The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2860
Original post by Endless Blue
Is there a big difference between the word and line count on UCAS and MS Word? Help me please..

There is some, but check it on UCAS and on word as you go along :smile:
Argh. Had a day off today due to the Lower Sixth coming in. Turns out the total number of students has risen to 4,100. This is going to be interesting - we were full enough with last year's 3,607.
Reply 2862
Original post by Choppie
Argh. Had a day off today due to the Lower Sixth coming in. Turns out the total number of students has risen to 4,100. This is going to be interesting - we were full enough with last year's 3,607.

The lowers have only just come in??
Are you a school or just a sixth form? Either way that's a massive group of people :/

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
Original post by adi19956
It's ridiculous how schools would actively block students from wanting to learn! Fair enough if you wanted to take 6 completely separate subjects, but AS AFM is just more maths and you reuse what you already know. I don't get it :confused:

I don't get it either, I always end up getting my parents involved and winning but why do they make it so hard :frown:
Original post by usycool1

Indeed! :lol: To think I didn't like it for a while :facepalm:

Nobody can not like chemistry, its just not logical! I'm glad you've come to your senses really. What changed your mind in the end?
Original post by mynameisntbobk
Nobody can not like chemistry, its just not logical! I'm glad you've come to your senses really. What changed your mind in the end?

It really is! :tongue: I have no idea tbh, I was just reading through it for 'fun' today and thought "You know what? This is actually kinda interesting... :holmes:" :tongue:
The lowers have only just come in??
Are you a school or just a sixth form? Either way that's a massive group of people :/

Just a sixth form. No school attached. We have 1,800 Upper Sixth (we started last week), and 2,300 lowers.
Original post by usycool1
It really is! :tongue: I have no idea tbh, I was just reading through it for 'fun' today and thought "You know what? This is actually kinda interesting... :holmes:" :tongue:

No need for the inverted commas since it is sincerely fun :wink: ah that's good, that's how I feel whenever I look in all of my textbooks :tongue: then sure enough I get bored
Reply 2868
Original post by Robbie242
I don't get it either, I always end up getting my parents involved and winning but why do they make it so hard :frown:

I've been trying hard not to get my parents involved as I want the school to see my point of view, but I may have to. Parents evening is on Friday :biggrin:

Original post by Choppie
Just a sixth form. No school attached. We have 1,800 Upper Sixth (we started last week), and 2,300 lowers.

Wowowowow. That's a lot of students! What's the average class size?
Ugh they gave me the same exact reason for being so hostile against AS additional further maths, they have no faith in me!

Feeling revolutionary? Why Trotsky? :holmes:
Original post by Endless Blue
Feeling revolutionary? Why Trotsky? :holmes:

Mhmm. Trotsky is my idol, he organised the revolution :colone:
Reply 2871
Just wondering, what sort of grades do you think would be realistic for an insurance offer of mine?
I got AAB and hope to get predictions of A*AA but maybe more realistically at A*AB. Hoping to do economics, which i got AA for econ+psychology and a B for maths (Damn you bad C2 day!)
I've been trying hard not to get my parents involved as I want the school to see my point of view, but I may have to. Parents evening is on Friday :biggrin:

Wowowowow. That's a lot of students! What's the average class size?

In Maths and Physics, it's around 20ish. For Computing, it's more like 30, as they have decided to move one of the old A2 teaching blocks to AS.
Original post by Jkizer
Just wondering, what sort of grades do you think would be realistic for an insurance offer of mine?
I got AAB and hope to get predictions of A*AA but maybe more realistically at A*AB. Hoping to do economics, which i got AA for econ+psychology and a B for maths (Damn you bad C2 day!)

perhaps A*AA firm or something

and AAB insurance?
Reply 2874
perhaps A*AA firm or something

and AAB insurance?

Hmm ok thanks for the tip :smile:

Teacher was going bezerk as I wanted to put an ABB uni as my insurance :frown:
Told me that I needed a much lower offer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2875
Reading some of that makes me think of my school.... back in year 10, a few of us took IGCSE maths early. And so in year 11, we had hoped to make a start on AS maths. However, the stubborn maths dept was like: here, do IGCSE further pure maths! IGCSE futher pure maths is pretty much an overlap of the core maths in A-level, and it didn't help that for most of the year our maths teacher didn't know enough math himself. About 4 months before exams, a new teacher came and my results improved somewhat... getting a B overall.

The next year for AS maths, I decided to take C3 module early. But she wouldn't give textbooks and said I shouldn't do it because there wouldn't be any teachers to help because of timetabling problems. When it got closer to exam times, the head of maths, sixth-form and another teacher were telling me I shouldn't do it because I would get bad grades and totally mess up my grades. Still did it and got an 85/100 on my own.

Problem was those teachers all left this year so no one to really prove to about my C3 result.
Reply 2876
textbooks have been dispatched :woo:
Teachers are getting my history papers back, how embarrassing, don't want them reading my answers :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2878
Why am I such a horrible bitch?
Original post by Pandora.
Why am I such a horrible bitch?

hmm? :K:

Latest