The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4700
Original post by Ninjasrule
OCR A: Biology (self taught), Chemistry, Physics
AQA: Mathematics, Spanish, French

But I'm dropping one of the languages :smile:

It is, but I completely clear out my Sundays of any studying which is fine for me ^_^
Yep I am doing self-taught bio, but I go to the bio teachers whenever I need help with something although this website I use is great! http://asbiology101.wordpress.com/
Wow, that's completely unfair :/ - it really only needs about an hour of teaching a week if it's similar to general studies
Nooo, don't buy them - use the internet! If you're going to buy anything, buy a couple of revision guides for each subject but otherwise keep nagging the librarian until you get better books XD

Added ... and I'd definitely drop french ;D
Reply 4701
Original post by hisdark
Hi :smile:

I'm doing:

Edexcel Maths
Edexcel Further Maths
AQA Chemistry
AQA Physics
OCR Computing

Hello :h: I've added you :yy:

Original post by MatthewP01
Hey man :smile: Cheers for starting the thread! I'm doing CCEA Chemistry, Biology, Maths and History!

I've added you too :yy:
Well I ended up dropping Further Maths so you can take me off the list. Apparently my GCSE Physics teacher said 5 would be too much and I'm not even gonna get a chance to prove it:frown:. A girl in my year got a chance to do Maths, Further Maths and the 3 sciences and her GCSEs weren't as good as mine which is a kick in the teeth.
Original post by techno836
Hello :h: I've added you :yy:

I've added you too :yy:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4703
Original post by Red Fox
Well I ended up dropping Further Maths so you cant take me off the list. Apparently my GCSE Physics teacher said5 would be too much and I'm not even gonna get a chance to prove it:frown:. A girl in my year got a chance to do Maths, Further Maths and the 3 sciences and her GCSEs weren't as good as mine which is a kick in the teeth.

Ahh okay that's a shame :frown: i may too end up dropping further maths yet, my school have allowed me a one month trial run to see how it goes :/ but Decision maths last thing on a Thursday is not good :frown:
Original post by NikolaT

(Sorry... I'm in Sixth Form, yet still not mature. )

Haha dear me! I don’t think any of us are yet :tongue:

Original post by Lucas.
I really want to, I just don't have the money. Hit me, I'm pretty good when it comes to music, I know a lot (and I mean a lot) of stuff old and new.

Errmmm.. Not too sure really, just getting back into a routine I guess, and having something to do. You?

They’re only 50p from my charity shop! Hit me with your rhythm stick, hit me! Brenda Lee, Del Shannon, Roy Orbison (you must know of him)?

Yes, that is a good point. It’s nice to do German again, I missed German, and to generally see everyone again.
Ahh okay that's a shame :frown: i may too end up dropping further maths yet, my school have allowed me a one month trial run to see how it goes :/ but Decision maths last thing on a Thursday is not good :frown:

I have a fantastic end to the week, Fridays are triple Chemistry and double Physics. Easy way to end as you can see:biggrin:
I was so motivated for the year and doing 5 subjects, feeling a bit demotivated now
Reply 4707
Original post by Red Fox
I have a fantastic end to the week, Fridays are triple Chemistry and double Physics. Easy way to end as you can see:biggrin:

That's not bad :biggrin: i had triple chemistry today :woo: .. my Fridays are triple physics and double maths :h:
That's not bad :biggrin: i had triple chemistry today :woo: .. my Fridays are triple physics and double maths :h:

I had triple History and double Maths today and it was a good first day:smile:
Reply 4709
Original post by Red Fox
I had triple History and double Maths today and it was a good first day:smile:

was it your first day back today ?

and what did you do in maths, just recapping GCSE ?
Reply 4710
Edexcel Maths
OCR A Chemistry, Physics, Biology.
Reply 4711
Original post by Red Fox
I was so motivated for the year and doing 5 subjects, feeling a bit demotivated now

yeah i'm just going to do 4 now and aim for 90+ ums in those 4 instead
Reply 4712
Original post by pathosL
Edexcel Maths
OCR A Chemistry, Physics, Biology.

Added :yy:
was it your first day back today ?

and what did you do in maths, just recapping GCSE ?

Yeah it was:tongue: I had 1 hour of mechanics which was pretty basic stuff (scalars, vectors) and 1 hour introduction to the course and some work on surds. Very easy stuff tbh:redface:
Original post by pathosL
yeah i'm just going to do 4 now and aim for 90+ ums in those 4 instead

It's weird though, I felt so motivated for the first time in my school life and when I got told I had to do 4 I just felt all that motivation disappear
Reply 4715
Original post by Red Fox
Yeah it was:tongue: I had 1 hour of mechanics which was pretty basic stuff (scalars, vectors) and 1 hour introduction to the course and some work on surds. Very easy stuff tbh:redface:

Will you have an entrance exam ? My school have entrance exams for all sciences and maths :smile:
Reply 4716
All pretty simple so far, but I've heard after Unit 1 is the real difficulty increase
Original post by RagaZ
AWESOME website!!

Hehe, I'm glad someone agrees! My only problem with it is that it needs updating a little bit. Apart from that it's brilliant!
Reply 4718
Went to the library last period to do some work......year 9s loudly come in 10 minutes later oh
Will you have an entrance exam ? My school have entrance exams for all sciences and maths :smile:

Not so much an entrance exams but I have tests coming up and if you do badly they will review your place:tongue:

Latest