The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Freshers 2013 Megathread

Scroll to see replies

Will be first night and first party (MTV welcome) in 3 weeks, getting so close can't wait!!
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 601
Finally received the"enrol now"email. Yeah!!!
3weeks to Uni. Yeah!!
I don't know how to cook,Yeah!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 602
I think this topic has been discussed several times before, but I'm terribly confused. Are we meant to pay upfront or by instalments? I read the "how to pay" info on the uni website but would someone like to briefly clear up what exactly we are meant to do?
Original post by Zeegie
I think this topic has been discussed several times before, but I'm terribly confused. Are we meant to pay upfront or by instalments? I read the "how to pay" info on the uni website but would someone like to briefly clear up what exactly we are meant to do?

Pretty sure we should put pay upfront, as on the page point d) states something like "Choose this if your fees are paid by SLC" or something
Reply 604
Original post by LGrosvenor101
Oh the team building excercises xD they did get you talking! :smile: also, the group you get put with are pretty much your tutorial groups for first year if I remember :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You've got to do them this year too :colone: . Don't think you've escaped them :tongue:

Original post by jamiep151
Will be first night and first party (MTV welcome) in 3 weeks, getting so close can't wait!!

No making a mess! :unimpressed: . I'm First Aiding that thing :erm:

Original post by mypride
Finally received the"enrol now"email. Yeah!!!
3weeks to Uni. Yeah!!
I don't know how to cook,Yeah!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

And nothing will change over the next 3 years! :colone: . You'll learn to manage without cooking gourmet meals each night! :lol:
Original post by Nirgilis
You've got to do them this year too :colone: . Don't think you've escaped them :tongue:

What?! We have to do them again?! Is it the same type of thing as first year then?! Haha
Reply 606
Original post by LGrosvenor101
What?! We have to do them again?! Is it the same type of thing as first year then?! Haha

Well, we had to do it :tongue: . They hid it under the code ''Key Skills'' and is essentially just a team building exercise :tongue: . It's actually more fun in the second year as you know all the people you're working with, so it can get more competitive and driven :tongue: . It's a tremendous waste of a day though, I will say that! :lol:
Original post by Nirgilis
Well, we had to do it :tongue: . They hid it under the code ''Key Skills'' and is essentially just a team building exercise :tongue: . It's actually more fun in the second year as you know all the people you're working with, so it can get more competitive and driven :tongue: . It's a tremendous waste of a day though, I will say that! :lol:

Oh ok :P I know we have key skill workshops in the celcat timetable? Are those what you mean? haha :P
Reply 608
Original post by NiceToMeetYou
Pretty sure we should put pay upfront, as on the page point d) states something like "Choose this if your fees are paid by SLC" or something

Well I've just emailed the finance team at the uni, and I've also got this invoice which says that the 9k is due in on 30th sept so I'm guessing they know I've applied for a tuition loan and it's being paid in full by SLC, I did indicate that on the enrolment form but Idk why I ended up clicking the instalment option, is that for those who haven't applied for the loan?

EDIT: I'm assuming the SLC pay the fees directly to the uni on our behalf?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 609
Original post by Zeegie
Well I've just emailed the finance team at the uni, and I've also got this invoice which says that the 9k is due in on 30th sept so I'm guessing they know I've applied for a tuition loan and it's being paid in full by SLC, I did indicate that on the enrolment form but Idk why I ended up clicking the instalment option, is that for those who haven't applied for the loan?

EDIT: I'm assuming the SLC pay the fees directly to the uni on our behalf?

They do, and I got the same invoice :smile:.
Reply 610
Original post by s_axo
They do, and I got the same invoice :smile:.

Thank you :smile: I guess I just need to set up a direct debit for the maintenance loan payment then :smile:
Reply 611
Original post by Zeegie
Thank you :smile: I guess I just need to set up a direct debit for the maintenance loan payment then :smile:

Yep, I need to do the same but I need to find out where Im living first :colondollar:
So I haven't posted yet and think now is probably a good time to get the answer to my billion and one questions (sorry in advance) :colondollar:.
BUT, firstly: I'm Ryan: First year Politics student; I have an uncanny ability to finish off a bottle of wine in less than ten minutes; I binge-watch TV shows online until I run out of episodes; Major ski enthusiast and season ticket holder at MUFC. Also profoundly interested in politics & business so I'm always up for a debate. :biggrin:

On with the questions...

1) To clarify, does the entire 1st year undergrad intake have a VC address at 9am on Monday morning?! That's what I gathered from this.

2) Probably asked before, but I haven't found it. What are the decor restrictions for Warwick halls? On things like posters, fairy lights, rugs etc.

3) Anyone else really excited to be heading off soon?!
Reply 613
Original post by HeyyImRyan
So I haven't posted yet and think now is probably a good time to get the answer to my billion and one questions (sorry in advance) :colondollar:.
BUT, firstly: I'm Ryan: First year Politics student; I have an uncanny ability to finish off a bottle of wine in less than ten minutes; I binge-watch TV shows online until I run out of episodes; Major ski enthusiast and season ticket holder at MUFC. Also profoundly interested in politics & business so I'm always up for a debate. :biggrin:

On with the questions...

1) To clarify, does the entire 1st year undergrad intake have a VC address at 9am on Monday morning?! That's what I gathered from this.

2) Probably asked before, but I haven't found it. What are the decor restrictions for Warwick halls? On things like posters, fairy lights, rugs etc.

can we be friends pls? :colone:
Reply 614
May I ask another rather dump question, I just want to confirm that I enter the right info, my passport says I am a British Citizen so I would choose British (ex. channel islands and isle of man), right?
(edited 10 years ago)

On with the questions...

Hey Ryan.
Reply 616
Original post by mypride
May I ask another rather dump question, I just want to confirm that I enter the right info, my passport says I am a British Citizen so I would choose British (ex. channel islands and isle of man), right?

Yup!
Reply 617

On with the questions...

I know I'm bringing fairy lights! I looked at that thread with pictures of people's rooms at unis and all the fairy lights made the rooms look really warm and homey! :blush::h:

Oh lala, what TV shows?? :ahee:
Reply 618
I've set up a direct debit for accommodation. I don't need to set up one for tuition fees if SF is paying for my tuition right?
Original post by Naami
I've set up a direct debit for accommodation. I don't need to set up one for tuition fees if SF is paying for my tuition right?

Yeah, SF should pay the uni directly. We never even see any of that 9k we have to pay back some time in the future:frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending