The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Really depressed about my breast size

I'm 20 years old and I have very small breasts, even smaller than Keira Knightley's, and I'm not exaggerating. My measurements are currently 29-24-34 (they were 30-25-34 before I lost weight) and I weigh 97lbs. I'm trying to put on some weight but it's very difficult and I don't want to end up fat, and even when I was almost a stone heavier they were still tiny.

No one I've ever seen has smaller breasts than me. I've even had a blood test done because I was convinced I had some kind of medical condition (I'm also short and have a petite body frame), but that came back as normal. I don't want to get implants because they never come out looking natural and you have to get them replaced every few years anyway. I've been thinking about stem cell breast enlargement surgery but I don't have the money and I'm not sure I'd be a good candidate for it because I slim (I'm at about 22-23% body fat right now).

I have no idea what to do, it makes me feel so inadequate and I feel like I'll never be a real woman. I'm on the verge of tears right now and I just want to die. Is anyone else in the same situation and has come to terms with it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Bump?
Small boobs aren't the end of the world. You sound tiny, I'm sure they're proportional to your frame. I'm only a 30B/C (sounds bigger than it is... To look at they look like typical "a cups") and it's never held me back in any way. Guys really don't care as much as we think they do!
They're just boobs, mine are G cup and I absolutely hate them they're saggy, unattractive, they're heavy and I have constant back problems.
size 16 in clothes, 12stone, 5ft 4. I'm big I know, but I'm not that fat to have such gigantic bazookas.
I hate my boobs more than anything else on my body but it's not that big of a deal.
They're just boobs.

You feel like you'll never be a real woman? Hun, you have the baby maker inside of you, that is a woman. That is what a woman can do and what a man can't.
Men and women have breasts.

Now after my rant of "Boobs aren't everything." You can get special push up bras that can give you cleavage.
That or you can get special gel pad things you can put in your bra, which can fill out your bra and make you look bigger.
Or you can use tissue, your choice.

Wanting to die over the lack of boobs is a bit ridiculous, though I do know how you can feel through self esteem so it's understandable. Either way it's still OTT.
You only get one body, either accept it or change it.

(if anyone negs me, state why. 'cause I know someone will disagree somewhere or another and not state why)
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Now after my rant of "Boobs aren't everything." You can get special push up bras that can give you cleavage.
That or you can get special gel pad things you can put in your bra, which can fill out your bra and make you look bigger.
Or you can use tissue, your choice.

I've already tried push up bras, I can't find any that are small enough for my ribcage and they don't give me cleavage anyway :/
Reply 5
OP, why do you care about the size of your breasts? From a man's perspective size really isn't that important unless you're a pig. And as LBS8 said, if anything proportionality matters more.

Edit: To clarify any ambiguity I'm talking about male chauvinist pigs.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by alexs2602
OP, why do you care about the size of your breasts? From a man's perspective size really isn't that important unless you're a pig. And as LBS8 said, if anything proportionality matters more.

oh gosh, i'm laughing so much at that line
In general, boob size isnt much of an issue for guys.
Reply 8
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
In general, boob size isnt much of an issue for guys.
You can't speak for everyone. For me Boob Size is definitely an Issue,I'm not having the girl I marry and only one I will make love to, of a sub par genetic standard. You should try wearing pads or if it is really bad and having a bad impact one could even have surgery.
Reply 9
My friend has tiny boobs and a tiny frame, she wears chicken fillets and they look fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by IsaacBless
You can't speak for everyone. For me Boob Size is definitely an Issue,I'm not having the girl I marry and only one I will make love to, of a sub par genetic standard. You should try wearing pads or if it is really bad and having a bad impact one could even have surgery.

You've already cursed any of your future offspring with 50% of their genome being of that stock.

(P.S., I love the sub-par genetic standard comment followed by recommendations for artificial alterations. Classic.)
I can understand, how it can make you feel down. Not, because I think, the size of your boobs is that important, but because depending on the person a lot of people feel down:
- bad skin
- no hips
- not enough muscles (boys)
- too high voice (boys)
- too small (boys)
- some hairs where there don't need to be any hairs (girls)
- no hairs, where there "should" be hairs (boys)
- boobs (boys)

As you see, a lot of what you would see as normal looking and what you would not care about is making others feel low about themselves. And while someone has big boobs, she might have another problem zone. The great thing about smaller breasts is, that they don't implicate further medical problems, compared to having to big ones. So I just would embrace the fact, that your body might not be perfect, but otherwise probably is and try to understand, that there are not hindering you in anything. Really not.
Reply 12
Original post by Kinkerz
You've already cursed any of your future offspring with 50% of their genome being of that stock.(P.S., I love the sub-par genetic standard comment followed by recommendations for artificial alterations. Classic.)
Well you have to lie sometimes do you not, it may be a sin, but you can commit some sins and still go to heaven, this is just a little sin so if you are good aside from that you should be OK.
I'm 20 also and I have small boobs I'm not tiny I'm 5.7" and I'm around 10stone, I'm fairly small frame in my top half but have muscular thighs and bottom, so I don't exactly balance right, my boyfriends ex has gigantic boobs and I always compared myself to her coz I know my boyfriend likes boobs (who doesn't!) but the key part is they like boobs! Big ones, little ones, pointy ones, slightly uneven ones! Different people have different bodies, and different people fancy different bodies. Big breasts aren't what make you a woman, it's how you feel about yourself! Work with it, some clothes look so much better on a flat chest, dress for your body type and love the body you have, the most sexy thing is confidence! You can try all the creams and tablets but its never going to make a massive change. But learning to love what you have will make you most happy! I've been in your position, I know it's hard but learn to love yourself!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by Ladycrumpet
I'm 20 also and I have small boobs I'm not tiny I'm 5.7" and I'm around 10stone, I'm fairly small frame in my top half but have muscular thighs and bottom, so I don't exactly balance right, my boyfriends ex has gigantic boobs and I always compared myself to her coz I know my boyfriend likes boobs (who doesn't!) but the key part is they like boobs! Big ones, little ones, pointy ones, slightly uneven ones! Different people have different bodies, and different people fancy different bodies. Big breasts aren't what make you a woman, it's how you feel about yourself! Work with it, some clothes look so much better on a flat chest, dress for your body type and love the body you have, the most sexy thing is confidence! You can try all the creams and tablets but its never going to make a massive change. But learning to love what you have will make you most happy! I've been in your position, I know it's hard but learn to love yourself! Posted from TSR Mobile
No we prefer , bigger, perkier and firmer boobs. OK? Dont lie to yourself
Reply 15
i was having this conversation with some friends not so long ago and we (almost) all said that 'proportionality' was the key factor. for instance, i actually prefer smaller because often they come with a slimmer, petite physique and i prefer that shape.

more of a problem than having smaller breasts is the lack of confidence that can ensue.
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
Small boobs aren't the end of the world. You sound tiny, I'm sure they're proportional to your frame. I'm only a 30B/C (sounds bigger than it is... To look at they look like typical "a cups") and it's never held me back in any way. Guys really don't care as much as we think they do!

I'll second that. So long as they are bigger than mine and the a** is fine, its all good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Im 34a, it used to bother like in high school but I don't care anymore, sure id like a bit bigger but I definitely prefer it to have G cups or something, im quite slim so I wouldnt say im out of proportion. Im never short for male attention though so theyre obviously not that fussed, confidence is waaay ssexier to a guy than tits. E.g. I always go out with my friend and she's got like the perfect boobs and guys often approach me instead of her. (im not being vain, just trying to prove my point) I know quite a few people that have small boobs and aren't that bothered either, its just what you were given.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
As a guy, I don't really care about size but do prefer smaller to bigger boobs.
There's nothing wrong with small breasts. OP what do you measure under your bust and around your bust? I might be able to help you find a proper fitting bra which might help you feel better

Latest