The Student Room Group

The Biology AS-level Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by techno836
Hello .. you stilll havent told me your subjects for the Y12 Thread or i would have PM'ed you :lol:

You still wanting to do veterinary science :holmes:

If Zed doesn't make it .. i have the free time to make it :rolleyes:

I've got to do my homework first.

I'll add them to the OP thanks :h: and i'll give you a courtesy too ;D

No problem haha :biggrin:
Reply 22
Original post by JustaDreamer
:five: It's my favourite science :biggrin: Cool how come it was two years ago? I presume it was in your GCSE spec? Hmm I can never decide between human and environmental; but they both win over the ethical arguments that tag along with all the good stuff :rolleyes:

It was part of my Human Health and Physiology Course :rolleyes: god that was HARD !

i also had to know tests for Sugars,Protein and something else :lol: fats maybe? :lol:

yeah ethical questions are quite annoying and becoming more frequent :lol: :rolleyes:
Reply 23
Original post by zed963
I've got to do my homework first.

Finished mine :lol:

I'll do it tomorrow :h:
Reply 24
Finished mine :lol:

I'll do it tomorrow :h:

Mine weren't easy. As you can see on this thread, I had no idea what I was doing and I feel that my A-level classes are always rushing through stuff.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2461097&p=44427079#post44427079
Reply 25
Original post by zed963
Mine weren't easy. As you can see on this thread, I had no idea what I was doing and I feel that my A-level classes are always rushing through stuff.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2461097&p=44427079#post44427079

Ahhhh :lol: i'm not sure how i'm going to feel about physics this year :s-smilie: i just hope my teacher is good :sigh:
Hiya everyone :smile:

I had a few lessons in biology so far, mainly doing stuff about organelles and electron microscopes so nothing too hard XD I think biology is definitely my favourite subject at the moment. Do any of you know your school work out your predicted AS grades? I'm new so i'm guessing all they have to base it on is my GCSE results??
Reply 27
woop woop im in

but shouldnt we do like.... you know exam board specific ?

ryan
It was part of my Human Health and Physiology Course :rolleyes: god that was HARD !

i also had to know tests for Sugars,Protein and something else :lol: fats maybe? :lol:

yeah ethical questions are quite annoying and becoming more frequent :lol: :rolleyes:

Ah right :biggrin: I know right; I thought I was all done with them in R.S. Nope. They came up in Core, Additional, and then Triple Science. :nooo: And they were mostly the same questions on Stem cells and the like. And I think it's coming up in my A-level course too :yucky: :angry: Have you had a lesson in all of your subjects yet? I start Maths and Lit tomorrow :afraid:
Reply 29
Original post by vampirebobfish

I had a few lessons in biology so far, mainly doing stuff about organelles and electron microscopes so nothing too hard XD I think biology is definitely my favourite subject at the moment. Do any of you know your school work out your predicted AS grades? I'm new so i'm guessing all they have to base it on is my GCSE results??

Mine will do it on 3 things
A) GCSE result
B) Entrance exam Result
C) How hard they see you working in class !
Hi fellow biology people!! :wavey: I've just started studying microscopy with one teacher and the circulatory and gas exchange systems in various animals (and the diseases that affect them) with the other. I'm so happy, I've got fairly awful teachers for some subjects but for biology I have two of the best, which is great!
Original post by vampirebobfish

I've been at my school since year 7 and they're still basing m predicted grades only on GCSE results... something about avoiding bias so new students and old students are equal :confused: but I don't really mind. I got decent GCSE results, and if I smash my AS level targets then my predicted grades for uni will just be higher :biggrin:
Reply 32
Ah right :biggrin: I know right; I thought I was all done with them in R.S. Nope. They came up in Core, Additional, and then Triple Science. :nooo: And they were mostly the same questions on Stem cells and the like. And I think it's coming up in my A-level course too :yucky: :angry: Have you had a lesson in all of your subjects yet? I start Maths and Lit tomorrow :afraid:

It probably will do :lol: probably in Genetically engineering :yep: Yep everything except Further maths FP1 and M2 :frown: .. physics slightly as we had admin, then our books weren't here yet so it was more maths :lol:
If anyone finds Bio hard, PM me:biggrin:
Reply 34
Is anyone else doing AQA btw ?
Yay! Thank you so much :biggrin:
It probably will do :lol: probably in Genetically engineering :yep: Yep everything except Further maths FP1 and M2 :frown: .. physics slightly as we had admin, then our books weren't here yet so it was more maths :lol:

Ah that maths :rolleyes: I'll probably find it in my English Lit book at some point...signing out now; I'll see ya later wolf :cool: Good luck with your lessons! :smile:
Reply 37
Original post by ryanb97
Is anyone else doing AQA btw ?

At A level i don't believe there is THAT much difference in the specs, just the organisation of exams and modules so I've been told :/

Original post by overthelove
Yay! Thank you so much :biggrin:

No problem It will be useful later when we come across stuff we're struggling with :h:
Hello .. you stilll havent told me your subjects for the Y12 Thread or i would have PM'ed you :lol:

You still wanting to do veterinary science :holmes:

Well I do:
OCR Biology
Edexcel Maths
OCR Physics and
OCR Salters Chemistry

Nah, I've pretty much given up on that :tongue: . It's ridiculously competitive (some say more so than normal med) so I don't think I'd stand a chance :tongue: . Still interested in biology though :smile:
Reply 39
Ah that maths :rolleyes: I'll probably find it in my English Lit book at some point...signing out now; I'll see ya later wolf :cool: Good luck with your lessons! :smile:

Haha yeah :lol: and byee :h: you too :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest