Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster Uni: Official Students 13/14!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 620
Original post by jessicabw
Any other English Literature people around?

I'm doing Lang and Lit :smile:
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 621

Yes! Hello!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 622
Original post by Orthrus
That's still pretty cool, it's probably smarter than buying new things all the time! Plus i think the most creative i've gotten was wearing high tops as Darth Vader earlier on last year, so you're winning in that :tongue: Ever been to a UV rave?
Haha, alright, spain and france are a bit more normal i suppose! Funnily enough, i've never been to spain before even though that seems like where everybody in britain goes :') Just embrace the knots! At a certain point, your hair might even start being able to hold objects - like i can put a pencil or two in mine when i'm bored - but i doubt you can grow an afro :lol:
In which case, i'm hoping that literally everyone asks you for you life story, just to annoy you :') I haven't had to use my small talk moves in a long long time, so i'm worried i'm gonna talk about the weather, BBC parliament or something :facepalm:

Yeah it's basically because I refuse to pay like fifty quid for something I'll wear once :') so I try get creative :') if I have to buy things for it I try buy clothes I can wear again as clothes :smile: no I haven't actually, have you? Haha yeah they're more normal :') I've only been to Spain once! Been to France a lot though haha :') never! I hate having knotty hair! Feels horrible :') no I don't think I can grow an Afro hahaha :')
Well that's just mean! I won't mind a few times but after abit it'll just be like -_- ahaha weather-it's raining again :wink: at least telling and hearing life stories means that there's something to talk about :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 623
Original post by HannahS95
Yeah it's basically because I refuse to pay like fifty quid for something I'll wear once :') so I try get creative :') if I have to buy things for it I try buy clothes I can wear again as clothes :smile: no I haven't actually, have you? Haha yeah they're more normal :') I've only been to Spain once! Been to France a lot though haha :') never! I hate having knotty hair! Feels horrible :') no I don't think I can grow an Afro hahaha :')
Well that's just mean! I won't mind a few times but after abit it'll just be like -_- ahaha weather-it's raining again :wink: at least telling and hearing life stories means that there's something to talk about :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

For fifty quid, i'd hope they offered you authentic costumes or something - at very least a real sword or something! I kind of do something similar, like in AS i bought a pirate hat, shirt and that, and just wore jeans and old boots i had already with it :lol: Nope, me neither. I thought they'd died out in the 80's :')
Ahh, So you ski in france? I went to amsterdam and paris as well when i was younger, but usually most my trips have been to visit family more than for an actual holiday :tongue: It's knot so bad... Until you have you brush or comb it D:
Will you survive doing it 6-8 times then? :wink: Maybe you should just gather your flatmates for one group life story telling :') Meanwhile, I plan on buying my way into my flatmates heart via sweets and cakes!
Reply 624
Original post by Orthrus
For fifty quid, i'd hope they offered you authentic costumes or something - at very least a real sword or something! I kind of do something similar, like in AS i bought a pirate hat, shirt and that, and just wore jeans and old boots i had already with it :lol: Nope, me neither. I thought they'd died out in the 80's :')
Ahh, So you ski in france? I went to amsterdam and paris as well when i was younger, but usually most my trips have been to visit family more than for an actual holiday :tongue: It's knot so bad... Until you have you brush or comb it D:
Will you survive doing it 6-8 times then? :wink: Maybe you should just gather your flatmates for one group life story telling :') Meanwhile, I plan on buying my way into my flatmates heart via sweets and cakes!

Yeah, they're always rubbish though, so not worth the money you spend on them! Home made ones usually look better! And even if its rubbish at least people can see you've put effort in! Haha I'm excited for it though! Although not sure if we should buy uv paint orrr? Yeah idk :')
Erm I've skied in France quite abit, but I've skied in other places too haha, but we used to go to France every year in summer :') ahah that's cool I've not been to Amsterdam! None of my family live in interesting places, so there would be no way on earth that visiting could be classed as a holiday :') yeah but I like brushing my hair!
Hahaha I think I'll survive :wink: though it would probably be easier to tell more than one person at once... :') hahahah good plan :wink: I aim to charm them with my winning personality :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 625
Yeah, they're always rubbish though, so not worth the money you spend on them! Home made ones usually look better! And even if its rubbish at least people can see you've put effort in! Haha I'm excited for it though! Although not sure if we should buy uv paint orrr? Yeah idk :')
Erm I've skied in France quite abit, but I've skied in other places too haha, but we used to go to France every year in summer :') ahah that's cool I've not been to Amsterdam! None of my family live in interesting places, so there would be no way on earth that visiting could be classed as a holiday :') yeah but I like brushing my hair!
Hahaha I think I'll survive :wink: though it would probably be easier to tell more than one person at once... :') hahahah good plan :wink: I aim to charm them with my winning personality :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know, but one of them came with a cape!! I couldn't pass up getting a cape! But yeah, homemade ones are more fun i think :') I think we would probably need to, i doubt they're gonna give 200+ students a pot of UV paint each - Umm, where do you even buy UV paint? B&Q? :lol:
Well i have two sisters who live in australia and new york respectively, so i sometimes have interesting trips :') Like before AS i went to sydney then australian newcastle for a month - So many things that could kill me :redface: Where else have you been skiing?
Hahaha, first we'll have to see if this ego of yours can fit through the door of your flat :wink: You never know, you might even be in mine! You'll be able to tell from the doctor who posters i'm gonna put up :tongue:
Original post by katie55

Might see you at the Harry Potter society if I'm brave enough to go

There is a Harry Potter society? I am attempting to suppress my inner geek now. :colondollar:
Original post by Garrow1564
There is a Harry Potter society? I am attempting to suppress my inner geek now. :colondollar:

Harry Potter society?! I know what I am joining :lol:

I am looking forward to see the Pendle bar decorated like Willy Wonka's chocolate factory :colondollar:
Reply 628
Original post by Garrow1564

Just looking through the HP society website and they even seem to do Quidditch! - http://www.lupottersoc.moonfruit.com/#/quidditch/4546333182
Reply 629
Does anyone know when you find out if you'll receive a bursary or not? Im getting worried now because i havent heard anything :frown:
Reply 630
Original post by brookex
Does anyone know when you find out if you'll receive a bursary or not? Im getting worried now because i havent heard anything :frown:

They automatically assess whether you're eligible based on your student finance application. Im not sure when they give it to you though, maybe ring them up? :smile:
Original post by brookex

I read somewhere that they contact you a few weeks after you've started your course, and then if you're eligible, you receive the bursary in February. :smile:

Hi there! 😀 Im doing lit and linguistics :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 633
Original post by Orthrus
I know, but one of them came with a cape!! I couldn't pass up getting a cape! But yeah, homemade ones are more fun i think :') I think we would probably need to, i doubt they're gonna give 200+ students a pot of UV paint each - Umm, where do you even buy UV paint? B&Q? :lol:
Well i have two sisters who live in australia and new york respectively, so i sometimes have interesting trips :') Like before AS i went to sydney then australian newcastle for a month - So many things that could kill me :redface: Where else have you been skiing?
Hahaha, first we'll have to see if this ego of yours can fit through the door of your flat :wink: You never know, you might even be in mine! You'll be able to tell from the doctor who posters i'm gonna put up :tongue:

Hahaha capes are pretty cool! My mum made me one for a witches costume when I was little hehe so you can make your own :wink: yeah, don't wanna be spending loads on UV paint that I wear once though :') I think you just get it from fancy dress shops or like online or something :')
Oh wow, that's a lot cooler than visiting Scunthorpe! I can't decide if I would want to go to Australia or not, I mean it seems pretty cool, but then I hate long flights and I'm scared of creepy crawlies hahaha :') eeerm been skiing all over really! France, Switzerland, Austria, Canada, America, different resorts in each of those :') going to Italy skiing just after new year :') my parents like to visit different resorts haha :') woooooooaaaaah, ouch! :wink: hahah true! I haven't got any posters at home, don't know if ill feel like getting any or if I'll just put up pictures :') I have got this cool picture that I got in Russia, like done with spray paints in the street, but it's so so good, genuinely amazing! I can't put it up at home because I need a frame here but I'm thinking of pinning it up at uni!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 634
Hahaha capes are pretty cool! My mum made me one for a witches costume when I was little hehe so you can make your own :wink: yeah, don't wanna be spending loads on UV paint that I wear once though :') I think you just get it from fancy dress shops or like online or something :')
Oh wow, that's a lot cooler than visiting Scunthorpe! I can't decide if I would want to go to Australia or not, I mean it seems pretty cool, but then I hate long flights and I'm scared of creepy crawlies hahaha :') eeerm been skiing all over really! France, Switzerland, Austria, Canada, America, different resorts in each of those :') going to Italy skiing just after new year :') my parents like to visit different resorts haha :') woooooooaaaaah, ouch! :wink: hahah true! I haven't got any posters at home, don't know if ill feel like getting any or if I'll just put up pictures :') I have got this cool picture that I got in Russia, like done with spray paints in the street, but it's so so good, genuinely amazing! I can't put it up at home because I need a frame here but I'm thinking of pinning it up at uni!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahah, that's adorable! But yeah, capes are infinitely cool - I just wish they were acceptable to wear in everyday life :') Why only wear it once? You could put the paint in the wash with your clothes and your clothes would glow in the right light... i think :biggrin:
To be fair, i have an aversion to spiders, and somehow found myself rather enjoying a spider exhibit while there :') You probably won't see many creepy crawlies, but the flights were definitely awful - it took an entire day from newcastle to sydney D: That's really amazing, you've certainly travelled a lot - I like how you guys try go to different resorts! :')
You should, it sounds really unique! It's always good to have something up on the walls - Then again, this is from the boy who has had to scale back on posters over the past few years :lol:
Reply 635
Original post by XTRdigital
Yeah can't wait to go been counting the days down... 21 days !!! :biggrin:

Have you sorted out all your stuff for uni yet?

It's so strange it seems so far away and yet really close at the same time it's quite scary :s

I went to a different uni last year so already have most things I just need to sort out bedding, they have such silly sized beds at Lancaster :rolleyes:

what about you?
Reply 636
Original post by Orthrus
Hahah, that's adorable! But yeah, capes are infinitely cool - I just wish they were acceptable to wear in everyday life :') Why only wear it once? You could put the paint in the wash with your clothes and your clothes would glow in the right light... i think :biggrin:
To be fair, i have an aversion to spiders, and somehow found myself rather enjoying a spider exhibit while there :') You probably won't see many creepy crawlies, but the flights were definitely awful - it took an entire day from newcastle to sydney D: That's really amazing, you've certainly travelled a lot - I like how you guys try go to different resorts! :')
You should, it sounds really unique! It's always good to have something up on the walls - Then again, this is from the boy who has had to scale back on posters over the past few years :lol:

Hehe I was pretty adorable :wink: hahaha I can't say I've ever really wanted to wear a cape in real life :wink: actually girls can cos its like a type of coat hehe :wink: eeeeer because that would ruin my clothes? :wink: I might use it again but there would be no guarantee!
Omg I just had to call my dad to catch a big spider from my room! I'm a wuss okay :') I can't cope with spiders or snakes or anything like that they freak me out too much :') yeah I can cope with the boredom I just hate plane food and the smell of plane food ugh awful! Going to San Fran was bad enough and that was only 12 hours :') yeah I have quite abit, it's pretty awesome though I don't really like the actual travelling part! Though I suppose most people don't :') hahah yeah well I wanted to get it framed but never got round to it, so I think this is a good solution! I don't think I've ever had any posters, but only because I can't put any on my walls! I've just got lots of paintings etc in my room :smile: it's quite cute actually haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 637
Original post by Orthrus

Well they've been winning accommodation awards for the past few years now, so i think you should expect to be impressed - i never got the chance to look myself because it was either that or look around the departments, and i wanted to get a feel of the actual uni :') You'll probably have to get used to a smaller sized kitchen, but i think lots of things were refurbished recently so not quite new, but it all should be in good shape :smile: Yeah, your odds don't look fantastic, but either way it should be fine - After all, there's only a difference of 2 people :tongue: And you get to go through it all again in 20 days! :woo:

It looks nice in the pictures so hoping for the best. Although maybe I should prepare myself for the worst so I am impressed :tongue: I went in June and nothing was open so I just had a walk round the campus but everything looked good so I hope everything will be alright. I heard they were refurbished recently so fingers crossed :smile: It was three people which sounds silly but it is actually quite a lot although I guess it makes your odds of finding a really good friend better and means there should always be someone to talk to.
Yikes it's eighteen now :s-smilie: I guess it does seem close although I keep thinking of it as far away as it's almost three weeks left of working and I'm so fed up with it now, I just want to start uni again. It was amazing last time and I think this fresher's will be even better. Grizedale released the full fresher's time table last week and it looks really good have you got yours yet?
Original post by katie55
It's so strange it seems so far away and yet really close at the same time it's quite scary :s

I went to a different uni last year so already have most things I just need to sort out bedding, they have such silly sized beds at Lancaster :rolleyes:

what about you?

Why don't you just order bedding from here? http://online-payments.lancaster-university.co.uk/browse/department.asp?compid=1&modid=1&deptid=3
Reply 639
Has anyone starting buying software for their laptops/desktops yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending