The Student Room Group

Training Contracts 2015 - Let the Games Begin

Scroll to see replies

:tongue:
Original post by Gateway15
I know someone who has an offer.
Original post by Lionel_Hutz
Thanks! I got a letter today after an assessment centre on Thursday. I'll be in Manchester

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had an a/c Thursday morning for Manchester and have heard nothing back yet. Guessing that means its a rejection. Well done though! Is this for the 2013 intake?
Original post by GunsAndRoses
So I received and accepted an amazing TC offer, which unfortunately was delayed to 2016 (I wish they brought it forward - I really want to start!)

The draft SRA Training Contract I received basically states that the only termination possibilities are if; there's mutual consent, or I fail to provide references/degree proof, or the firm ceases to exist.

Just how 'secure' are training contracts that are given for a later date?

It's a well known and well regarded firm. But if they faced financial difficulty for whatever reason or they no longer wanted trainees, how would I be terminated? The contract doesn't actually have a notice period in it. Would would I be paid in compensation if the worst happened!?

I called the SRA but they refused to advise me on it. I think security is really key in my stage of life, both personally and professionally.

http://www.burges-salmon.com/news/8354.aspx- may point you in the right direction.
Original post by LawyertoB
I had an a/c Thursday morning for Manchester and have heard nothing back yet. Guessing that means its a rejection. Well done though! Is this for the 2013 intake?

Mine was that afternoon.

I wouldn't be certain it's necessarily a rejection yet, the guy who interviewed me said they were considering 2014 and 2015 intake, so there's always still a chance. My offer's for 2015. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LLMW
A really rather beautiful PFO from Cleary. A scanned letter sent to my email. Less of a 'sting' than the normal half-assed PFO's received.

Do you think it could've been because you didn't answer their phone call??

as I also missed to missed calls of blocked numbers :frown:
Original post by Capn cas
http://www.burges-salmon.com/news/8354.aspx- may point you in the right direction.

Interesting - some goodness in the world! :wink:
Reply 3126
Has anybody heard from Gordons LLP yet? Someone told me that they're having an assessment day next week for a few of the top candidates from which they'll select their trainees. I thought they only had one interview as part of the selection process?
Reply 3127
Original post by barristertobe91
Yes, PFO a week or so ago- check your spam folder mine was in there!

Is this after interview or before?
Reply 3128
Original post by Aspiringlawyer2b
Do you think it could've been because you didn't answer their phone call??

as I also missed to missed calls of blocked numbers :frown:

I don't reckon they'd PFO you cos you missed their call! Most of them say they'd call back / leave a message.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Loza134
I don't reckon they'd PFO you cos you missed their call! Most of them say they'd call back / leave a message.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the response :smile: I was thinking if I would call up the firms I'm waiting to hear from and see if it is one of them. Or would that be risky?
Here comes Monday morning :/
Original post by the punter

I have got a gut feeling the firms I am still waiting on (Travers Smith and White & Case) will finally put me out of my misery

And then the hunt starts again for next year...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3132
Original post by the punter

sighh
Original post by 95winoj
sighh

Yeah because we are both waiting for the inevitable rejection :frown:
Has anyone heard from RPC post- AC?
Original post by DownToTheRiver
I've dropped you a PM :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am also waiting to hear from Mishcon - though I have had three messages to inform me they are still reviewing - do you have any info at all? Many thanks
Reply 3136
Original post by legalsnippets
I am also waiting to hear from Mishcon - though I have had three messages to inform me they are still reviewing - do you have any info at all? Many thanks

May I ask you whether you've contacted them or was that automatic e-mail?
Original post by Hu_em_ai
May I ask you whether you've contacted them or was that automatic e-mail?

Hi there, I contacted them once and got an email. I did not contact them again and I got a personal email from a recruiter (signed with their name) and then an email saying they are still reviewing and apologising for making me wait and will be in contact asap- this was from M team. U heard?
Hi there, I contacted them once and got an email. I did not contact them again and I got a personal email from a recruiter (signed with their name) and then an email saying they are still reviewing and apologising for making me wait and will be in contact asap- this was from M team. U heard?

Sorry, to answer your question, one was automated

Only that when I was there last week the HR person supervising the assessment centre was reading through applications while we were getting on with the tasks. She also said they were still holding telephone interviews.

Their recruitment process seems to be on quite a different timetable to most firms - we were told we could expect to hear the if we'd been successful at AC within two to three weeks, which brings it up to the beginning of October!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending