The Student Room Group

Can a girl like playing masculine computer games and not be gay?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sparrowhawk4
Apparently I'm a lesbian. News to me :K:

You learn something new everyday!:wink:
Original post by Kittiara
I mean, what about girls who like football, or F1, or fighter jets and airshows? Must they be gay, too? :confused:

4 out of 4, not gay.
Reply 82
Original post by pierreboobvier
I was referring more to The Last of Us and Dead Island...ooh, do I qualify?

Dead Island :redface: You've qualified. No point in denying it anymore you can throw away the girl games(the sims, call of duty).
Reply 83
Original post by INTit
Dead Island :redface: You've qualified. No point in denying it anymore you can throw away the girl games(the sims, call of duty).

Dead island is the worse game ever made even watching paint dry is better than it. And also call of duty is not a girl game :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kumori
Dead island is the worse game ever made even watching paint dry is better than it. And also call of duty is not a girl game :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

What kind of blasphemy is this?
I mean, what about girls who like football, or F1, or fighter jets and airshows? Must they be gay, too? :confused:

I'm getting gayer by the second on this thread! :lol:
Original post by incipientT
You learn something new everyday!:wink:

Lucky me! Thank you OP, it's obvious now that you understand my sexuality so much better than I do. I concede all my arguments to your irrefutable evidence.
Reply 87
I'm getting gayer by the second on this thread! :lol:

:biggrin: Guess we're all coming out of the closet. Who knew!

I sometimes even take out the bin bags, and I am not that bad at DIY...
:biggrin: Guess we're all coming out of the closet. Who knew!

I sometimes even take out the bin bags, and I am not that bad at DIY...

I built my own computer :redface: and I went to Gamescom (the only place on the planet where the queue for the ladies is shorter than the one for the mens).

Maybe we should start a support group for all the girls that the OP helped realise that they were gay :biggrin:
Reply 89
Original post by kumori

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh come on just because you can't appreciate the joy of severing limbs with a machete doesn't mean it's boring.

Cod is the biggest girls game available ! when a new one is released they even hire men to stand outside stores dressed as soldiers to entice women to buy it.

How did dead island promote Riptide ? Giant collectible big breasted female torso.
(edited 10 years ago)
Lucky me! Thank you OP, it's obvious now that you understand my sexuality so much better than I do. I concede all my arguments to your irrefutable evidence.

Well, I'm immune to that, being gay already:teehee:
I'm very grateful, I'm sure :rolleyes:

Well, I'm immune to that, being gay already:teehee:

Well, that does make it a lot easier. I'm having to re-evaluate my entire life here! :wink:
I'm very grateful, I'm sure :rolleyes:

Well, that does make it a lot easier. I'm having to re-evaluate my entire life here! :wink:

Feel free to come over to the LGBT chat thread anytime to discuss your new found feelings. We're a really friendly bunch:h:
Reply 93
Feel free to come over to the LGBT chat thread anytime to discuss your new found feelings. We're a really friendly bunch:h:

Recruiting fresh meat, are we? :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ipoop
Recruiting fresh meat, are we? :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope, apparently it's the OP that has the amazing talent of revealing peoples true nature:wink:
Reply 95
Original post by Tim2341
i have listened, but people are not arguing constructively. They dismiss the question entirely. The distinction is the type of games. We're not talking fairy cake games but fighting games, man games. I don't think gals play them because girls don't like aggression unless they like boxing and as we know most if not all girl boxers are gay. Do some research, I'm sure you'll agree. Operative word is "most"

You're going to have to list all the games you consider to be 'fighting games, man games'. So far you've mentioned GTA, which as a 16 year old girl I was completely addicted to. I'm not sure how you can possibly consider a game with so much storyline and side quests and mini-games and humour to be limited to any gender or age in its appeal. I couldn't get into Civilization because there wasn't enough going on to hold my interest. I love construction-based simulation games (SimCity, Theme Hospital etc back in he day) but Civ was a bit too slow for me and I think it lacked appeal because it tends to be rather clearly marketed as a male game (or so I felt).

Borderlands was the closest thing to an FPS I could get into to any real degree, and I didn't really enjoy it on single player. But I'm sure there are a good few straight women out there who enjoy CS and COD and the like. I would enjoy CS if I could be bothered putting in the time to get good at it, but when you're new and you just get destroyed repeatedly within 30 secs of spawning it's less fun. I've had several phases of being into PVP on World of Warcraft though, which is a similar experience.
Reply 96
Original post by Tim2341
Can a girl like playing masculine computer games and not be gay?

In general, game playing is a boy thing. Let's be honest, it's a guy thing. So if a girl plays it obsessively then isn't that a masculine streak in the girl?

I can't visualize a girl who is interested in putting on her make-up and doing her nails to also to be type to be playing xbox and ps3 games.

EDIT

I mean freaking war games, not dumbass candy games with fairy cakes.

Both my ex girlfriends enjoyed gaming, the last one is probably the meanest, coolest COD player you'll ever meet. I also have a number of female friends who love gaming. You clearly dont have a very good imagination. Perhaps you should go out and actually meet some women, instead of making sexist, ignorant threads.
(edited 10 years ago)
I guess I'm a lesbian then :rolleyes:
Reply 98
Original post by dlaiden
Are you serious? This is the same stupid logic that makes people think that ballet is for girls only, and that only gay guys do it. >.>

Posted from TSR Mobile

Regardless of whom ballet is for, I still think its crap
(edited 10 years ago)
Usually I'm the first to complain about ignorance and misogyny but he has a point.

Gaming is geared towards men and to be honest most of my female friends only play girly or casual games. I'm bisexual myself with a love of both obnoxiously feminine frilly things and dressing really tomboyish in hoodies, cargo pants, chains etc. I like both baking cakes and tearing up an off-road track.

Most of my friends from childhood who were also a little tomboyish have turned out no or lesbian (one I just got back into contact today to find her with a girl on Facebook)

But obviously there are always exceptions to the rule. What is interesting is what factors are in play regarding gender stereotypes and sexuality. Are they actually a natural response? Are all women bi but the girls who grew up being told they should play with Barbie, not Action Man also told they are supposed to like boys and not girls? Are the girls brought up in around more boyish things always goin to be hard wired to male interests? Nature or nurture?

Rather than attack stereotypes I think we should think about why they exist. Perhaps its coincidental that I am exactly but down the middle as a bisexual with intensely 'masculine' and 'feminine' interests at the opposite end of the scale. Too many hobbies to list but you would think I was a hairy woodsman if I told you half.

Quick Reply

Latest