The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Accommodation Offers: Meet Those In Your Halls!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 960
Original post by arty
Does anyone know about what we're not allowed in University Park Halls? I.e are we allowed a kettle? Any specific requirements?

Any electricals not allowed?

Bottom of the .pdf attached states what you aren't allowed.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 961
Original post by Tweek
Same.

that's cool, I think one of my flatmates will be there as well as 2/3 from the other flats so at least we won't be loners xD I'm tempted to go out for a cheeky little drink but it depends on money etc as I don't want to blow all my fresher's money straight away.... :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 962
Original post by Dpdr
Bottom of the .pdf attached states what you aren't allowed.

Thanks. I thought there was a mini fridge in each room?

Hahah how can a kettle take up more power than a TV!? don't get it. I understand about everything else in the pantry - but I want my own kettle for hot drinks and snacks in my room!
Reply 963
Original post by arty

Hahah how can a kettle take up more power than a TV!? don't get it. I understand about everything else in the pantry - but I want my own kettle for hot drinks and snacks in my room!

There is a mini-fridge in each room if you're in a catered hall.

I do not know, i'm guessing it's due to a few accidents with boiling hot water?

Here's a Kettle Society if you enjoy kettles and all..

https://www.su.nottingham.ac.uk/getinvolved/society/kettlesoc/
Reply 964
Original post by arty

Anything that uses heat usually takes up more wattage. For example, I realised yesterday that my hair dryer uses 2000W while the limit in halls is 1200W so I can't take that. :frown: My laptop for comparison only uses 65W!
Reply 965
Oh yeah - I can't take my hair dryer! Great!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ahnn
Anything that uses heat usually takes up more wattage. For example, I realised yesterday that my hair dryer uses 2000W while the limit in halls is 1200W so I can't take that. :frown: My laptop for comparison only uses 65W!

Is this all hair dryers.
Original post by Hippokrates
Is this all hair dryers.

Check how much watts your hair dryer uses- if it's over 1200, then sadly you can't take it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by abzy1234
Check how much watts your hair dryer uses- if it's over 1200, then sadly you can't take it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's 1800 but it's a travel size one so I doubt you can get one less that 1200W. What are we supposed to do?
It's 1800 but it's a travel size one so I doubt you can get one less that 1200W. What are we supposed to do?

Argos: http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Search/searchTerms/HAIR+DRYER+1200W.htm

I'm just going to risk it, I can't afford a new one.
I'm just going to risk it, I can't afford a new one.

Just to warn you in case, I read somewhere that one person went over 1200W and then all the lights went off or something in his corridor :tongue:
Just to warn you in case, I read somewhere that one person went over 1200W and then all the lights went off or something in his corridor :tongue:

I'm sure I won't be the only one, before this I hadn't even thought to check my hair dryer.
Reply 973
Looking to trade up my en-suite room at Cavendish hall on University Park Campus for a large single study. Can simply ring accommodation and say we want a direct swap. Anyone? :smile:
I'm sure I won't be the only one, before this I hadn't even thought to check my hair dryer.

It is quite absurd tbh- allowing TVs but not hair driers :tongue:
Reply 975

How an earth...my hairdryer is just a small travel one and it's 1600W. Heck, my huge guitar amp that i'm not even bringing and have never played at more than 40% of its maximum volume is only 140W! So odd!
Reply 976
My hair-dryer is 1200W.
How fortunate.
I don't use a hair dryer so don't have to worry about any of this :tongue:
Reply 978
Original post by MathsNerd1
I don't use a hair dryer so don't have to worry about any of this :tongue:

was just thinking this xD
Reply 979
I've got a single study at Florence Boot that I wouldn't mind trading for an Ensuite or large study room on University Park!

If anyone wanted a cheaper room? - in one of the best halls on campus.

Just a thought...?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending