The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I had a great day at College today I got homework in Physics on Specific Charge=mass/charge(measured in CKg^-1)( which is really easy and fun because its Maths)-I actually completed the homework in class because I was so quick answering them and my teacher said "Wow" when she went past me because most pupils in the class had hardly even started and I was onto the 2nd page at this point.

To add to this.I had a great and interesting lesson in Geography today where I learned that we can only use 0.03% of the Earth's water because most of it is salty water in the sea(97%),soaked into the soil(0.72%) or held in glaciers(2.25%).I got homework on the Water Balance in a Drainage Basin Hydrological Cycle, which refers to the topic of Rivers,Floods and Management.
I had to rush my dinner to get to my lesson at 12:15 but I was still able to eat half a plate of Chips and Beans, which was very filling and I also found out I could use the card at 11:45 so I could have had more time to eat my dinner, at least the tight Lunch period is only for one day.
One of the adults who was helping my Physics teacher told me an easy way to write neatly for extended writing questions, by writing in block capitals-How have I not thought of this before? it actually works and I can still write almost as fast and the letters stand out a lot more.
Just a quick question to those who do edexcel maths or any math board at all, i was forced to do decision maths instead of mechanics and i can't change it. I have no idea on what to expect from decision maths, any input please?
I got the impression my Physics Teacher really hated Neutrons because she kept going on about how they were worthless and did nothing, which makes you wonder how much she hates neutrinos because they have much less mass too.
Anyone want to help with Q2 or shall I post it in the Physics forum? ImageUploadedByStudent Room1378755905.054540.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was told I couldn't study AS Chemistry due to the class being over-subscribed but today I got told I could join the class, so now I'm studying Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths! I think I'm still in a small state of shock at studying AS Maths. I never thought I would be capable of studying it. Is anyone else extremely excited about studying their options? I know I am but by the looks on the faces of my fellow classmates it would seem they all count down the minutes until they get to leave, and I can't help but wonder why they chose the subject if they don't enjoy it?!
Original post by Teh Smart One
Just a quick question to those who do edexcel maths or any math board at all, i was forced to do decision maths instead of mechanics and i can't change it. I have no idea on what to expect from decision maths, any input please?

A lot of Decision Maths isn't really Maths and Mechanics Modules are much more exciting and useful for University.Decision Maths is based on Algorithms and learning about how computers solve Maths problems and you will be doing a lot of drawings of arrows which make up webs but there is some easy stuff like the bubble sort algorithm, which consists of working out the smallest number out of two numbers and swapping them depending on which number is the smallest.
I have got a really long day at College tomorrow because I have had my tutorial added to the day at 4.30pm.I have to get a minibus to St.Peters at 9.00 am and my tutorial finishes 5.30pm-I will try to arrive at College for 8.15am so that if there is a problem with the buses then I will still get there on time and this allows me to do some extra studying, which really helped me learn some key words for Geography and allowed me to understand the Hydrological Cycle better.
Reply 4789
Original post by Red Fox
It's weird though, I felt so motivated for the first time in my school life and when I got told I had to do 4 I just felt all that motivation disappear

i felt like that at first too :/
Is it just me or has everyone got a ton of homework from AS History. I hate to admit it but the jump in terms
of workload is huge. I've got 1,000 word essay to finish up as summer work I kinda expect this to be the norm.

Has anybody here ordered their AS Subject Books yet?
Reply 4791
Original post by SophieB1997
Anyone want to help with Q2 or shall I post it in the Physics forum? ImageUploadedByStudent Room1378755905.054540.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

2a Use th formula .... (v-u)/t

Original post by Teh Smart One

I don't think i;m gonna enjoy Decision maths :frown: its actually alot like computing and a language combined :/ But i've had one lesson and that was terrible, it can really only get better :lol:
Reply 4792
Original post by techno836

I don't think i;m gonna enjoy Decision maths :frown: its actually alot like computing and a language combined :/ But i've had one lesson and that was terrible, it can really only get better :lol:

Well you think you've got it bad, I appear to have jinxed myself earlier on in the thread by saying I didn't want to do mechanics, because I was just talking to my mate who did Maths today, and he did mechanics. I am not happy. :biggrin:

It's mainly part e that I need help with, but thanks anyway :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Lucas.
This is probably a terrible picture, but here is my almost ruined timetable in all it's glory. :biggrin:

[PIC]

It's showing my college name.. Oh well. #yolo 'n' that.

Mine is much more intense :/

As long as it isn't put in text it can't leave a digital footprint! Plus I was more entertained by the fact that you use a pink highlighter :tongue:

Original post by Lucas.
A little bit of coursework never hurt anybody mate. :wink:

Science
97/100 in Biology exam, D in the controlled assessment. TWICE. Wut.

Eng lang
CC in assessments, A in exam

eng lit.
D in assessment, BBB in exams

Coursework didn't hurt me, it knocked me into a coma.

On a lighter note I don't have to pay for remarks! :biggrin:

Original post by Lucas.
Well you think you've got it bad, I appear to have jinxed myself earlier on in the thread by saying I didn't want to do mechanics, because I was just talking to my mate who did Maths today, and he did mechanics. I am not happy. :biggrin:

I want to do Calculus because stereotypical geeks love it xD
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4795
Original post by Lucas.

Oh dear :lol:

Haha okay i havent covered that yet but i'll give it a read and see what i can come up with :lol:
(edited 10 years ago)
Oh dear :lol:

Haha okay i havent covered that yet but i'll give it a read and see what i can come up with :lol:

That's okay, I'm not sure we've covered it either. My teacher's new and I'm not sure if he's ever taught before, let alone this particular course so I'm not sure if he realises that we can't do that question :confused:
Reply 4797

That's okay, I'm not sure we've covered it either. My teacher's new and I'm not sure if he's ever taught before, let alone this particular course so I'm not sure if he realises that we can't do that question :confused:

Oh haha :lol: do you have a physics textbook there will be a method in there probably :h:
Reply 4798
Original post by 21stcenturyphantom
I was told I couldn't study AS Chemistry due to the class being over-subscribed but today I got told I could join the class, so now I'm studying Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths! I think I'm still in a small state of shock at studying AS Maths. I never thought I would be capable of studying it. Is anyone else extremely excited about studying their options? I know I am but by the looks on the faces of my fellow classmates it would seem they all count down the minutes until they get to leave, and I can't help but wonder why they chose the subject if they don't enjoy it?!

I'm not doing maths or sciences but before in school I used to count down the minutes till the end of lessons but now I'm in year 12 I look at my watch and am like oh gosh it's nearly end of the lesson already. I love my subjects and my lessons seem to go so fast!
Reply 4799
Na'night people :h: have a good day tomorrow :h:

Latest