 4As and 2A* equivalents at GCSE 740 ukcat and AAAB at AS (will B affect affect application?)

Learning isn't PBL, it's very much lecture based. I think you do have a chance of interview, your grades and UKCAT both seem good enough. Your B shouldn't affect your application because they only require a B in the 4th AS anyway.
Reply 78
Do King's look at each section of the ukcat, average score or overall score?
Reply 79
Original post by x_ANT
Hi guys, I'm just going into 2nd year doing medicine at King's. If you've got any questions about applying or the course, feel free to ask.

I'm an EU student and i got 6A* 3A at IGCSE and 743 in the UKCAT with Band 2. I am predicted 45/45 for the IB with Chemistry and Biology at HL. Do I have a good chance of an interview?
Thanks in advance. Btw i read that kings looks at the 8 best gcse's including english language maths and sciences, is this true?

Quick Reply

Latest