The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by usycool1
University choices! :afraid:

If you're thinking about applying to university and want your choices in the list below, quote this post and I'll add them in for you! :biggrin:

Information you may wish to add:

What course you're going to apply for.

Your AS subjects (and grades if you like).

Your A2 subjects (and predicted/actual grades if you want to).

What universities you're thinking of applying to and their decisions (when it comes to that).

University courses

If you'd like to make any changes, just quote me. :h:

Heyy :smile:Could you please change my course to Biochem:colondollar:? I've figured I'd be tactical:colone: and apply for that and maybe change course after the first year, as most allow that, definitely Soton and KCL do, and according to Which? a higher % of candidates get offers when they apply for Biochem than Biomed.
Original post by GaloisCircles
Hey Im applying to LSE for Maths with Econ. Are you applying for straight Economics?

Nope I'm dropping Computing so I don't have the "required breadth of knowledge" that they ask.
Original post by Dilzo999
Nope I'm dropping Computing so I don't have the "required breadth of knowledge" that they ask.

I haven't really checked out the LSE admissions stuff.

Do you think I would be alright to go for Maths with Econ given my A2s will be Maths, Further Maths, Add Further Maths, Physics (dropping Chem)?
Oh alright. How comes you decided on Economics in the end. Anywhere in particular?

I enjoyed it at A Level, and my practical skills are awful so I don't think I'd make a good Physicist :tongue:
Reply 2784
Original post by Lucy96
Aw I know it's hard to think about, but you'll be absolutely fine after a bit! :biggrin: I stayed over at Liverpool Hope with my sixth form at the start of year 12, I was worried and someone kindly put a note under my door saying "I can see you..." I knew they couldn't but it still freaked me out :lol:

True, I already have a few plans to see people in the first weeks, I'm just worried none of the people in my flat will like me. . .even though the flats have about 12 people in :s-smilie:
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
I enjoyed it at A Level, and my practical skills are awful so I don't think I'd make a good Physicist :tongue:

Haha fair enough! I'm dreadful at practical/experiments stuff! I might have a small amount of econ in my degree (maths / econ)
Original post by lilGem
True, I already have a few plans to see people in the first weeks, I'm just worried none of the people in my flat will like me. . .even though the flats have about 12 people in :s-smilie:

Forgive me if im wrong but you did OCR salters chem. I just did the AS did year and was wondering what your opinions of the A2 are (coursework especially). And if you dont mind what were your UMS scores in each module?
Reply 2787
Forgive me if im wrong but you did OCR salters chem. I just did the AS did year and was wondering what your opinions of the A2 are (coursework especially). And if you dont mind what were your UMS scores in each module?

Sorry I've only done the AS :colondollar:
Original post by lilGem
Sorry I've only done the AS :colondollar:

Oh fair enough! Did you do it this year? Out of interest what did you get in the modules?
I haven't really checked out the LSE admissions stuff.

Do you think I would be alright to go for Maths with Econ given my A2s will be Maths, Further Maths, Add Further Maths, Physics (dropping Chem)?

Yeah you should have a shot if you meet the requirements. That Add FM will put you in a nice position I'd say.
hey guys, do you think 12 exams in the summer is too much?
Original post by ilikebigbuttshaha

Nope, it's perfectly normal
Yeah you should have a shot if you meet the requirements. That Add FM will put you in a nice position I'd say.

What requirements do you mean...academically? LSE doesn't interview right. So do you think I should be fine if I have 9A*4A and 5As in AS?

Im just worried because im not applying for straight maths my ALevel combo isnt broad enough, though hopefully they will see that my AS choices are!

So what course are you applying for at LSE?
Nope, it's perfectly normal

phew! Ive started revision today for my AS units, got my exam dates for summer 2014 and my timetable set! I feel so motivated to get top grades next year!!:cool:
phew! Ive started revision today for my AS units, got my exam dates for summer 2014 and my timetable set! I feel so motivated to get top grades next year!!:cool:

Oh so you're in the year below, what subjects do you take? :smile:
Early revision never hurts, but make sure you don't overdo it, don't wanna burn out :tongue:.
Oh so you're in the year below, what subjects do you take? :smile:
Early revision never hurts, but make sure you don't overdo it, don't wanna burn out :tongue:.

oh no I'm in year 13 aha, just revising for my AS exams (retakes)

yeah, about that.... haha!

At the moment im doing
Chem
Bio
Maths
(dropped psychology)
What requirements do you mean...academically? LSE doesn't interview right. So do you think I should be fine if I have 9A*4A and 5As in AS?

Im just worried because im not applying for straight maths my ALevel combo isnt broad enough, though hopefully they will see that my AS choices are!

So what course are you applying for at LSE?

Well you've got better grades than me I've only got 3 A's at AS. What are your other choices? I think you should be fine for LSE truthfully.

Its quite a lot, but certainly not too much. I had 10 in AS. But I started revision at beginning of April. I would recommend starting proper revision...ie making notes in February as I was quite stressed during exams because I think i started too late.

And you have more exams so I would recommend starting proper revision in feb. But its definitely doable...and people will now have more exams generally (though for AS I imagine only 1 or maybe 2 more).

I have 12 A2s this summer, 3 STEP and AEA (possibly)...so I think I'll start early too!

Most importantly, make sure everything you have learnt in the first term, you consolidate in the Christmas holidays.
Well you've got better grades than me I've only got 3 A's at AS. What are your other choices? I think you should be fine for LSE truthfully.

Well 3 A's is certainly impressive still! What are your AS subjects ?

Thanks...thats made me feel a bit more confident! Im applying for maths elsewhere at Camb, Imperial, Bristol and Warwick. How about you?:smile:
Well 3 A's is certainly impressive still! What are your AS subjects ?

Thanks...thats made me feel a bit more confident! Im applying for maths elsewhere at Camb, Imperial, Bristol and Warwick. How about you?:smile:

I got AAA in Maths, FM and Economics, I'm applying for Morse at Warwick, Southampton and Maths & Eco at LSE, UCL and just normal Eco at Surrey. Also shouldn't you put a decent backup uni?

Latest