The Student Room Group

2014 Medicine Re-Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dr.Ugs
Lol I think that's the third time you have asked that :smile:

You would be at an advantage for having 4 a levels only at Queen Mary London, in terms of A*s I don't thinks many unis discriminate them from As: apart from Oxbridge, Birmingham, Exeter and Edinburgh where A*AA is a typical offer :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am emailing uni's but they don't reply:frown:
Original post by Green Bubblegum

If you're emailing asking them something you could work out from their website (ie do I have a shot with these grades) then they're unlikely to reply at all.
Reply 1362

They won't reply to questions like this because they are not allowed to give personalised information to tell you the likelihood of the success of your application :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dr.Ugs
They won't reply to questions like this because they are not allowed to give personalised information to tell you the likelihood of the success of your application :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok thanks. Have you sorted out any job yet? I applied to a fundraising charity a couple of days ago , they asked for my number to discuss, but never called.:frown:
Reply 1364
Original post by überambitious_ox
I thought Manchester require AAA, in two years??

ahh i'm sorry I was looking at it in terms of UKCAT, i'm not sure whether they accept resits :/
Reply 1365
Does anyone know unis which accept resits?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1366
Original post by ngamble
Does anyone know unis which accept resits?

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's a section on resits in the medicine wiki. It's complicated so I can't give you a simple answer - you need to study it.
Reply 1367
Ok thanks. Have you sorted out any job yet? I applied to a fundraising charity a couple of days ago , they asked for my number to discuss, but never called.:frown:

Nope :frown: still applying atm! I hope they call soon :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dr.Ugs
Nope :frown: still applying atm! I hope they call soon :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Havve you thought about applying for a retail job in the mean time till you get a hospital job? Should be lots going.
Original post by Richyp22
Havve you thought about applying for a retail job in the mean time till you get a hospital job? Should be lots going.

I am not sure on which retail to work with.
I worked for gamestop for a week and let's say it didn't go that well.

Also, will retail really employ students in this economic climate??:confused:
Reply 1371

Security industry will employ anyone (regardless of gender or even species) :\ that's a garantee to all people who end up having to find a boring job as a last resort :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dr.Ugs
Security industry will employ anyone (regardless of gender or even species) :\ that's a garantee to all people who end up having to find a boring job as a last resort :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Alright, where can get an insight

Yes i worked in retail from 15 lol, so try next,debenhams, boots, john lewis ect. Work there till you get a hospital job. You'll gain skills and money and not get bored ****less over your gap year.
Original post by Richyp22
Yes i worked in retail from 15 lol, so try next,debenhams, boots, john lewis ect. Work there till you get a hospital job. You'll gain skills and money and not get bored ****less over your gap year.

:smile: Thanks. Btw , how much is the pay and what do you do?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by richtea5
ahh i'm sorry I was looking at it in terms of UKCAT, i'm not sure whether they accept resits :/

Ahh okay...I don't think they do, unfortunately. :frown:
Original post by Dr.Ugs
I have kind of done a draft but its not really a draft (it's a list of everything I will include :tongue: lol) so using a list I can change the order of the stuff I put in :smile:

I'm not gonna mention my gap year at all because I didn't find a job and won't be doing anything special lol. If I found a job before October the 15ths then I would include it :smile: I don't think there is a point of including stuff you haven't done yet!

Are you gonna mention your gap year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought you had to include your gap year!? Wow, everyone said you have to mention it though, right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1377
Does anyone know the Universities that allow a year's resit for 2014/2015 Entry?

Thanks in advance
:smile: Thanks. Btw , how much is the pay and what do you do?

Very poor because this was before I was 18, so like 4.90 an hour. 18+ It may be like £6-7 an hour at some places. It's not health care assistant pay but it would be better than nothing.

Original post by SuziieB
I thought you had to include your gap year!? Wow, everyone said you have to mention it though, right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You don't have to, even if you do I only mentioned a sentence or two about HCA work. As Leeds stated in their admissions statement, they can't give you marks for things you plan to do. So devoting a paragraph to how your going to go travelling the world may be put to better use through talking about things you have already done. But I know some universities like UAE may get in contact to find out what your doing during the gap year.

Also for people looking for care jobs, have you looked in care homes? They're always looking for cheap labour to fill shifts ect which can get you started! The place I volunteered at was anyway.
Reply 1379
Alright, where can get an insight

Directgov jobs :smile: good luck!!! There's thousands of vacancies on there

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending