The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Uzzy?
She isn't :tongue:

Erm sorry I can't help you there :redface:

Fair enoughs. I assumed not :biggrin: But thanks! :smile: Way I see it is you can store 630(ish) files of 1080p blu ray movies on it or 1150(ish) 720p movies, taking the cost to 32p/movie or 17.4p/movie
Reply 5721
Original post by Uzzy?
I don't know whether you're trying to make a point here about doctors laughing or you genuinely find that funny :lolwut:

Original post by de_monies
Lol she sounds like it!

It's a joke.
Reply 5722
Original post by The Angry Stoic
I try not to be prejudice. Of course I'm only human. Everyone can get frustrated when faced with someone totally unable to explore their world view.

So you'd say there is a bigger rich-poor divide?

I don't want to debate :mmm: Just chat and ask questions if that's ok.

So having been to both countries, what would you introduce from Britain to Pakistan and vice versa?

Fair enough, I guess that attitude may be a reflection of yours. Anyone who feels strongly about something will feel some sort of frustration when defending it- gotta remember it works both ways.

Yeah definitely.

From Britain to Pakistan, the healthcare and education system. The political system...hmm I don't see ours (the British) as a democracy but I don't really want to go into conspiracy theories here. From Pakistan to Britain- the food, halal meat (:colone:) haha but I think that's already been well and truly introduced. I keep going on about the healthcare system, but a lot of Pakistani- the village dwellers are very fit and healthy due the unprocessed food and organic diet. I'm pretty sure a man from Kashmir broke the guinness world of records recently being recorded as the oldest man alive.

I can't really remember much of Pakistan as a child other than the scenic views and family- both of which I have here. Although I would say if you have a decent living, growing up in Pakistan is more fun.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5723
Original post by Lil08
It's a joke.

All praise be to the Lord.
Original post by Uzzy?
Fair enough, I guess that attitude may be a reflection of yours. Anyone who feels strongly about something will feel some sort of frustration when defending it- gotta remember it works both ways.

Yeah definitely.

From Britain to Pakistan, the healthcare and education system. The political system...hmm I don't see ours (the British) as a democracy but I don't really want to go into conspiracy theories here. From Pakistan to Britain- the food, halal meat (:colone:) haha but I think that's already been well and truly introduced. I keep going on about the healthcare system, but a lot of Pakistani- the village dwellers are very fit and healthy due the unprocessed food and organic diet. I'm pretty sure a man from Kashmir broke the guinness world of records recently being recorded as the oldest man to alive.

I can't really remember much of Pakistan as a child other than the scenic views and family- both of which I have here. Although I would say if you have a decent living, growing up in Pakistan is more fun.

I try to understand why people are Muslims or Communists or whatever I disagree with. Most Muslims just call me arrogant or Islamophobic or brainwashed. They don't actually try to understand why I think what I think. But hey...

What's the education system like in Pakistan if you remember? Do you think there is a big difference between rich and poor? Boys and girls?
Reply 5725
Original post by de_monies
Fair enoughs. I assumed not :biggrin: But thanks! :smile: Way I see it is you can store 630(ish) files of 1080p blu ray movies on it or 1150(ish) 720p movies, taking the cost to 32p/movie or 17.4p/movie

I think you've forgotten, contradictory to my sign I am in fact female so.... err I guess I agree with you on this one...:confused:
Original post by Lil08
It's a joke.

You sir, are a baboon.
Reply 5727
Any Punjabis on here? Or just Mirpuri and Kashmiri?
I try to understand why people are Muslims or Communists or whatever I disagree with. Most Muslims just call me arrogant or Islamophobic or brainwashed. They don't actually try to understand why I think what I think. But hey...

What's the education system like in Pakistan if you remember? Do you think there is a big difference between rich and poor? Boys and girls?

Personally man, the reason why I think your not Muslim is not really your fault. I think it's more the fault of Muslims. Personally, I don't think that Muslims do enough at the moment to promote Islam in a positive way in the community to convince people what Islam really stands for. For example, have you ever thought about entering a mosque to learn more about it?
Original post by Noor90

I'm from a place near Lahore, is that what you mean ?
Original post by Noor90

Mirpuri and Kashmiri are pretty much the same thing, providing mirpur is in Kashmir lol
im half punjabi :smile:

Oh and answering your question. Yeah, there is a big difference between the rich and the poor. Most affluent students study in private schools, however, the very poor go to public schools. Whilst saying that, there's a big difference in every country between the rich and the poor.
Original post by lilmissshady
Mirpuri and Kashmiri are pretty much the same thing, providing mirpur is in Kashmir lol
im half punjabi :smile:

how half?
Reply 5733

Well maybe if you word your arguments better? A lot of Muslims are very defensive when their beliefs are challenged though, I guess as a Muslim this can have its advantages and disadvantages, but hey...

There's a massive difference between the rich and poor when it comes to education, those who can afford it have the same if not better teaching compared to us. I can use use my family as an example, I have some who can't speak a word of English and others who speak fluent English- albeit in an annoying American accent. It all comes down to money and what you can afford. Unlike here many children miss out on school because of money.
In terms of gender differences, it boils down to culture. Malala comes to mind here- but I can assure you Islamically every girl has a right to education. Yes there are families who don't educate their daughters and yes that is quite common in Pakistan, but there has been large movement towards educating females. Its important to understand the Pakistani culture doesn't equate to religion- sadly a lot of people confuse the two.
Original post by Uzzy?
Well maybe if you word your arguments better? A lot of Muslims are very defensive when their beliefs are challenged though, I guess as a Muslim this can have its advantages and disadvantages, but hey...

There's a massive difference between the rich and poor when it comes to education, those who can afford it have the same if not better teaching compared to us. I can use use my family as an example, I have some who can't speak a word of English and others who speak fluent English- albeit in an annoying American accent. It all comes down to money and what you can afford. Unlike here many children miss out on school because of money.
In terms of gender differences, it boils down to culture. Malala comes to mind here- but I can assure you Islamically every girl has a right to education. Yes there are families who don't educate their daughters and yes that is quite common in Pakistan, but there has been large movement towards educating females. Its important to understand the Pakistani culture doesn't equate to religion- sadly a lot of people confuse the two.

You were born in Pakistan? o.o
Reply 5735
What does everyone here think of the new president? Will he make a change? Do you believe the ISI is connected to terrorism, or the government? Never heard a Pakistani's view on any of these before (indian here)
Reply 5736
Original post by LegendX
You were born in Pakistan? o.o

No, what makes you say that? And if I was why's it surprising? xD
Original post by LegendX
Personally man, the reason why I think your not Muslim is not really your fault. I think it's more the fault of Muslims. Personally, I don't think that Muslims do enough at the moment to promote Islam in a positive way in the community to convince people what Islam really stands for. For example, have you ever thought about entering a mosque to learn more about it?

Do you want to message me if you want to talk about Islam specifically?
Original post by LegendX
how half?

One parent's from Punjab
Reply 5739
Original post by Ggmu!
What does everyone here think of the new president? Will he make a change? Do you believe the ISI is connected to terrorism, or the government? Never heard a Pakistani's view on any of these before (indian here)

last post of last page, just in case it was missed.

Edit: maybe this is why the pakistani government is under the strangehold of the taliban...nobody cares about the politics it seems.
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest