The Student Room Group

Can a girl like playing masculine computer games and not be gay?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I'm a straight female and I like playing games. :frown: I played runescape online loads back in the day and play tekken now on the Ps3. I'm not really bothered what people think about me. My brother has cod but I'm awful on it and it doesn't interest me at all.
Original post by Tim2341
that's not the point, all the guys I know aren't gamers. If a girl plays male based games then it's very likely that girl has a gay brain.

Are you actually being serious?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 62
Original post by shadowdweller
Are you actually being serious?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes. You know it makes sense.
Original post by Tim2341

Well, I'd actually have said it was absolute nonsense.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tim2341

Why have you posed it as a question if you're not interested in people's answers?
I play Skyrim, Infamous, Assassins Creed...

****, I must be gay.
Apparently I'm a lesbian. News to me :K:
Reply 67
Yes, why not
Wow, you know what. I always wondered why I enjoyed slaying zombies so much.

I guess I must've just been imagining destroying some girls vag, right?! Gee, thanks for clearing this up for me! You're a pal. :smile:
Reply 69
Original post by minimarshmallow
Why have you posed it as a question if you're not interested in people's answers?

i have listened, but people are not arguing constructively. They dismiss the question entirely. The distinction is the type of games. We're not talking fairy cake games but fighting games, man games. I don't think gals play them because girls don't like aggression unless they like boxing and as we know most if not all girl boxers are gay. Do some research, I'm sure you'll agree. Operative word is "most"
Original post by Tim2341
i have listened, but people are not arguing constructively. They dismiss the question entirely. The distinction is the type of games. We're not talking fairy cake games but fighting games, man games. I don't think gals play them because girls don't like aggression unless they like boxing and as we know most if not all girl boxers are gay. Do some research, I'm sure you'll agree. Operative word is "most"

Well, you're not providing sources for your claims. So currently it's just speculation. And it's a speculation that seems to havre almost no grounds.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Tim2341

Operative word is most, yet the only time you actually said most you followed it up with 'if not all'.
You're being dismissed by the straight girls who play these games, and also by the fact that you can be a masculine female without being gay and you can be a gay female without being masculine. I know plenty about gender and sexual orientation, and the amount of identification with the gender roles expected of you because of your sex is in no way related to your sexual orientation.

Plenty of girls like aggression but don't like boxing. I can't stand boxing, as I don't see the point in actual violence for entertainment. But I love simulated violence. I like action and thriller films, I love watching Eliot in the TV show Leverage (basically he beats the stuff out of people). And I'm also not a lesbian.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 72
Original post by pierreboobvier
Wow, you know what. I always wondered why I enjoyed slaying zombies so much.

I guess I must've just been imagining destroying some girls vag, right?! Gee, thanks for clearing this up for me! You're a pal. :smile:

It's not that simple. If your referring to plants vs zombies then you might still like men.
Reply 73
Well, I'd actually have said it was absolute nonsense.

Posted from TSR Mobile

you're gay and you play AC
Original post by Tim2341
you're gay and you play AC

What's your point? :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 75
Well, you're not providing sources for your claims. So currently it's just speculation. And it's a speculation that seems to havre almost no grounds.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You follow up the female boxers, tell me they're not from lesbos.
Original post by Tim2341
You follow up the female boxers, tell me they're not from lesbos.

I actually meant your original point, but I will look into it all the same.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tim2341

Do you have any evidence at all to back up your claims? The Daily Mail does not count, I am looking for actual studies here.

“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.”
Original post by INTit
It's not that simple. If your referring to plants vs zombies then you might still like men.

I was referring more to The Last of Us and Dead Island...ooh, do I qualify?
Reply 79
Original post by Tim2341

Why are fighting games "man games"? Why shouldn't women - gay, hetero or bi - like strategic war games, for example? The whole "girls play farmville, guys play first-person shooters" is rather inaccurate. Different people like different things.

I mean, what about girls who like football, or F1, or fighter jets and airshows? Must they be gay, too? :confused:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending