The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Can I be added to the first post please? I'm doing:

MEI Maths
MEI Further Maths
AQA History
AQA Economics
Original post by peaaceandl0ve
27.5?! :redface: We only have 25 hours of school (exclusive of form, PEP, lunch and break), and then I have at least five hours of private study/frees a week. Though it does annoy as I feel that time would be much more productive if spent being taught in lessons that struggling to find any relevant books in my school library :frown:

My school day is almost 7 hours and we have 5x50 minute lessons of each subject during the week - but I've counted biology which I'm doing at home as part of my school study time. Overall we have 6 lesson slots a day.
Also everyone does a extra compulsory 3x50 minutes (2 of sport and one of general studies). ^.^ I only have two private study/free sessions a week but I use my lunch time for extra study time (it's over an hour long so why not).
Aw, have you spoken to the librarian or the school council about possibly ordering a few more study books?
Doing Edexcel Psychology, WJEC English Lang and Lit, and AQA Maths and Further Maths. In other news, I've had to completely change my organisation :s-smilie:
Reply 4603
I just found out my timetable and I get 1 whole free a week... :'(
Definitely not keeping 5 subjects for long, it's going to kill me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4604
Original post by Joe7
Can I be added to the first post please? I'm doing:

MEI Maths
MEI Further Maths
AQA History
AQA Economics

Another person on AQA history :h:
First day of school tomorrow :afraid:
I got my meal card for college but it says I can only use it between 12 and 1.30pm and I have a lesson at 12.15pm.I am going to have to rush my meal down and I don't even know where the diner is.
Original post by Squidgy
I just found out my timetable and I get 1 whole free a week... :'(
Definitely not keeping 5 subjects for long, it's going to kill me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I really don't want to keep doing 5 AS either. Which ones are you doing?
Original post by techno-thriller
Can people share how many students go to their sixth forms? Roughly?

I think about 150/200 in each year? We had 272 in our year in year eleven.
Original post by techno836

I hide quotes because quotes are big

@OP
I'm taking AQA Maths/Further, Chemistry, Physics, and WJEC Biology :smile:

:woo: <- this emoticon accurately represents my current feels... :woo: :woo: :woo:

Has everyone started their college yet? I only start tomorrow it's madness!
Original post by iJess
Wow that's little compared to mine, I have 22 hours a week lol, I'm doing philosophy and ethics and too, starting to get in to it more :smile:

I have 21 hours of AS lessons a week, not including an hour of enrichment, plus an hour each of French and Spanish conversation and an hour and a half of German on a thursday afternoon. I only have 2 frees (I'm doing five - six - subjects :P )
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4611
Original post by techno-thriller
Can people share how many students go to their sixth forms? Roughly?

78 in my year and 75 in the year above :h:
Original post by tess_rach
I have 21 hours of AS lessons a week, not including an hour of enrichment, plus an hour each of French and Spanish conversation and an hour and a half of German on a thursday afternoon. I only have 2 frees (I'm doing five - six - subjects :P )

I'm stuck with 24 hours of lessons per week across five subjects, leaving me with only two frees a week... although, one good thing is that I have Wednesdays off :biggrin:
On a 2 week timetable: My timetable averages out at around 20/21hrs per week for lessons, and either 1.5h or 3h private study or "free" periods, depending on which week.

1.5h per week for 'enrichment', as everyone seems to be calling it.
Original post by Doomlar
I'm stuck with 24 hours of lessons per week across five subjects, leaving me with only two frees a week... although, one good thing is that I have Wednesdays off :biggrin:

I am in for 22 hours and the days are ridiculous because I'm in till 5.15 tommorow - I only start at 12.15 though:biggrin:
Original post by Mr.Nor
Another person on AQA history :h:

I'm doing Tsarist and Stalinist, you?
Reply 4616
Original post by Farhan96
I really don't want to keep doing 5 AS either. Which ones are you doing?

Maths, Chemistry, Biology, Geography and German ... I hate 4/5 of those subjects :frown:
Which subjects are you doingr?
Can anyone tell me where stuff can be stored inside the sun? :badger:
Reply 4618
Original post by Glitch96
Can anyone tell me where stuff can be stored inside the sun? :badger:

I'm pretty sure if you tried storing anything anywhere near the sun it wouldn't last very long, no matter in it! :tongue:
Oh yeah, I'm doing OCR Chemistry, OCR Biology, AQA Physics and I'm not sure what Maths. But I'll find out sometime

Latest